Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Mongolia

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Other (DLC)

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is understandable.

But Landschnekt rushes seem better than Mohawk Warrior rushes.

Iron working comes sooner. Mohawks win in the beginning, but if Germany can survive they can pull more units for ''free'' after some turns.

Quick speed : 26 turns average to get Iron working right of the bat. From a standard science approach, Civil Service can be researched in around 48 turns if you skip Iron Working. With a GL approach this can be faster but you lose hammer turns to build spearmen.

Mohawks are stronger from a pure rush view imo. But Germany has better traits for long term games.

Arabia for the colors, the familiar city names, the awesome soundtrack, the great UB, and the fact that I can heve an army of 15 tanks, 10 bombers, and 10 fighters and still have extra oil to spare.

Iron working comes sooner. Mohawks win in the beginning, but if Germany can survive they can pull more units for ''free'' after some turns.

Quick speed : 26 turns average to get Iron working right of the bat. From a standard science approach, Civil Service can be researched in around 48 turns if you skip Iron Working. With a GL approach this can be faster but you lose hammer turns to build spearmen.

Mohawks are stronger from a pure rush view imo. But Germany has better traits for long term games.

I can agree with that.
And there is no use in building spearmen since Landschnakets are cheaper anyway.

Man, I'm upset I missed this vote. Hate to see Mongols drop out of the top 10. Keshiks have to be the most formidable unit in the game. Move in, shoot, move out. Never get tired of it.

The USA is great for starting! As most people can probably relate, it is a great starting civ.

It seems not to be that popular. But it's a very versatile civ. The increased scouting range is awesome both early on, and also when using artilery fire.

I also like ottomans - another civ that only got one vote. It's probably the best pick on archipelago or tiny islands maps.

It seems not to be that popular. But it's a very versatile civ. The increased scouting range is awesome both early on, and also when using artilery fire.

I also like ottomans - another civ that only got one vote. It's probably the best pick on archipelago or tiny islands maps.

Ottomans on Small Continents are unstoppable.

Depends on the victory I want to win, really. For the long game or general strategy, Persia is tops. Their golden age bonuses are just sick and never go obsolete (move siege craft, set up & fire at 110% in the same turn? ouch!).

For cultural games, I like France, and Polynesia is interesting as well.

For cathartic kill 'em all games, Chingis Khan and the Keshiks become my top pick.

My faves though are the Vikings, due to the bias of being of Scandinavian descent myself (Swedish/Finnish technically, which is why I like to look at Danmark as "Vikings" regardless of the problems with that stance :p). Their UA is mental, since the landed units retain excess naval movement points, allowing catapults to land, set up & fire on the same turn, as well as allowing berserkers and knights to rush four tiles inland with the Great Lighthouse (even more as tech and civics allow more movement points). My viking game was easily the most fun domination victory I've yet had, but on larger continents the Mongols are still more practical for inland conquests, and an opponent with a competent navy (IE human opponent) can castrate the Dansk.

It depends on what kind of victory I'm going for. If it's conquest, I'll usually play Denmark and make a mad dash for steel so I can go blitzkrieg with berserkers. For culture, I like to use Egypt's UA to get all the good wonders early on (particularly the ones that give great engineers), then use the great engineers to get even more buildings that give great engineers, all while racking up culture. Not much of a science player, but I sort of use Babylon by default for science. Might give Korea a try though. Diplomatic victories seem cheap to me, and I never play for them.

Civs I love playing as:
Greece, Rome, England, Japan, Babylon, Persia, Inca, Vikings

Civs I quite like playing as:
Songhai, France, China, Egypt, India, Korea

Meh Civs:
Spain, Germany, America, Mongolia, Siam, Ottomans, Arabia, Aztecs, Iroquois, Russia, Polynesia

Favourite is probably Korea... however, I like most of them for various reasons.

Dislike:- Rome, as I've played it 4 times, and only once got iron with it! Rome without iron is worse than Spain without wonders!

Favourite is probably Korea... however, I like most of them for various reasons.

Dislike:- Rome, as I've played it 4 times, and only once got iron with it! Rome without iron is worse than Spain without wonders!

It is true that the Romans rely heavily on Iron.
They are unstoppable with it, but helpless without it.
If ever that does happen, I would REX and go for a science victory, doing some conquering after getting ahead in tech.

Really enjoying playing with Korea DLC at present. Every science building is like getting a RA comleted. Am shifting off the present Tech to one with max turns left that is in my desired victory condition path. Seems to drop to 10 or so turns to complete from 50 or so turns on Marathon game.

Top Bottom