Brazil - Gremio
Denmark - Bröndby
Norway - Vålerenga
Sweden - Djurgården
Iceland - Reykjavik Football Club (KR)
Greece - Olympiakos
Argentina - Boca Juniors

:)

(you can tell a Parisian with ease, and I'm sure the French can single it down even further)

I m not so sure about that one.
Unless you refer to PSG fan, in which case shaved head, black bomber jacket and baseball bat makes it easy enough to recognize them. (slightly gross generalization I know, but I need to indulge into this every now and then, as a Marseille fan)

but it seems like we've got this sense of " F*** Chicago, Kansas City, Memphis, all of them. Whatever they do, we do it better." It will probably transfer to football if/when we get a team.

This is the attitude! :goodjob:

On the ultra/hooligan/general thuggery issue, it may be a reason why football never got off the ground here. If the media were to be believed, it's still 1985 in Europe. There is no mention of football in the media unless someone dies.

In some nations of Europe (Italy included) it's still 1985

f*** man utd.
My schoolmate used to know their formation by heart - he was obsessed. I couldn't help countering him.
And the fact that Oasis support Man city is a further reason for hating man utd.
The only thing I like is Cristiano Ronaldo

Manchester United is the best in Winning Eleven 10 :goodjob: You just walk with C.Ronaldo can dribble everyone and everything...

Brazil - Gremio

:)

I just hate you Ò_o

He was probably refering to the Parisian accent

So was I. Until my brain got embroiled with football....
Seriously, though, I m French and I can t tell if someone is from Paris or Nantes or Lille or Lyon or anywhere in the northern half of the country just by listening to their accent (apart from Alsace maybe).
In that sense, France is very different from other European countries, probably due to centralism.
It is however easy to tell if someone s from a particular place in coutries like Britain (or even England), Spain, Italy, Germany....

hehe, Well, Man City is way cooler than United, especially now that one team is American ( ;)).

@dionysos, you can't? Oh well, didn't know that, but one learns something new every day ;)

Generally, you're right that there might be a problem with football in Europe, but it has nothing to with Hooligans (that are the people who make a meet up to beat each other up), but more with the - well they get termed differently in any country, I know only the German name - let's call them "violent" fans. I'm referring to the Young fans, die-hard for one club and are in proximity to Ultras. Ultras are the ones with the Fire"works" (which is very nice to look at), the singing (athmosphere) and the choreos (the "images" on the curva beforehand). And the other problem is the exaggeration. I've seen much and I know with my own experience that the media has a serious bias against the "culture". It goes on with the police who got into much critic lately in Switzerland (but politics managed to shoe the "scandals" away).

Anyways, not that you guys mistake me for a fervid football fan. I've been and I love my club over everything still, but I nowadays work inside the stadium as "steward" (it's a nice weekend job, and you get to see all the games for free).

cheers, mick

As I am not a Football (Soccer to us Americans) fan, I am a fan of my Chicago Teams

Chicago Bears (die hard)
Chicago Bulls (since before Michael Jordan)
Chicago Cubs (one day we WILL rule the world, at least win a world series, or
cheer against the St. Louis Cardinals)

As I am not a Football (Soccer to us Americans) fan, I am a fan of my Chicago Teams

Chicago Bears (die hard)
Chicago Bulls (since before Michael Jordan)
Chicago Cubs (one day we WILL rule the world, at least win a world series, or
cheer against the St. Louis Cardinals)

5 out of 5 for local team loyalty

2 out of 5 for being on-topic!

moderator! arrest this man!

I'm from the States man, we didn't have soccer (football) when I was growing up. The local brand, MLS is a sorrry excuse compared to the rest of the world.

[Ducks for cover]

National teams: Italia and England über alles
I also like Croatia for some reason: I guess Euro 1996 and France 1998, and the nice jersey.

Favourite clubs: Napoli and Liverpool. Well said, Shawne3386!

In Italy, Torino über alles :)

Rhye, you like Cristiano Ronaldo only because his name is similar to Cristiano Lucarelli? :D

Anyway, search for "torino calcio" on YouTube and you'll see how beautiful is our Passion. Turin doesn't mean Juventus.

Top Bottom