What next? A 3rd expansion or the wait for Civ5?

What next? A 3rd expansion or the wait for Civ5?

• Yes, I would very much like a third expansion. Civ 4 has much more to give!

Votes: 58 38.2%
  • No more expansions - patch up the errors in Vanilla and BtS games first.

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • Don't bother with more Civ 4 stuff. Gimmie Civ 5!

Votes: 40 26.3%
  • I really am unsure about this. Let me read the thread first...

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they should make another expansion before making Civ V. :D

C5 please. I cannot really imagine much more to be added to C4, so bring on 5ive

Definitely a 3rd expansion, with more civs and more gameplay features. Even more focus on the end game would be welcome.

The missing Sikh civ should definitely be added for one :goodjob:

Unless they go off a new engine and make changes to the core game. I don't see why they would go with a Civ V as opposed to an expansion/revision to Civ IV.

If Fall From Heaven shows how much they can do with the current engine, all the different choices, tech branching, units, etc. I don't see why they'd need to do otherwise aside from planned obsolecence.

Jas, are u obsessed with the concept of a Sikh Civ?;) JK, i have some Sikh friends, and my parents are from India, so I know where you're coming from. I say they should release Civ 5 and Civ 4 Complete like they did with Civ 3.

Jas, are u obsessed with the concept of a Sikh Civ?;)

LOL :lol:

It's just the more I've thought about it, the more I've realised what a cool civ it would be to add to the game :) Admittedly, it would have to be a warlike civ though, as the game cannot possibly allow for the subtleties required for an accurate depiction.

Unless they go off a new engine and make changes to the core game. I don't see why they would go with a Civ V as opposed to an expansion/revision to Civ IV.

If Fall From Heaven shows how much they can do with the current engine, all the different choices, tech branching, units, etc. I don't see why they'd need to do otherwise aside from planned obsolecence.
Exactly my opinion.

There can be much more made with the current engine!

Besides, for Civ 5 we will probably have to buy new computers anyway... ;)

Well, they should just patch Civ 4 and its expansions before they even think about making another expansion or Civ 5.

I think Civ4 Complete says it all that the game is finished and no more expansion will not come.

No Civ 5 just yet. Just lots more scenarios, esp. historical. That's what was
so great about Civ2. Long live Fantastic Worlds and Conflicts in Civilization!
How could you match Jules Verne, part historical, part sci-fi? Great!!!!

Who said there will be a civ 5?

I hope there is, but the console version may be a sign of things to come.
Of course I too hope there is a Civ 5.

Eventually. Not now.

Nobody has said there will be a Civ 5, other than that we all know there will be (judging from the popularity of Civ 4).

The positive slant on the console game is that it might bring in some fresh ideas for the "real" (non-dumbed-down) game in its next incarnation (i.e. Civ 5).

The negative slant on the console game isn't that it might delay Civ 5 so much as draw attention away from further Civ 4 development.

And that's the reason for this poll - to highlight the potential for many more expansions to the Civ 4 engine, and to see how many users would be interested :)

I'd definitely like a new expansion, but they need to patch it up some more before they release the new expansion. IF they do. :)

Really I must say, all the "what's in Civ5" threads make me want to yawn...

Patch up the bugs, THEN a third expansion.

Civ5 in maybe two years.

My forecast: Revolutions with rave reviews on every platform, and maybe another Civ4 expansion if you're lucky and beg and mail Firaxis baked goods.
After enough hardware leapfrogs (integrated physics processors, DX10+) probably Civ5 will seem like a cool idea (like when bored programmers think "Gee, what if the swordsman died in super realistic rag doll ways"? and "Gee wouldn't day/night cycles be awesome"?)

Top Bottom