What questions do you still have?

Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

-------------------------------------------------------

How moddable is it? How many civs are striving to deliver, given the fact they'll be adding multiple leaders? How big can the maps get? Can a decent PC handle bigger maps with more civs then Civ5 without mods?

Mhrmm.... how does this "unstacking" of cities work and what's up with those "agendas"? :mischief:

And what is the fog of war design?

Well, it is harder to siege coastal cities

Is it really, though ? All we know is that you'll need see units to surround a coastal city, but it doesn't REALLY mean those unit will be more difficult to make... Just that you'll need to be ABLE to make them...

Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

Nice. :)

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to know every little tiny thing before even "opening the box," so to speak. Don't people want to discover things on their own? I look forward to firing up the game for the first time, bumbling around and screwing up on my own without the benefit of some blueprint I found on the Internet somewhere.

Now of course I enjoy these previews/spoilers/etc. (I'm here after all) but try not to commit everything to memory. With any luck the game will come with a "Here's what's different than the previous versions" intro game (instead of one for people new to the series) to help people like that.

Regarding coastal cities, they will be both easier to defend (beyond siege mechanic, ships can provide fire support, and fewer enemy units can attack at once), and having them coastal can provide more defense to your harbor district. If there was a bay or cove (minimizing wasted ocean tiles), or I needed fast access to gold and amenities, then I'd be more inclined to settle coast for above benefits. I'd also settle there just for density and district adjacency as a 5th or 6th city if it was a decent available space.

I'm still worried archers are going to dominate with 2 range and 25 attack when melee can't close the gap because of the movement changes. Perhaps if I knew horse units had a bonus against range as a tier 1 promotion and could just roll over a couple of unsupported archers, I'd feel better that ranged won't dominate with impunity again.

Is it really, though ? All we know is that you'll need see units to surround a coastal city, but it doesn't REALLY mean those unit will be more difficult to make... Just that you'll need to be ABLE to make them...
Able to make them and able to get them (at the right moment) to the coast of that city.
Depending on the map there could be cities of other civs in the way, for instance.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to know every little tiny thing before even "opening the box," so to speak. Don't people want to discover things on their own? I look forward to firing up the game for the first time, bumbling around and screwing up on my own without the benefit of some blueprint I found on the Internet somewhere.

Now of course I enjoy these previews/spoilers/etc. (I'm here after all) but try not to commit everything to memory. With any luck the game will come with a "Here's what's different than the previous versions" intro game (instead of one for people new to the series) to help people like that.
If it was a story based game, that would be true. But with a game like civilization, the more details known allows people to start planning strategies, have a good understanding of the mechanics so there is less time "learning" the game, and figuring out what mods to create. There is no real negatives to knowing all of the information before the game is released. With random maps and hidden abilities, that leaves a lot to explore and "discover" while playing the game.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

- What is the domination victory condition (percentage, capitals or other)

- What happens if you get an eureka moment when you already searched half the tech? Does the research complete? Is tech overflow a thing?

At this time, the domination victory is the same as in Civ 5--capture the capitals of all civs.

The tech just seems to complete.

Some stuff are not small for everyone, and some details may pile up and make the thing unappealing.
So, for people who don't know or think they'll like the game, these tidbits are important to form an opinion.
I've seen enough stuff so far to think I'd rather not get the game but there are still doubts. For instance, the only info about being able to raze city states or not comes from the lack of menu to allow it in one video where a city state was conquered, while the menu appears in other videos for non city-states, including one city which is a capital but maybe not the original capital.

Maybe this has been already answered, but still:
How does the Appeal work? What is it good for?

For instance, the only info about being able to raze city states or not comes from the lack of menu to allow it in one video where a city state was conquered, while the menu appears in other videos for non city-states, including one city which is a capital but maybe not the original capital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMcocNLfSU

Captures London @5:33. At @6:10 is given option to keep it or raze it. Keeps it and capital star moves to Manchester. London is always the starting capital for England.

Maybe this has been already answered, but still:
How does the Appeal work? What is it good for?

It wasn't answered directly. Seem to affect tourism and housing.

So far, to me, it really looks like coastal cities won't be very desireable. So I guess my first question would be: Are there unknown facts that will make Coastal cities important, like specific districts/district bonuses other than harbour, an honest effort to make sea battle AI a lot better than in CIV V, a lot more sea luxuries than what we've seen ?

In the livestream vid with the leader civilopedia leak, it was mentioned that coastal cities cannot be completely sieged by land units alone. It remains to be seen how balanced the dynamics of this is until we know more about naval combat.
I'm speculating we will know a lot more about naval combat when Hardrada gets a first look.

what are the specs???? Has this been answered? We are two months away and I need to prepare.

It appears to be the replacement for happiness...

Replacement for Happiness is called Amenities. Appeal is different thing :)

Your right... I got confused. Sorry!!! My head is going to explode.

I'd be interested in Espionage and the whole Tourism mechanics, that hasn't been discussed like at all. We only know appeal has an influence and there are domestic and foreign tourists afaik.

I'd be interested in Espionage and the whole Tourism mechanics, that hasn't been discussed like at all. We only know appeal has an influence and there are domestic and foreign tourists afaik.
Good point on tourism. All that we know odds that it exists, but not exactly how it works.

Obviously there is so much we don't know, but a big question i have has since unstacked cities were announced is still unanswered.

How will unstacked cities affect island cities, and how feasible will really small islands (1-4) tiles be for a city? Will those cities just have to be very specialized? Are there any water tile districts besides harbor?

Top Bottom