What to do: Emperor, Aztecs, Earth 18 Civ Map, warrior rushed Roosevelt

mutax2003

Rider of China, 4-3-3
Game setting: Emperor, Aztec, Earth 18 Civ

I just rushed with three warriors and took out the Americans in 3200 BC, how would you play it out from here on? Space? Domination? Or UN Victory? My thinking is that space and cultural would be easier than domination due to the size of the map. Attached is the save file, enjoy.

Mutax2003

Attachments

• Montezuma BC-3200-monopoly.CivBeyondSwordSave
    123.6 KB · Views: 73
If you want to play the game out, go for space. If you want to win in the 1000 ADs, go for cultural. Do some expansions in the east coast, great plains and Brazil.

Game setting: Emperor, Aztec, Earth 18 Civ

I just rushed with three warriors and took out the Americans in 3200 BC, how would you play it out from here on? Space? Domination? Or UN Victory? My thinking is that space and cultural would be easier than domination due to the size of the map. Attached is the save file, enjoy.

Mutax2003

Culture would be fairly easy but less fun, since you have enough cottage land. Space is OK, intercontinental domination after settling/cottaging SA and running tons of cottages.

Since this is probably my favorite BTS map, I have tried all victories on Noble and won them all except conquest. Domination means quicly spamming the americas with cities and building them up culturally, (which could also lead you to get a cultural victory since you want to expand your borders with culture for domination) while you have no opponets until astronomy has been researched and then take out the countries hated by the most people and keep all thier cities. That should give you domination victory since your cities in the americas should have been population boosting the whole time.

Going for space vic means building some cities, but not to the point of city spamming, and just trying to have lots of money (Grasslands) and be ahead in research so that once astronomy has been reasearched (which you should be the first to reasearch) you can have everybody be nice to you by giving them money and really old techs if they are msissing them and your military should consist of all defensive units so that once you start building the rocket if people start attacking you, you have all your parts being built deep in your nation with the cities with the most hammers, and your defensive units hold them till you launch your rocket. Lots of sentries are nice to have whenver you go for space vic too. :D

You're Monty - you NEED to go Domination or Conquest! :D Now, I'm by no means an expert on Earth18 (I've only ever won one game on it, conquest on Noble, heh). You should grab the good city sites in North America, beelining currency, then REXing South America (you can probably leave the Inca... their city sites are awful and they will never bother you). Use South America to keep your finances up (even filler cities in the Amazon area with no food bonuses are great with a few farms and tons of cottages) and use the north as your production area.

Tech for Astronomy, rifles, and cannon. Then just campaign across the world (I recommend starting in Europe).

Conquest IMO is the easiest VC on this map, choose maybe Izzy, JC, or Freddy. Izzy you chariot rush Europe, JC you praet rush europe, Freddy you axe rush europe. Take out the remaining two of the three above, France, England, and Greece. Russia too if cathy's being annoying. If you can do that, cottage and get to MT/Gunpowder, spam cuirassiers/conquistadors/cavalry when you get rifling, kill everybody in the old world, then kill everybody in the new(vassalize). I got my first 200k+ score with izzy like that.

Conquest IMO is the easiest VC on this map, choose maybe Izzy, JC, or Freddy. Izzy you chariot rush Europe, JC you praet rush europe, Freddy you axe rush europe. Take out the remaining two of the three above, France, England, and Greece. Russia too if cathy's being annoying. If you can do that, cottage and get to MT/Gunpowder, spam cuirassiers/conquistadors/cavalry when you get rifling, kill everybody in the old world, then kill everybody in the new(vassalize). I got my first 200k+ score with izzy like that.

What difficulty level?

I got my first 200 K + score with Ragnar on Noble, on the Huge Earth Challenge map (with some tuning of resources, but besides that more or less the same). I just took out Cathy with axes, Julius (with no Iron in Rome's bfc) with the same axes, and then it was a breeze.

Emperor level, going to go for pyramid, then SE economy, and then go for domination or cheesy UN backdoor domination win.

What difficulty level?

I got my first 200 K + score with Ragnar on Noble, on the Huge Earth Challenge map (with some tuning of resources, but besides that more or less the same). I just took out Cathy with axes, Julius (with no Iron in Rome's bfc) with the same axes, and then it was a breeze.

Was...Monarch, I think. Maybe prince

Emperor level, going to go for pyramid, then SE economy, and then go for domination or cheesy UN backdoor domination win.

Looking forward to the final report. :)

Vassals, colonies, dom or diplomation. Starting with Africa on E18, if Rome hasn't already taken Hattie out.

Top Bottom