What videogames have you been playing? version 1.22: What's with that plural?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the other ARPG players going for D4, I instead decided to give Last Epoch a try. Still pretty early on but I'm enjoying it. Seems to be a solid midground between Diablo and PoE in terms of complexity with plenty of customisation without melting your brain the first time you level up...

I'm running blights, metamorphs, and Legions in PoE and accumulating lots of their specific loot. I'm also building a Boneshatter guy. All in standard. :culture:"Fun fun fun until daddy takes the T-bird away!":culture: --Beach Boys

I got to level 10 and then died repeatedly from some woman boss buried deep in some dungeon who creates bloody flying devils things. I haven't figured out how to kill her yet. I like the way melee happens (even if, as I have heard, it is crap compared to ranged). I am used to that in PoE. Exploring is pretty slow and the mini map is stupid. I do not care for all the running around town to visit different folks for different reasons and then having to scurry around to find my stash. Talking to all the various NPC is also annoying. I guess much of the story is built around the various conversations, but I feel it slows things down. I'm guessing/hoping that things speed up later. The movie clips are well done, but, again, just slow the pace down. I can't esc from them. I haven't seen any of the crafting stuff. The breaking of stuff to find loot works pretty well and the auto pickup of gold works nicely. I'm still figuring our the weapon power, armor, stat stuff. For now I just go for higher numbers. The fury system seems to work well and adds seamlessly to melee combat. One huge plus over PoE is that the screen is not filled with distracting visual effects that keep you from seeing what is happening. It's early in the game so maybe that will will change, but for now it's enjoyable.

I'm still figuring out the passive tree system, but it appears to be a simpler and character defined system than PoE's. Does a second character share the same stash or are their game threads fully walled off?

I've been playing Two Worlds II as a half-archer half-mage character. I like summoning a giant bee to chase my enemies.

I used revolver against them. Don't remember what difficulty setting I played, but there was enough shells, at least for self defense. Finding some place where they cannot attack you from multiple directions and having fully loaded revolver was usually enough to fight pack off.
Also, like regular wolves, they get terribly scared if you hide in a car :)

Edit:
In the last update they fixed "unexpected items spawning in Interloper games".
So, when I found hunting knife in one of my latest Interloper playthroughs, that was most likely a bug.
In my game (Hard difficulty) I tried hiding in cars from Timberwolves and they don't run away or give up. They just stand right outside the car door endlessly growling. If I pass time, they don't budge and just keep growling with a full morale bar. If I go to sleep for an hour, same thing, they just wait outside growling. If I go to sleep for 2 hours, the morale bar disappears and they seem to go away, but as soon as I exit the car and take a few steps away from the car, the morale bar reappears and the timberwolves come right back after me. Standing and fighting them was the only way to make them retreat.
I have sad news for you :)
Episode 5 is not yet released. And IIRC if you completed steam tunnels, you are pretty close to finishing Episode 4 as well.
I finally finished Episode 4 :D... but also... I finished Episode 4 :sad:. It was really fun and I'm sad that its over.

Also... confirmed that Episode 5 is not available yet :sad:

Also... I was nowhere near done when I finished the steam tunnels :lol: In retrospect, I was only about halfway done at that point. To be fair, I had a bunch of side missions left to do, but even the mission to the mine by itself ended up taking a long time because I kept dying. The journey to and from the mine is tough because of all the wolves, but it also seems like there must be three different bears on that map, because I encountered a bear both at the lake hut, as well as blocking the entrance to the mine facility. So many bears :cringe: The final challenge is pretty tough to complete without getting killed. I died dozens of times trying to complete it. I also encountered a nasty glitch that made the ending impossible to complete, so I had to reload from a prior save:
Spoiler :
I got shot by the inmates trying to escape the prison and the autosave restart/respawn point glitched where the office phone was audibly ringing out side and wouldn't stop. Because of this I think, the cinematic where Mackenzie blocks the steam tunnel entrance door with a chair would not trigger, and the guard tower inmates were still able to shoot me, even through walls and floors, so I couldn't make it down the staircase without being shot.
The final few parts of the episode are very exciting though. Very enjoyable

Somehow I managed to scramble through that stupid mission with the RC planes, once I got the crazy controls under some measure of control.

Now I'm supposed to fight a battle using a magnet helicopter which just doesn't work out because it doesn't lock on to stuff (I must be missing something again) OR raise almost sixty thousand to buy property for some weirdo conspiracy theorist, so I suppose that six hours of grinding taxi missions should do it?

*SIGH*

Ok... I'm nearly finishing my first playthrough of Witcher 3 next gen.

I'll not get my meta-goal of getting all trophies in a single playthrough because of the "bombadier" achievement, which is unachievable in a NG+ (you need to get 6 bomb recipes, and you get none because you have all at start).

The other ones I'm missing are just story-related; I'll get them just by finishing the game. Managed to get nearly all of them without grinding, with just a little planning ahead - except the marksman one. That Trophy is really an oddity in the game, demanding a lot of kills with a weapon that is not really feasible for combat.

Anyways, I just accomplished my other meta-goal: got all sets of witcher gear - Wolven, Forgotten Wolven, Griffin, Cat, Ursine, Viper and Manticore - all six pieces of each leveled as far as they could be, with all the upgrade slots filled with greater runes. With the new rebalancing of skill points, it's now viable to change my build at will to optimize with each set, without having to reallocate points at all.

As I still have a good chunk of game ahead - at least a few hours of Blood and Wine - Guess I'll run some experiments to determine which is the best build possible in the game.

Regards :).

Magic, dear boy, magic!

I have questions.

I see five items in your on-screen inventory that could punch/cut a hole in a wicker basket.

Ah... the arbitrary limitations of videogame characters in "open world" games... where you can go anywhere and do anything... except jump up (The Long Dark)... or open "locked" doors/containers even with your axe, knife, gun, bat, hammer, screwdriver, sword, explosives. :lol:

In The Long Dark, story mode episode that I just finished, you encounter a "locked" chain link fence that you need to find a key for... but... its a chain link fence... why can't I just climb over it?? Also... its a chain link fence, and I have a crowbar and a toolbox. Why can't I use the crowbar, and/or screwdrivers, hammers etc in the toolbox to break the little padlock securing the fence gate??

Nope :nope: you have to find the key, because... the plot demands it.:lol:

Last edited:
I remember in one RPG, I think it was DA:I, where there was a decaying abandoned house in the middle of a swamp. The wooden walls were clearly in poor condition, the roof was falling in, the windows had no glass etc. And to get in, you needed a specific key. It's so nonsensical I wonder if it was meant to be a parody of such things, but it's never directly presented as such.

Reminds me of the old Might and Magic games where suddenly you'd run into a wooden crate right after killing a dragon and the crate would just stay closed no matter what you did even if you'd just killed the dragon.

Ye can't open ye crate.

I see five items in your on-screen inventory that could punch/cut a hole in a wicker basket.

Ah... the arbitrary limitations of videogame characters in "open world" games... where you can go anywhere and do anything... except jump up (The Long Dark)... or open "locked" doors/containers even with your axe, knife, gun, bat, hammer, screwdriver, sword, explosives. :lol:
There's one section in Half-Life 2 where some rebels blow up rubble with a demolition charge and have the player fight past a bunch of headcrab zombies to get to the other side of a locked wooden door. Gordon Freeman's primary weapon is a crowbar.

I made my first 5+ million dps (POB score) character over the weekend. He is a Boneshatter (melee) guy using Atziri's Disfavor (2H axe). His life is still a bit squishy (4200) but he is only level 91 so I can add some more. My previous high was a 2.3 million Vaal Reave guy with sword and shield. This is a huge step up. :smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom