What videogames have you been playing? version 1.22: What's with that plural?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gori the Grey

The Poster
You're telling me there are other games than Civ V? Go on . . .

Previous incarnations:

Spoiler :

Last edited:
In first!! :D
Can you save the game, when you're in a strong wind, reload just to look at the trees, then reload to get to your destination? Or can you only save at certain savepoints?

Thousandth post. Warned y'all!
On campaign mode, you can save at any time on levels below the hardest level. I can't remember if the hardest level has different save rules. On survival mode the game autosaves when you enter structures or change regions, but when you die, all your autosaves are auto-erased, so there is no respawn after dying... you have to start over from scratch. I believe there is a way to scumsave your survival mode games, but I never bothered to figure out how, as it felt too much like cheating.

Also... in answer to your question... Yes... there is even Civ VI! :eek: I know right?!? :faint:

I actually played Civ 6 for the first time in... I'd say it had been almost a year if not over a year. I've been playing as Rome... because I just can't quit those bastards and their OP Legion unit :p. Anyway... this is my first time playing with the "Hero" units and they are pretty awesome. I've used Hippolyta and Hercules so far and both were big difference makers. Hercules especially... he pretty much singlehandedly got me a Religion with his "12 Labors" ability. other than their powers, they essentially act as OP melee/ranged units. I also discovered Mulan and Maui, but I never ended up actually getting them (its a 2 step process to get Heroes). After Hercules finished his "labours", I used him to conquer the French before he eventually passed away of old age.

The other thing that I had experienced in one prior game, but never delved deep into, was the Secret Societies and the Apocalypse Mode. It seems like Secret Societies is just another "Governor" tile that give passive bonuses and improved relations (or worsened relations) with other Civs depending on whether they are in your Secret Society or not. Apocalypse mode was a little much. The Soothsayer Unit is too big and cartoonish, and its ability was mostly useless, since on Apocalypse mode, natural disasters happen so frequently, its like global warming has already struck, from the very start of the game. So you don't need a disaster-causing unit... there are multiple natural disasters literally every turn. I still like Civ 4 better, but these additions make Civ 6 pretty good, better than I remembered.

Last edited:
A game that has taken that much care about the effects of wind, should work it into their scent mechanics, since predators scenting you is clearly also an important element of the game.

Strong winds should also make you harder to smell, overall--disperse your scent.

Anyway, sounds like a totes cool game.

A game that has taken that much care about the effects of wind, should work it into their scent mechanics, since predators scenting you is clearly also an important element of the game.

Strong winds should also make you harder to smell, overall--disperse your scent.

Anyway, sounds like a totes cool game.
I will repeat my recommendation, if you do eventually try the game... try playing TLD survival mode 2 or 3 times on Interloper, blind, before you settle down and try either the campaign/story mode, and/or the survival mode on an easier level like Pilgrim (boring) or Voyager. A couple quick games (they will be very quick) on Interloper gives you a good crash course into what you are dealing with and the basic controls under harsh conditions.

Clever title, Gori! :)

@Takhisis saw your Civ3 demigod game. Do you play aggressively? I've won on deity with 5 city challenge.

@Takhisis saw your Civ3 demigod game. Do you play aggressively? I've won on deity with 5 city challenge.
I'm trying to improve my game for that, but so far I've been having hilariously bad starts. In my current game I got to share an island with the better-placed Iroquois, with no iron and with the Unitedstatesians in their own island right over, so they can send their 70%-cost fleets of galleys laden with infantry to attack me. I got to develop an army of horsemen which can even take on individual landings by Numidian mercenaries (the Carthaginians have decided to join the struggle) but it is still ridiculously uphill.
At least I managed to power through to the second age and sell Engineering to some civs for money.

To compound things, the game is now allowing the AI's galleys to attack my cities directly, one of Civ3's lesser-known bugs. Of course, since I am playing as Sumeria that merely means that the AI's galley sinks when attacking an Enkidu warrior, but this also means that the AI can attack my troops and break a treaty by which it had bought a tech in exchange for gpt without having to land units, so it's a bit ridiculous by now.

Also... in answer to your question... Yes... there is even Civ VI! :eek: I know right?!? :faint:
We need a "blows your mind" smiley.

Yeah, just a joke at my own expense,* since I'm such a one-trick-pony when it comes to games. I have, in fact, also played Civ III and Morrowind, and a handful of other RPGs from the era before Morrowind. And I purchased CivVI when it came out; I just rushed back to Civ V after playing a few games.

Has to be turn-based. I have no hand-eye coordination, no speedy reflexes.

*also a double joke, since "are there other games than [Game] #5?" pretty much answers itself!

As they say in some parts, a man who is tired of Morrowind is tired of life.

Morrowind sucks me back in every few years. Only competed the main quest once.

So many mods

As they say in some parts, a man who is tired of Morrowind is tired of life.

How did you grow tired of your avatar?

I've been playing a fair bit of FTL: Faster Than Light recently. It's probably the best roguelike I've played so far, although I have realy only played Pixel Dungeon variants and some other small ones (Soul Knight, ones like that... mobile games) I really like the pixel design and even if the history in the game is very vague I like making the connections in my head instead of it being told to me, just for fun. So far I've unlocked 7 of the ten cruisers, and won on Normal (only once with the very well-performing Kestrel B). I haven't looked at Advanced Mode yet, though.

My dad tells me about Nethack and how deep it is but I was never able to get past the graphics...

I propose a reboot of the franchise, no Civ VII, instead just to be called Civilization. It will be server-based and require an always-on internet connection, and the spawned resources are shared throughout the entire community.

Buildings and units will be replaced with a new system of “civics” whereby the geographical features of a city, no longer to be built by settlers, will determine the output of each city.

Also, the in-game currency of gold will also be supplemented by CivDiamonds that can be purchased in small transactions, almost on a micro scale, to speed up and enhance the experience. Otherwise, players can wait in real-time for construction to finish.

Furthermore, since the game is now always online, there will be no need for computer players and all games will be conducted with other real people, further enhancing the experience. And as chats are generally cumbersome, the game will use a permanent microphone connection and video camera to guarantee that players are in fact human and not bots.

I anxiously await your accolades.

I’m also playing Civ2TOT at the moment.

I propose a reboot of the franchise, no Civ VII, instead just to be called Civilization. It will be server-based and require an always-on internet connection, and the spawned resources are shared throughout the entire community.

Buildings and units will be replaced with a new system of “civics” whereby the geographical features of a city, no longer to be built by settlers, will determine the output of each city.

Also, the in-game currency of gold will also be supplemented by CivDiamonds that can be purchased in small transactions, almost on a micro scale, to speed up and enhance the experience. Otherwise, players can wait in real-time for construction to finish.

Furthermore, since the game is now always online, there will be no need for computer players and all games will be conducted with other real people, further enhancing the experience. And as chats are generally cumbersome, the game will use a permanent microphone connection and video camera to guarantee that players are in fact human and not bots.

don't give them ideas

Buildings and unitswill be replaced with a new system of “civics” whereby the geographical features of a city, no longer to be built by settlers, will determine the output of each city.

Wasnt there already a Civilization MMO ?
Ah it was cancelled, looked alright but somewhat shallow

Wasnt there already a Civilization MMO ?
Ah it was cancelled, looked alright but somewhat shallow
:lol:

I didn't even know that existed. I made it all up based on the 2013(?) version of SimCity and whatever mobile games have those two or even three tiers of in-game currency.

I’m about to play this game I got now called Going Out. It’s a full experience, sight, sound, smell, and even tactile, and takes real money. Overall, a much better experience than this game I played last week called Wage Slavery.

I'm playing Divinity II Original Sin. First time and well into it with custom characters.

Used to play the Diablos on PlayStation but now I need turn based combat and use laptop.

A lot more complex 'mission ' than Diablo.

How did you grow tired of your avatar?

I had it for over twelve years, man (and that's just here). Besides, this one gives the same vibes and looks cuter too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom