• Reichsritter(Imperial Knight)/Gothic Knight

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Teutonic Order

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Landsknecht, with pike or halberd

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Doppelsöldner, with two-handed sword

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Jäger, Landwehr, Freikorps or some kinds of gunpowder unit in Enlightenment/Industrial era

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Zeppelin

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Howitzer

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • MG42, or some kinds of machine guns unit

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger, or some kinds of WW2 tank

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Leopard 2, or some kinds of modern main battle tank

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Wehrmacht, Bundeswehr, or some kinds of modern infantry

• Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zwei833

Emperor
According to the current theory that the German leader would be Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in this thread, let's guess the Unique Unit of Germany!

There is a chance(not a big chance though) Germany would have 2 UU in Civ6, so you an vote for 2 units.

Seeing how Barbarossa is the leader it'll probably be something medieval. He was a crusader himself so Teutonic knight would make sense.

Seeing how Barbarossa is the leader it'll probably be something medieval. He was a crusader himself so Teutonic knight would make sense.

I doubt it as IMO Bararossa is a sucessful emperor but not a sucessful crusader leader:p
And it would be quite embarassed to chose a crusader unit as UU, as there is a chance that Germany believe Buddisum in game.

I doubt it as IMO Bararossa is a sucessful emperor but not a sucessful crusader leader:p
And it would be quite embarassed to chose a crusader unit as UU, as there is a chance that Germany believe Buddisum in game.

Even if it's not going to be the Teutonic Knights I'm sure Barbarossa will get some knight UU. It just fits too well. :mischief:

Even if it's not going to be the Teutonic Knights I'm sure Barbarossa will get some knight UU. It just fits too well. :mischief:

It's just that, Germany has sooooo many good choices for Industrial and Modern UUs, while a ton of other civs don't, but do have unique Medieval cavalry. I could see it being Barbarossa's own unique unit, and something else being Germany's if they're the last of the three civs with two UUs.

I think that the inclussion of the Panzer as a UU is almost inevitable since there are a very limited number of civs with potential modern UUs.

That being said, I am betting that since Barbarossa will be the leader, he will have the Teutonic Order as a Unique Leader Unit. Rather than be focused in calvary, Teutonic knights would perhaps recieve bonuses regarding melee combat, faith conversion, and the building of outposts.

As for other unique UUs, I would really love to see the German U-Boat as a unique early naval unit since that was definitely a game changer (sorry Zeppelin, you were iconic, but ultimately useless) or the Paris Gun, the very first industrial era superweapon (!) or their smaller (and more useful) cousins, the Big Bertha cannons!

And if they want to open the WWII can of worms, there are a ton of UU to draw from: the Messerschmitt Bf 109 aircraft, motorbike anti tank units riding BMW R75, and much, much more.

I think that the inclussion of the Panzer as a UU is almost inevitable since there are a very limited number of civs with potential modern UUs.

That being said, I am betting that since Barbarossa will be the leader, he will have the Teutonic Order as a Unique Leader Unit. Rather than be focused in calvary, Teutonic knights would perhaps recieve bonuses regarding melee combat, faith conversion, and the building of outposts.

As for other unique UUs, I would really love to see the German U-Boat as a unique early naval unit since that was definitely a game changer (sorry Zeppelin, you were iconic, but ultimately useless) or the Paris Gun, the very first industrial era superweapon (!) or their smaller (and more useful) cousins, the Big Bertha cannons!

And if they want to open the WWII can of worms, there are a ton of UU to draw from: the Messerschmitt Bf 109 aircraft, motorbike anti tank units riding BMW R75, and much, much more.

TO is good. But why TO as a leader UU? It doesn't have any relevance with Bararossa. Even TO become the Civ UU would be more reasonable.

Actually Zeppelins weren't all that useless. They were somewhat effective for Reconnaissance and small Bombing Raids since they often flew higher than the range of most artillery of the period and it is especially unique in the fact that it would come much more earlier than most flying units in game.

Although I think it'll be the stormtrooper that will ultimately become that modern unique unit of Germany. They were all too iconic to leave out.

Well they could technically drop the panzer this time and give a modern UU or tank replacement to a Civ that never had a modern UU.
Russia is probably the easiest one since the T-34 or T-55 are both iconic/famous enough to be UUs.
France would also be a possibility with a Renault FT-17 as a tank replacement.

But I have a feeling that the Panzer will make a return. I mean Egypt still has the chariot, Japan still has the samurai, Spain still has the conquistador and so I doubt Germany will lose the Panzer.

Top Bottom