What would you do [England / Immortal / Small Continents]

igloo8

Chieftain
Hi Guys

Got some good feedback on my last Ethiopia posts so I am keen to see what you think of this map.

Just started it – England Immortal / Epic / Small Continents. Have gone down Tradition. Korea (again) are at the bottom left of the screen – I have a warrior over there and know they are send sending a settler south-west.

I think the obvious place to send my first settler is on the strip of land to the left near the cotton and silver. Not sure which shore to settle on – there is a hill between the silver and the deer – that looks to be the best place.

City 3 will go by the copper (I am thinking next to the copper / mountain / sheep).

Would you place city 4 next to the crab and the natural wonder? Maybe 3 hexes east of the wonder, on the coastline? Or spread two cicites across them?

Look forward to peoples ideas

Attachments

• england.JPG
    england.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 199
Small continents map? Kinda not alot of land? Kill Korea. Now. Start with that "settler".

It's the only way. No korean settler, no "problem" with where you would settle. You can then just settle all spots.

Note: looks like spots on "bottom" of your island is out or range for early food cargo ships. Arctic ice on top. On left theres Korea. Can't remove ice, but can remove Korea.

Huge advantage if you remove korea now. Can settle where you want, get capitol (by default a very good spot), remove a potential science runaway.

If you are not able to kill korean settle now, try with body block.

Spearman + CB rush should be your top priority.

Turn 196 - Have just captured Seoul - Wanted to extort them for peace but they don't have anything

Slipped into minus happiness but it wont last, I can repair the pillaged tiles to sort that out - plus there are colosseums being built all over

Once I have machinery I am upgrading to Longbowmen and then beeline to Ship of the Line.

------------------------

Question now is - whether to dominate the rest of the continent early?

Attachments

• englad2.JPG
    englad2.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 102
With SoTL you can win as long as capitols are costal. As its Small Continets map, I'd say they are.

I'd strengten my empire. Science, city size, happy faces, gold. The usual. Bribe those that know im a bloodthirsty one to hate me less, bribe all to fight each other ...

You have 3 different religions. Any happy faces buildings?

Prebuild galleas, upgrade to SoTL, go rule the seas.

Advice: frigates start with 2 range. So until you get ranged promotion, they will be hit by cities.

Becase of that, I like to build extra. Frigate goes in, shoots at the city. Repeat with all that can. On next turn one frigate will get hurt. Move that one out, move "fresh" frigate in and shoot. If I have enough frigates, i can take city before all are so hurt I'd loose them (im out of undamaged replacements).

So far I was OK with 7-8 on Immortal. Can go with lees, but I want to be on the safe side. Plus 3-5 privateers.

Hmm, wheres your Iron?

decision made for me - askia declared war on me - I defended successfully with longbow and am now following it up.

I am focussing on developing my navy now - going along the top of the tech tree. I have 6 iron or so dotted about, getting them connected too.

will def prebuild galleas

religion wise I have just generated a GP to enhance - now I will buy faith buying buildings

I have only met the ottomans from the other continent (they may be from the same one over the other side - so I am going to be an *rsehole till I meet the rest

Top Bottom