Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Late Galactic Civil War

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Jedi Civil War Era

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • I'd rather not do a scenerio

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
I'm not working on anything pacifically now, but I could be working on units and the tech tree. I'm trying to relearn blender, so I have a question for people who use it: What do you use to convert blend files to (insert unit file type)?

Yes, but blender can't do that by itself. I need another program. Oh, and are we going to be using the old SW mod again(the one in SVN that's not working)? If we're not I'll delete it.

The NIF files, right? Because whenever I try to open one of those files it says I can't.

Have you downloaded the plug-ins for it? Blender isn't able to open them automatically, and once you get the plugin you need to configure it.

Yes, at least 3 times. *shrugs* oh well, I'll just work on python. Anyways, what do you want to be working on, Moopoo and Niknaks? I uploaded the new mod that I was working on to SVN.

2 civs, with a leader each, 2 ecenomic units (worker and settler), 2 military units + 2 UU, a building + a UB, some techs, and 2 "religions". I added buttons for the "religions" and title screen music. It'll be easier to see it yourself, but I'm fairly sure we're good for civs and "religions".

Wish me luck: I'm going to try to program in space. It'll probably take me 5 years, but I'm still trying it!

Unfortunatelly It'll require some C++, which I know very little about. Can someone point me to a good tutorial?
Edit: And does anyone know the file that tells the game how to load a save file?

No to the edit, but The best tutorial I've found so far (which I planning on using this next month :D) is the one on Wikiversity.

Hmm, never heard of wikiversity (which is strange as I'm a wiki fan). I'll have to check it out. No real news, though.
Edit: And does anyone know the answer to my second question? I think I'm going to need tomess around with save files.

Alright, I'm fairly sure it'll be impossible to do with my skill level, possibly just impossible. So unless we get an expert in C++, space will have to be repressented some other way. I guess the best thing to do then (on a full galactic map) is to make planets 3x3 tiles (or something like that), make space impassible, and allow space units to go through impassible terrain. Oh, and who's doing what in XML? I'll do units and techs.

Top Bottom