1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the first mod you want?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by usadefcon1, Sep 24, 2016.

1. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

IGE for Civ 6 is the most important mod in my view.

Palavos and Maasu like this.
  2. helpless_writer

helpless_writer Warlord

Some kind of civil war mod. Nothing I hate more than to be dealing with a civ on the way to a domination victory with their debt being ridiculously high, people unhappy, yet they still are able to function.

Manifold likes this.
  3. catweazle

catweazle Chieftain

An equivalent of the EUI-mod of CiV.

4. civfanatic69

civfanatic69 Chieftain

Some ideas...

-An improvement which can allow "canals" if there are two bodies of water separated by one tile.

-Add a "second plane" to the map just like CIV BE were you can see your satellites and stuff, sort of like a space district/station.

-Allow production from industrial districts for certain things and at a slower rate.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  5. mnf

mnf King

Color-in fog of war.
    • Barbarian camps are colored in red.
    • Tribal villages are colored in gold.
    • Resource icons are colored in, perhaps in a reduced color saturation.
    Or I'd be happy with a "peek" button that will temporarily remove the fog of war effect itself only, but doesn't show/update the info. The fog of war, while stylish, feels more an irritation when planning city placements in advance.

6. durfal

durfal The Dutch Daredevil

Mostly depends what is in the final game and what isn't since we haven't seen the final version yet.
    But for certain a working mod that adds a new civilization, just to see what files are needed or have to be changed for that, so I can make my own and add the Netherlands to the game ;).

7. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

Ah, but what if the working mod is the Netherlands, as I plan it to be? ;)

8. Ikael

Ikael King

- Non-sucking sea tiles / coastal locations (buffs for coastatal infrastructure / wonders / buildings / etc)
    - Balanced civs / leaders, starting with Russia's Peter the Great
    - Either harder requirements for Eurekas, or costlier tech (probably the latter)
    - General rebalancing of policies and goverment types
    - General balance of wonders, plus a couple additional ones too, probably
    - Extra pantheons and religious beliefs, just for the hell of it

9. Larsenex

Larsenex King

I would like an in game editor for terrain.

Palavos likes this.
  10. JDexter

JDexter Prince

The mod I want the most, by far, would be something aching to Fall from Heaven - a really good fantasy mod. But for starters:
    After playing Vanilla for some time I will probably want an expansion of the tech tree, more buildings/wonders/units/civs, things that expand your choices and the flavor in general.

11. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

A Dutch civilization :D.

12. Gilgamensch

Gilgamensch Chieftain

Total conversion to take away districts and add world congress.

13. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Hmm the terrain is odd to me. It looks like Candyland or something. Maybe some realistic terrain mods. I bet you if they had pushed for a more realistic world this would be the best civ yet. This is not a rant I am sure I will enjoy playing this.

14. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Hmm the terrain is odd to me. It looks like Candyland or something. Maybe some realistic terrain mods. I bet you if they had pushed for a more realistic world this would be the best civ yet. This is not a rant I am sure I will enjoy playing this.

15. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

I've read a bit of this thread and comments are more about 'game improvements' than an actual MOD.

I agree. This could also be considered a 'game improvement' but we've seen in the past that the final interface from the std Civ game gave only 'mediocre' info. In Civ IV there were some great MOD's that really improved the way we could get information (cities, troops locations, etc), so I guess in Civ VI this could also been needed.

About MOD's, I like MOD's that focus on different game aspects. It could be either very specific or almost a different game than the std game. So I would say the following:
    - Cold War MOD
    - Space MOD
    - Zombie MOD

16. Maasu

Maasu Chieftain

Definitely IGE, that is a must to creating some interesting custom scenarios, for example; extremely strong city states or making only your Capital powerful VS hardest difficulty AI.

17. Randall_Flagg

Randall_Flagg The Evil One

Not sure we can even mod it, but, the new movement will become so tedious after one game, it will need to be modded or barbs turned off.

18. darthtoon

darthtoon Chieftain

if it is possible, a total conversion mod that gets rid of districts and resets cities back to what they were in Civ V

19. Lliraeden

Lliraeden Chieftain

I'm a fan of Civ:BE, despite it's faults! I'd love for a CiV:BE mod that uses the Civ6 mechanics! Spaaaaaaaaaaace!

20. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

A color picker mod for customizing a civ's colors.