1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the most unbalanced custom race you've ever made (MOO2)?

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by malicious bloke, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Darza

Darza Chieftain

Slightly different: if you did fired all your weapons prior moving, then move somewhere - then it will be done-d at arrival. If you move ship first, then fire all the weapons as in your example - it wouldnt be doned.

2. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Ah, I see. Yeah, I instinctively worked around that by having lots of weapon groups. Make sense...

3. Darza

Darza Chieftain

Number of weapon slots used doesnt matter there. If you fired them all - it would be doned.

4. Giftless

Giftless Chieftain

I agree on the matter of having specialized planets; though usually with how I use FT in my games there's some extra context to consider. Usually on my Homeworld start I can only get 6-8 production early on before pollution sets in. And with how the game is designed there are almost always odd numbers of food units being produced (9 food when I have 8 aquatic population on a water planet). It may not seem like much, but all that loose change adds up, especially when it's BC that can kick in before a planet is fully grown.

Anyhow, the way I use it is with a massive builder / terraformer style game. I pact and trade treaty every A.I. I meet, get colony governors set up in multiplanet systems ASAP, and Rush Buy. Granted, it might not work so well for an early game warlord; but if you're the type who planet-constructs and rush-terraforms everything then food scarcity is not going to be a problem :D

P.S. I tried a game recently without the Fantastic Traders on and found that the game rounds down (a rip-off) on the food BC calculation. Therefore the difference for a three food surplus is 3 BC versus 1 BC, so it's not a simple 2x increase but a 3x increase in some cases.

5. Darza

Darza Chieftain

Moreother, in some case its truly infinite increase, with 1 food surplus - you jump from the 0 BC profit to a whoopping 1 BC profit. But well, that doesnt change anything. Did you watched the video link? Also there is no problem at all to build with pollution, to skip it entirely - you could use the Tolerant (as it also one of the best classic races), or Money race (not really working well in classic moo2).

6. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Yeah, I know. I would just save some weapons for last. I'd have to deselect a weapon if I had some complex maneuvers in mind

7. humbe

humbe Chieftain

Most unbalanced race I've ever played:

- Creative
    - Lithovore (*)
    - Tolerant (*)
    - Subterranean (*)
    - Ship Offence +50
    - Imperium (Dictatorship)
    - Large Home World
    - Rich Home World
    - Artifacts Home World
    - Lucky
    - Omniscient
    - Ground Combat -20 (*)

(*) - All my colonists are captured Silicoids, so I'm getting lithovore, tolerant and subterranean from them, which removes my -food and low gravity penalties except for the ground combat penalty, and I had ground combat -10 to begin with.

8. rcasale42

rcasale42 Chieftain

I don't know about most unbalanced, but I'm currently playing

Tolerant
    +50% population growth
    +1 Production
    Charismatic
    -ground combat
    -spying
    -ship attack
    -ship defense

Tolerant is just so powerful, with the added population and ignoring pollution. I like to take Charismatic for fun, because you can get more interesting leaders. Combat penalties are fine in my mind, because they have no effect on your early expansion, and once you have to economic base they can be offset by sheer numbers.

BTW, I'm glad I found the MOO community.

9. Tech_150

Tech_150 Chieftain

The "imbalanciness" of any custom race can be greatly improved by using patch 1.40 and /picks=14, or patch 1.50 and removing the restriction of only 10 negative picks.

In 1.40, those 4 extra picks got me very accustomed to using subterranean most of the time. Two of my favorite 1.40 custom races:

* FeudLithSubtCrea with -50 pop growth and repulsive
    * DictCybSubtCreaProd+2 with -50 pop growth and repulsive

In 1.50, without a limitation on negative picks, you can do stuff like

* UniTolLithSubt
    * DemoLithSubtSci+2ArtiLg

With uncreative, pimped-up AI races and mapgen settings which also benetfit said AI races, even those can be a challenge.