Whats your Favorite faction?

What are the stats of Sarmatian mercs? I´ve never played it long enough to meet them...

Cheezy the Wiz said:
samartians are some of the best units in the whole game, alas you cannot train them
Unless you unlock barbarian faction...

Greek Cities. Gotta love their starts, their cash, generals, location, units.

Barbarian faction? how can you play as them?

I know the Germans are great, but how can you unlock the barbarians?

Does that file include barbs?

Persian Campaign was the easiest I have played yet. Sleucid arsenal was quite admirable. My all time favourite is Greece. `Hoplite Elite!` or `Men of Sparta!` or `Armoured Hoplites!` commands are pretty cool.

Armenia. Youd never expect 2 people to back them up, but i won the game with them, on normal. Their the only faction ive ever done that with: all the others ether get boring or someone has a hidden reserve and kills me when i least expect it
IMO, armenia is easier to do than Parthia.
Though il have to disagree with abgar, armenian legionaires are the best. Cataphract archers would be incredible, but alas, their is no way to make them fight melee. Heavy spearmen are only really good on the defense, but im already very good at that.

What do you mean? Cataphract archers will go into a melee as long as you unselect the "skirmish mode" button, and in a downhill charge in the rear, they´ll do massive damage! Trust me, I´ve done it!

The brutii are the best.

They have access to some of the very best heavy infantry in the game, have 2 powerfull allies, and once you have conquered greece the money starts flowing in. Also temple of mars (extra xp) and temple of mercury (extra $) are both very useful.

They get different temples and different gladiators, and the Scipii get better ships.

I never go for naval warfare... auto solving somehow always makes me lose. Once, playing with the Julii, I got as a reward a company of Gladiatori Velites. Ugh!

Top Bottom