What's your NFL team?

A loyal Jets fan...oh how I feel for you. Your the Mets of the NFL :p

Although I think most of the Mets have stronger arms than Pennington right now.

And speaking of the Jets, Curtis Martin is likely done. His knee isnt progressing and is being described as "bone on bone". Not good for a 33 year old runningback.

I wish the Jets to do well though, I really felt for them when they lost to the Steelers...gutwrenching.

Azale said:

And speaking of the Jets, Curtis Martin is likely done. His knee isnt progressing and is being described as "bone on bone". Not good for a 33 year old runningback.

I wish the Jets to do well though, I really felt for them when they lost to the Steelers...gutwrenching.

Well the Mets are flying this season :)....but things don't look to promising for the Jet's future as you said.....see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4322209&postcount=60

Azale said:

Although rumors are that Martin has approx. 50% chance of playing, Pennington did well in scrimmage and has a large lead for the
starting QB spot- if he can stay semi-healthy he can get the job done
well enough for them to eek out a few victories.

For me it just isn't the same rooting for a team in another city. Kind of silly I know, since most players have no real affiliation to the city that they play in. Even a suck team would be OK, at least we could go to games. Right now the closest thing we have is USC or UCLA.

The scheduling was just a function of LA being such a big media market. Which of course is why the league is working so hard to get a team back here.
The Rams left because no one in LA went to the games even though there was such a huge market. What has changed?

Well, there was a lot of fan dissatisfaction when Georgia Frontiere took over the Rams in 1979. Notwithstanding that, attendance and revenues weren't that bad. The offer from St. Louis was just too sweet to pass up (she is from that area anyway).

There are something like 18 million people in the greater LA area, many of whom are football fans with disposable income. I seriously doubt that ticket sales will be a problem.

The problem is more of getting someone to build a new stadium, then maybe? Isn't that why Houston got the last expansion team before LA?

Right now they are looking at a couple of stadium options, either a new facility in Anaheim (near Disneyland), or refurbishing the LA Coliseum (the old home of the Raiders). The Coliseum is an absolute pit, situated in one of the worst neighborhoods in LA -- which was kind of fitting for the Raiders and their fans...

Obviously I am pulling for the Anaheim site.

New York!

Top Bottom