1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] When should we start getting Lets Plays of GS on YouTube?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Leathaface, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Only that he is in a hotel with other video game enthusiasts at the expense of a major developer.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  2. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Are there any other viable candidates besides gathering storm as the subject of the gathering? I noticed that neither Ed nor Sarah was on the livestream yesterday - perhaps they're out there, too?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Sarah isn't the marketing manager anymore. She won't be on anymore livestreams. But she was in house. She tweeted a pic of Pete and herself on the set shortly before the livestream.

No idea about Ed. He tweeted the agenda later than normal, and has been otherwise quiet.

CPWimmer, WillowBrook and RohirrimElf like this.
  4. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

Hmmm... has anyone got any spies that they can send to San Francisco? I'm sure Teddy won't mind if we establish a listening post...

CPWimmer, Siptah, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

I dont get what all this NDA is good for. If firaxis was paradox we would have seen a big multiplayer lifestream event in one of these days spanning like 3 days. With all the popular youtubers taking control of a nation. If there was a somewhat playable build. Thousands of civ fans would be watching it live. And we would all be excited. (Just look at the Alpha imperator build with Johan playing as Rome this week). Probably a 50 turn limited build with the latest unit being a swordsman and about 4 cities is all whe get to watch till feb 14 for this expansion for youtubers. So sad. Loving the thursday livestreams do.

*gets back to destroying indian guy who is angry with me for close borders even do he planted a forward city right in my face*

Siptah likes this.
  6. Eagle Pursuit

Come to think of it, one of the times Quill18 went to SF for one of these, the embargo dropped only two days after he left, just enough time for all the participants to return home and get settled.

Another time, it was a whole week because the IGNs of the world needed time to write articles.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  7. Rup

Rup Chieftain

Quil18 is back home. :)

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  8. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

Any recent builds on the Steam DB (in particular whatever that Marketing branch was called)?

9. Rup

Rup Chieftain

It was updated just 2 days ago.

CPWimmer likes this.
  10. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Some publishers still operate in the stone age, like 2K, the parent company of Firaxis. Staggered releases and marketing campaigns like these are going the way of the Dodo as soon as the rest of the industry catches on to the more modern forms of marketing.

Trav'ling Canuck and Siptah like this.
  11. Ashandalar

Ashandalar Chieftain

The "Press Preview" branch was just updated.

12. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

Marbozir has been uploading videos of Civ V for a good while now, but he has switched to Civ VI for his latest Lets Play in Civilization. I say he's trying to get an early copy of GS no doubt!