• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

When will you get Civ5?

When will you most likely buy Civ5?

• I pre-bought it

Votes: 71 21.9%
  • I'll buy it on release day

Votes: 88 27.2%
  • I'll wait a couple months for the price to come down a little and/or the first patch

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • I'll wait several months for the price to drop and/or the second patch

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • I'll wait about a year for significant price drop and/or multiple patches

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • I'll wait 'til it hits the bargain bin in a couple years

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • I don't foresee buying or playing it

Votes: 38 11.7%
  • Other (see my post)

Votes: 31 9.6%

• Total voters
I pre-purchased the deluxe edition already. I usually wait to buy games... but civ 5 deserves an exception.

No, I don't usually wait to buy games, I ALWAYS wait to buy games, But civ 5 deserves my Pre-ordering v-card.

I'm pre-ordering it on Steam during the summer. I don't understand people who are not buying it because of Steam. This is your loss and you are missing out on a great game just to spite Steam, which is just a one time activation.

I pre-bought it, however if steam isn't remove before release, I will cancel the order.

People can live without civ5 you know.

I'm pre-ordering it on Steam during the summer. I don't understand people who are not buying it because of Steam.

It's called having principles.

We are always told that one of the main reasons game prices are as high as they are is because of piracy. When a company takes incredible measures (makes you rent a game) to address piracy but keeps the price high (sometimes higher), only a fool wouldn't ask questions.

Indeed, the asking price for Civ5 is more than I have ever paid for a new video game whether on console or PC. 80 USD for the regular edition. Apart from MW2, Civ5 is the most expensive game on steam, equal with a few others.
If one goes with the Deluxe edition, Civ5 is the most expensive game available, equal with MW2.

It's quite difficult to ignore the opportunity that Valve and Firaxis/TakeTwo have here.

It's interesting to see that two of the other games that are at 80 USD also happen to be digital deluxe editions. Valve have done well getting Take Two to agree to this deal.

I'm going to wait for some independent scuttlebutt before buying.

I'm willing to bet that most of the naysayers actually buy the game within a few days of release. :lol:

I'm willing to bet that most of the naysayers actually buy the game within a few days of release. :lol:
Correct. Releaseday of a version that doesn't force one into Steam (or any other kind of DRM) is the day I and many others buy the game.

I don't think a legal non-steam version will ever be released.

Most Civvers will forget their principles, give into temptation, and buy it soon after release.

For me Steam isn't that much of a problem. If it were GFWL or UBICRAP DRM then I would not buy it.

If the decision to require Steam stays, which I fully expect it will, then I won't be buying it.

If the decision to require Steam goes, which I fully doubt, then I will be buying it on release day or pre-ordering.

Naturally there are a few Civvers who will adhere to their principles. But I'm willing to bet my house that most will give it a few days and then give into temptation.

It's basic human nature.

If the sales of C5 are markedly below C4 then I will have been proven wrong, and will be selling the Big Issue.

Naturally there are a few Civvers who will adhere to their principles. But I'm willing to bet my house that most will give it a few days and then give into temptation.

It's basic human nature.

If the sales of C5 are markedly below C4 then I will have been proven wrong, and will be selling the Big Issue.

I agree a lot will cave. Those that don't will probably be forgotten by the developers since those that did fall into their trap will now get self-pressured into buying lots of downloadable extra content to make up for the loss of initial sales.

I just know I won't be one of them.

I agree a lot will cave. Those that don't will probably be forgotten by the developers since those that did fall into their trap will now get self-pressured into buying lots of downloadable extra content to make up for the loss of initial sales.

I just know I won't be one of them.

Me neither. This isn't the first steam exlusive I skip, Half-Life 2 (and anything it spawned) and Empire: Total War (and squals) being the ones I remember off hand. I won't lose sleep over it now that the initial shock has passed. And Firaxis/2k will count the lost sales as caused by piracy anyway as there's absolutely no other reason for people to not buy the game so each of us must have pirated it :p:D

Maybe I'll have time to play some of the ~50 games I've bought but not yet played :lol: Total War Eras still sits in my closet unopened :p

I preordered the deluxe edition from Steam a week ago, the day it became available. I wouldn't have bought it anywhere else anyways.

I probably won't buy it immediately, and it's likely that I'll settle into a rather long waiting period looking at a number of things - price, reviews/CFC, stuff like that. Normally I'm a preorder junkie but day 0 DLC and required steamworks is enough for me to settle into waiting mode to see how it all pans out.

Marked as never which can change, but has about a 50/50 chance of not.

I just purchased CIV III and CIV IV. If history repeats itself.....

Im prob going to try it at a lan centre so I'll be kind of satisfied yet wont have to blow lots of moneys on a new computer. optomistically i guess 1+ years till i buy but yea i probably will cave sooner lol

I wont buy steam version but maybe when a boxed version comes out
but first renting from videotheque and try it out and play a demo
steam is bad and
"'ll wait about a year for significant price drop and/or multiple patches"
becuz every game makes patches and before that every game is horrible to play

I had a very bad experience with steam with Empire Total War (3 installs come on!!)

I will just download Civ 5 off **** as protest

Moderator Action: the forum has a zero tolerance on piracy

I really don't know why Steam is such a deal breaker for people. What I'm much more worried about is this DLC crap. If they prevent people from modding Babylon back in then I will just wait until Civ 5 Complete with all DLC included.

I've already pre-ordered the deluxe edition on Steam so I plan to be playing on day one! :)

Oh noes! They're going to burn me at the stake! Steam is the devil and I'm a disciple of its foul sorcery and witchcraft!!!

Top Bottom