Where are ciV competitors?

ok... so i realize this is probably on the wrong forum for this, it just seems like people here have the answers to these questions. i have EUIII and EUIIIHTTT on steam but they dont sell divine wind, how does that work, i guess before i started playing ciV i didnt ever use steam. can i download Divine Wind from somewhere else and use it with my steam version of EUIII and HTTT?

I am in the same situation, and note that the fine print in the Impulse version of Divine Wind states that it will only run with the Impulse versions of the required games.

For some reason, the Steam release of Devine Wind has been delayed until January. Not a huge loss. The current version still has a bug or two to squash.

just looked through the paradox forums, appearently they are going to put divine wind on steam in january.

For some reason, the Steam release of Devine Wind has been delayed until January. Not a huge loss. The current version still has a bug or two to squash.

Thanks for that, I'll wait until then. I don't mind buying things off of Steam (but I am a bit worried what Steam will do if they become a monopoly.)

When the devs are asked they always recommend buying everything from the same supplier, especially when Steam is involved.

how about games that cover longer time periods? i really wish there was a europa universalis game that spans from 4000 bc to 2050 ad.

how about games that cover longer time periods? i really wish there was a europa universalis game that spans from 4000 bc to 2050 ad.

You can use a EU3 mod that is called Rising Nations.

That one unfortunately not being updated anymore afaik.

Yes, it only works with HttT (heir to the throne) 4.0 patch. I've just got Divine Wind and i really liked it although there are some frustrating bugs like new alliance system. You can easily find yourself in a world war after declaring war on a small state. It calls its allies then these allies call their allies. It goes like a chain.

Try Hearts of Iron II Arsenal of Democracy.

IMO
I absolutely love AOD. Have you checked out "Darkest hour"? Think it comes out as an expansion to either hoi2 or Aod (dont remember) next couple of weeks or so. Really quality games for those hardcore strategy gamers

Conquest of the New World IS a good one. So is East India Company Complete. Hopefully Nitro will make some more games soon.

I recommend Heros of Might and Magic, from Ubisoft. The series runs I-V, but get III. IV was released long before it was ready, and the company went under before they could repair it. V was released by a different company, and isn't as good as III. Also, III has many expansions.

You develop cities, explore the world, raise large armies, all turn-based. Combat is between two armies, at a time, which zooms to a small hex map. There's no technology, but getting more powerful units requires more developed cities, so there's a similar progression.

Overall one of the best games I've played. It's sucked up a lot of my time.

Oh, and it supports multiplayer too.

I recommend Heros of Might and Magic, from Ubisoft. The series runs I-V, but get III. IV was released long before it was ready, and the company went under before they could repair it. V was released by a different company, and isn't as good as III. Also, III has many expansions.

You develop cities, explore the world, raise large armies, all turn-based. Combat is between two armies, at a time, which zooms to a small hex map. There's no technology, but getting more powerful units requires more developed cities, so there's a similar progression.

Overall one of the best games I've played. It's sucked up a lot of my time.

Oh, and it supports multiplayer too.

I have Heroes 2. Can't get the thing to work on Windows 7, or VMware XP :(

I absolutely love AOD. Have you checked out "Darkest hour"? Think it comes out as an expansion to either hoi2 or Aod (dont remember) next couple of weeks or so. Really quality games for those hardcore strategy gamers

Darkest Hour is a stand alone and doesn't require HOI2 or AOD. It'll come out in March.
Iron Cross is an expansion which works on HOI2, AOD and DH.

By the way, there is a EU3 mod called "Civilization Universalis". Basically each nation/civ starts with only one province, like in a Civ game.

Victoria Fantasia is the Vicky 2 equivalent of that mod.

I am in the same situation, and note that the fine print in the Impulse version of Divine Wind states that it will only run with the Impulse versions of the required games.

Well the same true for steam, and I would rather support impulse.

Interface is better, updating is better and does not request internet connection.

Oh come on, that's the biggest disappointment of strategy games that has ever been.

you think? what did you think of napoleon

Spoiler :
biggest pile of overpriced uninspired standalone expantion crap that i have had the misfortune of purchasing

now empire i loved!

shogun2 promises to be mindblowingly awesome (i hope :lol: )

Top Bottom