Where are the 4 horsemen and the avatar of wrath from?

Monkeyfinger

Deity
Are they demons from hell? Instruments of punishment sent by The One to smack humanity around for being bad? Something else?

What about Blight and Apocalypse? Who or what is actually carrying those things out?

from Buboes pedia entry:

I am unborn of flesh, untouched by death, the enemy of peace and rest. That weakness in a sword yet unbroken, that would fail its wielder in battle and cost his life, or crack that will form in the capstone under to much pressure and cause the house to crumble.

In that age any thought of the gods was mirrored in creation. Trees were Sucellus's green musing on the golden pillars of heaven, butterflies the scattered whims of gentle Amathaon. But these gods knew fear as well, and even their fear became manifest. I am their fear of war, of the battles, rage and pain that even they are victim to.

Bound and hidden, as is their fear, I am still a part of creation. And if unbound I will act out their fears upon the land, and Erebus will crumble under my sword.

So the horsemen as the gods fears acted out on the land.

The Avatar of Wrath is an angel in the service of Camulos (the angel of war).

Interesting. I thought the Avatar was the manifestation of the despair, anger, and pain of the few humans left forged a la Lovercraft into a physical being -- an avatar. I will have to read his pedia again.

The Armageddon popup implies that Ksi's right. I guess the Avatar joins up with Camulos?

As a side note, why do the gods fear pestilence?

Fewer worshipers?

A huge pestilence would ruin the creation. That's why Yersinia exists

So the Gods fear a giant Mardi gras?

Dont we all?

From Stephanos's pedia description:

"Would someone please make me a real unit model, I feel like I should be leading a Mardi Gras parade"

- Stephanos

Dont we all?

From Stephanos's pedia description:

ah. ok, ok,... you catched me... I´ll come back to the horsemen soon :/ ;)

Top Bottom