Where should we found the second city? - redone

Where should we found the second city? - redone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Upon reviewing the city sites once again and seeing as my vote for site E is losing horribly, I hereby change my vote to one for site D. We will still eventually gain the gems, and it is a good site, with lots of production and lots of food. We don't need a port city yet! Map Making is thousands of years away, time that we should be using to build up our infrastructure.

Moderator Action: Poll changes per request of Noldy.

If the public can't verify that a vote has been changed (by seeing the voters name move to the option they changed to), then vote changing in public polls is just as unreliable as in secret polls.

P.S. Don't vote! CT, please close this poll.

So... did we merely decide to go South in the General Direction of Sites C and D and try for a Tie-break when we got to site D? Or did the Honorable Noldodan decide? Or his Honor the President?

Sir Donald III said:
So... did we merely decide to go South in the General Direction of Sites C and D and try for a Tie-break when we got to site D? Or did the Honorable Noldodan decide? Or his Honor the President?
Well, since the chat was cut off at 1 turn, the city was not founded. In this poll, sites C and D were tied at 13-13, so now we're having a repoll.

Thank you for closing the poll RM. I realized after I posted the above statement that the vote counts differ in both the first choice of the vote changer and the option they changed to. So I guess it is more reliable than I first thought. Payno attention to that other post. ;)

Got a pm from Isabelle asking to change her vote from D to C. While the poll is closed, and this would break the tie, the DP should still use his descretion.

Isabelle said:
After giving it some consideration, I would like to change my vote on this poll from D to C. Would this be possible? ;(

If this PM was sent after the turnchat was started, then the request should be considered null and void.

But, if the PM was sent before the turnchat... then someone somewhere messed up.

Chieftess, SD3 is correct here. This poll was conducted during certain time constraints and only thos results gleaned during thos times are valid. I appreciate both you and Isabelle's (love that name) effort to help the situation, the above move is illegal.

The results of this poll stand as tied between C and D.

I also suggest that Noldodan folows his heart and makes a decision, as we have seen enough polls from that side, and I would much rather prefer an executive decision.
The polls has eroded so much of the mandate of the Ministers, it is beyond a motivational
problem for each minister, also a system problem. As this is a democracygame, there is still some leadership, and that is only the legal leadership.

Fier Canadien said:
Couldn't we simply have a run off poll starting now with three options: C, D, abstain?

It's the way it should be if we have time (and we have some, untill friday)

As I've stated elsewhere, that decision is up to Noldodan completely.

Edited for Change in language. If you are posting to protest my use of the word "would not be a Runoff", I accept your protest by default.

IF we have another Poll, it should NOT be a Runoff. The deadlock between C and D assumed basically an Empty neighborhood or Only Barbs, by my understanding. It did not take into account the possibility of other civs in the area. (Which I do not blame Noldo or anyone for.)

The only question in my mind is "Should the Deadlock, and Noldodan's response to it, stand given these new circumstances?" (And, if not, what should we do now?)

Actually, that would probably make a good Judicial Review. I'll see you in the Judicial Hut.

Top Bottom