Where'd the 3.13 change list thread go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame Alexman for deleting his post, not posting any comments or having hard feelings about what occurred in that thread. Many of those comments were unfair and too mean spirited. I commend Alexman for not fighting back, because I probably would have and what he says reflects not only himself, but on Firaxis.

I heard that the patch failed in testing, and I thought that I had heard it here. If it was only on Apolyton, then maybe it's because they are acting more civil. I can't access Apolyton at work, so I would love for the information to come here instead, but it sounds like we killed that golden goose.

I am personally embarrassed at the hate and vitriol directed at someone who was just trying to be helpful. While I love playing this game, and it is a game, not real life, my world does not revolve around the release of a patch. I think it is unfair to shoot the messenger and now we don't have anyone to pass along any early information. I guess we'll how much the Take2 marketing folks like posting on fansite boards, because I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a post from them ever and I doubt I ever will.

I won't write the last thing I want to say, because writing this has made me even more angry and I would regret it, so I'll hold my tongue.

It's a shame that a few angry dwarves were able to alienate our (civfanatics') one inside man. Now it seems we won't get anymore insider info.

Most of his info was posted exclusively at 'Poly, not here.

It's a shame that a few angry dwarves were able to alienate our (civfanatics') one inside man. Now it seems we won't get anymore insider info.

I don't mean to focus on you, but this is exactly the sort of sentence which made a bad situation worse in the other thread. In this thread, I sense a good deal of restraint from the majority of us who posted in the other thread. So, if nothing else, closing the other thread and starting a new one seems to have acted as a bit of a cooling-off device. I, for one, would very much appreciate you or anyone not making it worse by using such provocative (not to mention non-PC) language in this discussion. There's plenty of fat already on this fire. Please don't make it worse.

I don't mean to focus on you, but this is exactly the sort of sentence which made a bad situation worse in the other thread. In this thread, I sense a good deal of restraint from the majority of us who posted in the other thread. So, if nothing else, closing the other thread and starting a new one seems to have acted as a bit of a cooling-off device. I, for one, would very much appreciate you or anyone not making it worse by using such provocative (not to mention non-PC) language in this discussion. There's plenty of fat already on this fire. Please don't make it worse.

I suggest using the report post button when someone is trolling such as the post you quoted. It's the only way I have restrained myself from flaming certain posts in this thread already. :)

Somebody asked for this information
These are the last few posts at Apolyton

jpinard1
01-10-2007 21:46 edit | quote #99 | report |
Is it still possible it might get released tomorrow (Tuesday) like was mentioned before? And if not, are we looking at like a week or more wait?

snoopy369
01-10-2007 21:52 edit | quote #100 | report |
Alex said sometime today or tomorrow, so i'd wait until tomorrow evening before asking that question

Oh, and this fellow's post

Gaius Octavius
01-10-2007 23:21 edit | quote #101 | report |

Let me just take this opportunity to say "thank you" to alexman and the programmers as whole for working on this. Though it's been delayed, it appears to be well worth it. This patch will do for BtS what BtS did for Civ 4.

I am very glad to see that the responses here have been so overwhelmingly positive. I was absolutely appalled at the immature and rude treatment of alexman on "that evil non-Greek site" and the flame war that quickly ensued. It only serves to reinforce my opinion of Apolyton as a place of greater intellect and deeper commitment to the game. Cheers.

Whatever!

Moderator Action: Warned! - Trolling
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Civilization Fanatics' Forums Statistics
Threads: 222,682, Posts: 5,840,368, Members: 127,216

Apolyton Civilization Site Forums

Registered Members: 92862
138087 threads and 4551127 posts in total

I think the statistics side with CFC on this one.

Oh please, hasn't there been enough damage done already? Do we really have to open the old "Apolyton/CFC site rivalry" can of worms again?

But they started it! :mischief:

Actually, the guy who's post was quoted is a respected member of both communities, so I'd even doubt that your "us vs. they" categorization is valid.

But anyway, it simply doesn't matter who "started it". If a fire breaks out, and all people look for the culprit instead of the fire extinguisher, then even if they *do* find some culprit in the end, the fire will still have caused far more damage than if anybody had tried to stop it instead.

Actually, the guy who's post was quoted is a respected member of both communities, so I'd even doubt that your "us vs. they" categorization is valid.

But anyway, it simply doesn't matter who "started it". If a fire breaks out, and all people look for the culprit instead of the fire extinguisher, then even if they *do* find some culprit in the end, the fire will still have caused far more damage than if anybody had tried to stop it instead.

I thought the :mischief: would give the idea it was a joke without having to actually say it, but apparently it didnt.

I suggest using the report post button when someone is trolling such as the post you quoted. It's the only way I have restrained myself from flaming certain posts in this thread already. :)

Thanks for the good advice.

Well, I quoted that post and sort of regretted it afterwards, I just saw it in passing, but maybe "you guys" won't stop. I guess that was just a bit beneath him to say about this forum then...greater intellect and all. OK, I don't exactly care.

My point. Perhaps take note of whom or what "camp", if you will, is doing the name calling, today it seems to be dwarves and lack of intellect and what is not in Alexman's contract and the like, and the list goes on and on.

like this misinformation:

I don't blame Alexman for deleting his post, not posting any comments or having hard feelings about what occurred in that thread. Many of those comments were unfair and too mean spirited. I commend Alexman for not fighting back, because I probably would have and what he says reflects not only himself, but on Firaxis.

He didn't fight back? Must we quote again?
He specifically said he was not representing Firaxis
and as to the reflection of it, no comment.

I'll try again to follow the peace motion.

My point. Perhaps take note of whom or what "camp", if you will, is doing the name calling,

I think it has become pretty obvious in the past discussions that both "camps" have their name-callers, as well as their group of people who use a more fact-oriented style of discussion instead. So I'm afraid I don't really get your point. But anyway, you said you sort of regretted your quote already, so let's not scratch the wound.

I think it has become pretty obvious in the past discussions that both "camps" have their name-callers, as well as their group of people who use a more fact-oriented style of discussion instead. So I'm afraid I don't really get your point. But anyway, you said you sort of regretted your quote already, so let's not scratch the wound.

Yes, you are right. I'm doing something I criticized before, speaking for more than myself. Point taken there.

Flaming is a problem (I didn't follow it much, was it that bad?). If it was indeed that bad, it's a good thing it was deleted.

However, talking about Firaxis and 2K's marketing and customer services strategies shouldn't be forbidden nor taboo.

Let's all hope the patch comes out this week.

Amen. I prefer a good patch to premature information any day.

As for the flame war, I will confess that I got a bit het up myself, but in retrospect, the whole thing was a riot. First the OP wants to tell us about all the cool things that will be in the upcoming patch, and everybody (including myself) is very grateful indeed. There was much drooling and rejoicing. Then nothing happens, and the troops start to get restive. Some grumpy comments are made, and some other debaters do their best to defend the OP. The OP apparently has no clue that since his post could very easily be construed as meaning that the patch would appear next week (which, incidentally, it probably meant, judging by a post of his at Apolyton), then negligence to inform the people reading the thread he started that certain complications had arisen could nourish negative feelings. In his blissful ignorance, he does not come back with information when complications do arise. Instead, he mentions it two weeks later in a different forum. Then a lot of posters feel badly done by, since no competent costumer relations department would ever act like that. The OP then becomes really annoyed because he has nothing to do with CR, so he first posts a couple of responses that act like petrol on a camp fire and then becomes so angry that he deletes the post that started the whole thread. By then, the posters to the thread have started to slaughter each other, neither side giving or asking for quarter. Oh my God. This one will be hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom