Which Civs/Nations do you want in the first Expansion for CivV?

lol :lol:

Edit:
You forgot the Ottomans, but their turks, so I guess you just left them out on purpose ;)

Instead of Oman, what about the Sultunate of Zanzibar? It could also work better as a city-state, especially since there are NO African city-states. Other African civ or city state suggestions I could see as interesting: The Mahdist Sudanese, the Ashante, the Dahomey.

Also, the UU for the Ethiopians should reference the Battle of Adowa somehow, and replace the rifleman or the cavalry. It was their effective resistance of Europeans that set them apart from their surroundings (though their victory inevitably led to Fascist Italy seeking vengeance 40 years later.)

Instead of Oman, what about the Sultunate of Zanzibar? It could also work better as a city-state, especially since there are NO African city-states. Other African civ or city state suggestions I could see as interesting: The Mahdist Sudanese, the Ashante, the Dahomey.

Great Zimbabwe?
and just for fun... Gogogogo

Fixed.

It's like combining all American and European countries under "the Christian West", but whatever.

I disagree. At best you could compare it to Romans representing all romance countries, but even that wouldn't be true, because Arabs still have common official language, and a conviction of being a single, Arab nation. Nothing like this exists in "Christian West", or even post-roman nations.

Celts, Huns, Portugal. Also some alternate leaders for some of the main civs would be nice (with different abilities).

Also:
-Implement Religion
-A method for city states to become holy cities that have the leaders of a religion and can influence civs who follow that religion.

I disagree. At best you could compare it to Romans representing all romance countries, but even that wouldn't be true, because Arabs still have common official language, and a conviction of being a single, Arab nation. Nothing like this exists in "Christian West", or even post-roman nations.

Disagree. Only some few arabs actually want this, and many countries, like Marocco, Egypt (mamluk egypt), persia (later, post-arab dynasties) were quite distinctive from each other.

That's my point

Disagree. Only some few arabs actually want this, and many countries, like Marocco, Egypt (mamluk egypt), persia (later, post-arab dynasties) were quite distinctive from each other.

That's my point

How is it so? We're talking about Arabs, not muslims. Mamluks were not Arabs, they were everything: Kipchak Turks, Circassians, Georgians, even Mongols, sultan Ladjin was, according to one article I know, polish, but they were not Arabs. What does it prove, anyway?

It's not "what Arabs actually want", but what they believe in. A citizen of Meklemburg in XIX century didn't have to be enthusiastic about unification of Germany. He could have spoken some lower-german dialect, but as long he wasn't member of neo-obodrite movement, he was German. arabic speakers denying being Arabs (like neo-Phenicians in Lebanon etc) are minority groups. Also, we're talking about some intersubjective mesurements as well: they have common culture to a big extent.

After what I know, the most who want this is more members of this organization or other quite alice, which BTW is banned in the arab world. But I'm really not in to discuss this now.

I'd be most obliged if you read my posts carefully.
I'm not talking about MUSLIMS, but ARABS.
Not about PANISLAMISM, but about PANARABISM / ARABISM

I'd wish you read mine too

You started this discussion, and (by this post) you continue it. You've written something incorrect and I feel it's my duty to respond to it not to allow others to have the same erroneous convictions.

Dear All,

This is my first post, and I would like to know what you think, please do not bash me, first of all, I am a gamer, love PC games, own consoles too. I am in my mid twenties and have a very high appreciation for the work Firaxis did with the game.

First of all, I was born in Europe and have a incredible interest in world history, I consider myself very fair and not judgmental, and I see there is a lot of emotions on the forums when it comes to new civilizations. My college education started in United States and ended with an advanced degree. I know that people who generally play Civilization series are usually well educated because they appreciate the game more than some other mindless shooters or racing games. I would like to start with the list of improvement desired, so the overall game would feel more balanced and interesting

This is a wish list, I hope you like my input. I put the desired Civilizations and improvements needed below.

New Civ Wish list for expansions:

- Poland or Poland-Lithuania or Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Reason: guess who stopped the Mongols in Europe in 13th century? Saved Vienna and Europe from Ottomans in 17th century? Saved Europe from Bolshevik invasion in 1920s? Let me guess, nobody knows that and some don't even care, how about battle of Grundwald (Tannenberg) in 1410 against Teutonic knights the biggest battle in Medieval history? Guess not marketed properly, but everybody knows of Battle of Hastings right?... Poland is the most under-appreciated civilization in the World that in the end couldn't save itself when it was crushed in WWII by Nazi Germany and Soviet Union's sneak attack, but nevertheless a survivor worthy of being represented in the game :king:

- Austria or Austria-Hungary (Mozart or Freud anyone? think of the cultural impact plus they were the bad guys in World War I allied with Germany and Ottomans)

- Spain (a major surprise that it wasn't in the vanilla game - don't need to comment, claro?)

- Vikings (or make them a sort of barbarian invasion event that influences everyone that might create diplomatic cooperation, after capturing some cities they could be an "emerging civilization", could add Huns, Visigoths or Vandals too)

- Sweden, If you decide to add Vikings as "barbarians". Swedish were always a worthy and technologically advanced foe to Russia, Poland and Western Europe

- Mayans

- Carthage (once a great civ all around southern Mediterranean) or Moors (the guys who conquered half the Spain and northern Africa)

- Zulus

- Incas

- Koreans (Tang Soo Do anyone?)

- Byzantines (People seem to forget about them too, Christianity wouldn't be the same without them, the evolution of the once great Roman Empire)

Improvements that would be nice to have:

- Add an option to exchange tiles with neighbors through diplomacy and relationship meter (the + and - since there is no "friendly" civilizations that I could trust as everybody attacks me sooner or later, even in history there were Allies and Axis forces, why can't I have a single friend?)
- Add one more unit or building to each civilization as some civilizations like the Ottomans have some weak initial ability (50% to get barbarian ships and gold? I mean other civs like Egypt get +20% to wonder production, or Rome gets +25% for buildings production if the capital has the same building already constructed... I don't see any balance there)
- It might be interesting to add a civ-only specific wonder, like you need to meet a certain requirement to build it whether you achieved military might (France - Arc de Triomph), Wealth (America - Wall Street), Growth (Rome - Aqueducts), Science (Songhai - University of Sankore), Culture (Greek - Pantheon) etc... you get the picture
- Some game defining wonders from the series such as Copernicus Observatory, Leonardo's Workshop are missing.
- Add random event's such as world disasters, earthquakes, flooding, pollution.:nuke:
- Make a Colony Option which emerges civilization puppets such as Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Australia who grant you a huge wealth boost and can rebel and act like an over-sized city state if they are unhappy - city revolt option - maybe one of the civics can help with that - colonialism (cities turned colonies produce 25% more wealth and generate half unhappiness, you can not control produce but you can buy units/buildings) - this is an idea
- Foreign trade routes anyone?
- Lastly, I would like to thank Firaxis for "at least" adding Warsaw as a city state (born there, now a true American) but it is about time, somebody reads a world history book and realizes Polish Commonwealth or Poland-Lithuania is worthy of a civilization, since even with the Empire: Total War game, it was a main faction on the 18th century arena and was also one of the biggest in Europe, and is still around since 900 AD. Poland is like this endless romantic survivor and it saddens me that Sid Meier's team never really took them in consideration for a true Civ at least in the previous expansions.

Before you critique these, please read up on world's history.

Total Americans who died in World War II - 420k
Total Polish Citizens who died in WW II including Polish Jews - 5 million 800k (16% of total population, the most resistance, the highest deaths next to China, Soviet Union and Nazi Germany)
Fourth Largest Troop Contribution to the Allied force in WW II

Thank you for reading. :)

Dear All,

This is my first post, and I would like to know what you think, please do not bash me, first of all, I am a gamer, love PC games, own consoles too. I am in my mid twenties and have a very high appreciation for the work Firaxis did with the game.

First of all, welcome to the forums :cheers:

First of all, I was born in Europe and have a incredible interest in world history, I consider myself very fair and not judgmental, and I see there is a lot of emotions on the forums when it comes to new civilizations. My college education started in United States and ended with an advanced degree. I know that people who generally play Civilization series are usually well educated because they appreciate the game more than some other mindless shooters or racing games. I would like to start with the list of improvement desired, so the overall game would feel more balanced and interesting

Not everyone have a long education (yet :p)

- Poland or Poland-Lithuania or Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Reason: guess who stopped the Mongols in Europe in 13th century? Saved Vienna and Europe from Ottomans in 17th century? Saved Europe from Bolshevik invasion in 1920s? Let me guess, nobody knows that and some don't even care, how about battle of Grundwald (Tannenberg) in 1410 against Teutonic knights the biggest battle in Medieval history? Guess not marketed properly, but everybody knows of Battle of Hastings right?... Poland is the most under-appreciated civilization in the World that in the end couldn't save itself when it was crushed in WWII by Nazi Germany and Soviet Union's sneak attack, but nevertheless a survivor worthy of being represented in the game :king:

Poland is long underrated by firaxis, and they should be in as simply Poland with Sobieski as leader (as that is the most known leader and what most people would link to Poland.

- Austria or Austria-Hungary (Mozart or Freud anyone? think of the cultural impact plus they were the bad guys in World War I allied with Germany and Ottomans)

Well... Austria wer great, but due to lack of space, I think we might consider these for a third expansion instead.

- Spain (a major surprise that it wasn't in the vanilla game - don't need to comment, claro?)

We all agree about that one :D

- Vikings (or make them a sort of barbarian invasion event that influences everyone that might create diplomatic cooperation, after capturing some cities they could be an "emerging civilization", could add Huns, Visigoths or Vandals too)

I hate to quarrel with you, but contridictary (correct me if i misspelled) to popular belief, the Norse as they should be called, were not that barbaric at all. They actually had an own tradition of washing every saturtday (Laugardagen, which the modern day word for saturday in norwegian derives from: Lørdag). They alse were huge on trade and colonization and a well-functioning system of ruling which in many ways worked better than the system of feudal europe. Basically, much of their wars were of conquest, and many times they settled in the lands. For excample: the Danelaw, Normandy in France, Norman Siciliy etc. Point is: the christian west left an image of them as barbaric warriors, while there were so much more about them than just these sides :)

- Sweden, If you decide to add Vikings as "barbarians". Swedish were always a worthy and technologically advanced foe to Russia, Poland and Western Europe

They were great, but I still think the Norse deserve the place more.

Everyone wants them in.

- Carthage (once a great civ all around southern Mediterranean) or Moors (the guys who conquered half the Spain and northern Africa)

Carthage will probably be firaxis choice, and I have to say mine too.

I agree.

-See mayans-

- Koreans (Tang Soo Do anyone?)

I think it is time for them to retire to give place to someone other (such as maybe Majapahit led by Gajah Mada)

- Byzantines (People seem to forget about them too, Christianity wouldn't be the same without them, the evolution of the once great Roman Empire)

See Austria. BTW, many people see this as more of a continuation of the Roman Empire, so much debate about that one. Second expansion I say.

Improvements that would be nice to have:

- Add an option to exchange tiles with neighbors through diplomacy and relationship meter (the + and - since there is no "friendly" civilizations that I could trust as everybody attacks me sooner or later, even in history there were Allies and Axis forces, why can't I have a single friend?)
- Add one more unit or building to each civilization as some civilizations like the Ottomans have some weak initial ability (50% to get barbarian ships and gold? I mean other civs like Egypt get +20% to wonder production, or Rome gets +25% for buildings production if the capital has the same building already constructed... I don't see any balance there)
- It might be interesting to add a civ-only specific wonder, like you need to meet a certain requirement to build it whether you achieved military might (France - Arc de Triomph), Wealth (America - Wall Street), Growth (Rome - Aqueducts), Science (Songhai - University of Sankore), Culture (Greek - Pantheon) etc... you get the picture
- Some game defining wonders from the series such as Copernicus Observatory, Leonardo's Workshop are missing.
- Add random event's such as world disasters, earthquakes, flooding, pollution.:nuke:
- Make a Colony Option which emerges civilization puppets such as Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Australia who grant you a huge wealth boost and can rebel and act like an over-sized city state if they are unhappy - city revolt option - maybe one of the civics can help with that - colonialism (cities turned colonies produce 25% more wealth and generate half unhappiness, you can not control produce but you can buy units/buildings) - this is an idea
- Foreign trade routes anyone?
- Lastly, I would like to thank Firaxis for "at least" adding Warsaw as a city state (born there, now a true American) but it is about time, somebody reads a world history book and realizes Polish Commonwealth or Poland-Lithuania is worthy of a civilization, since even with the Empire: Total War game, it was a main faction on the 18th century arena and was also one of the biggest in Europe, and is still around since 900 AD. Poland is like this endless romantic survivor and it saddens me that Sid Meier's team never really took them in consideration for a true Civ at least in the previous expansions.

Small tip, try to keep this in threads discussing it ;)

Anyway, nice to have a new member :goodjob:

Arabia, Songhai and Ottoman Turkey are the only Muslim states. Persia, and in some regards Egypt, Mongolia and India are the only states represented in Civ that included Muslim governments at points in their history (though never the LH's in game; Persia's Darius is Zoroastrian, Mongolia is lead by Shamanic Gengis Khan, and Egypt under Ramses is still a millennium before its conversion to christianity, let alone Islam). There are plenty of non-Arab Muslim states who could be in the game, like the Moors, Sokoto, Afghanistan, Malaysia, but I don't know if they want to include one in the next expac. It might be nice tho.

AS for the earlier suggestion of Oman; Oman IS an Arab country as well as a Muslim country, and doesn't need to be in the game. Same with Syria, Egypt and the rest of the Arabian peninsula. I think that's what vebear meant to say. But there are plenty of non-Arab Muslim states that would be good. I do wonder if Firaxis is considering one for the next game.

Also, I was thinking one interesting civ might be the Tibetans. They could have a Lama UU which replaces the artist, as the inverse of Mongolia's Khan.

Most of the suggestions were for civs from other games. Time for some new civs to make it in. Here a few suggestions:

1) Israel - King David / Soloman - I am not sure why this civ has never been added before. I guess it would be too contraversial? Israel was jast as important a player in the mid east as the other powers of the region and time. We have the Khmer and Songhai but we can't have Israel?

2) Inuit/Iroquois/Comanche- There are alot of Native American groups which haven't been brought up. The Native American civ was ok, but I think some of the tribes are deserving of their own civ.

3) Poland - Mieszko I

4) Romania (Transylvania) - Vlad Tsepesh (Vlad III)

5) The Crusader States (will never happen, I know) - Godfrey of Boulogne or Baldwin 1

1) Israel - King David / Soloman - I am not sure why this civ has never been added before. I guess it would be too contraversial? Israel was jast as important a player in the mid east as the other powers of the region and time. We have the Khmer and Songhai but we can't have Israel?

Never a mayor power... not even in the region.

2) Inuit/Iroquois/Comanche- There are alot of Native American groups which haven't been brought up. The Native American civ was ok, but I think some of the tribes are deserving of their own civ.

Iroquois are in already, and are honestly the only native-americans to deserve to be so (not counting Meso-Americans and Inca). This is because they actually DID create a confederacy of tribes which is what AFAIK is the closest any Native American tribe ever have been to an own nation.

3) Poland - Mieszko I

Polan are in our prefered list on the first page, but Sobieski is a more associated leader for Poland so we chose him instead.

4) Romania (Transylvania) - Vlad Tsepesh (Vlad III)

Will never happen... about the same chance of Firaxis addign the Huns

5) The Crusader States (will never happen, I know) - Godfrey of Boulogne or Baldwin 1

You said it ;)

Hope my style of writing did not in any way offend you. English is not my first language, so it might be hard for me to avoid that sometimes.

Edit:
BTW, I would reallt dig it if Firaxis added some Moorish civ (representating Morocco and the Cordoba Caliphate). There are lots of posibilities:
LH - Abd ar-Rahman I OR Abd ar-Rahman III OR Yaqub al-Mansur OR Yusuf ibn Tashfin etc. (many more posibilities)
UU - Black Guard (Rifleman)
UB - Kasbah OR Ksar

Top Bottom