Which language would you like to learn?

What language would you most like to learn?

• Spanish

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • French

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Italian

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • German

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Dutch

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Polish

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Russian

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Greek

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Latin

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • a Scandinavian language

• A Celtic language(in this case, traditional scottish, irish etc.)

• Mandarin

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Japanese

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Korean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shanghainese

• Cantonese

• Vietnamese

• Arabic

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Farsi/Persian

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hindu

• Hebrew

• Other Americas Dialect

• Other European Dialect

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other African Dialect

• Other Asian dialect

• Total voters
Where is English? :)

Well I will take French.

Tycoon, if you learn to speak Jewish, you;ll be screwed over in Israel, but do well in jewish parts of poland or certain ashkenazi areas of north america. only old people speak Jewish (Yiddish) either way. Hebrew is the way to go. ;)

Isn't Ivrit the right term?

Sergei, how much vodka did you drink?

I don't think you understand my point. For example, western slavic languages are similar to each other, like polish - slovak- czech etc. Same with southern and eastern slavic languages, but when you are comparing Polish to serbian to ukrainian it is world's different.

Learning French right now

Italian will be my next language

There is barely any jews left in Poland, almost all left to israel/north america, were killed or were taken by the soviets to siberia after WWII.

Jews in Poland? Isn't that like the unicorn or leprechaun?

I've learnt it, and believe me i've wasted 5 years of my life...

Sweetie, just be glad you have a cute face in your avatar to distract me. :rolleyes:

why yes it is. ivrit is hebrew in hebrew. like français is french in french.

jewish/yiddish is a completely separate language.

Yes, Yiddish is an Indo-European Germanic language, just like Ladino was an Indo-European Italic/Romance language. Both were written in Hebrew characters but the grammatical structure was more similar to German or Spanish. Whereas Hebrew is a Semitic language.

It's interesting, I was reading that Hebrew has SVO structure like English and there are no declensions and the sentence structure is very similar to English. Should make it easier to learn it once you've mastered the Alephbet. :p

No, I don't believe you. :p I like it.

Well, once you've learnt it, we can organize a roman party. What do you think?

Yes, Yiddish is an Indo-European Germanic language, just like Ladino was an Indo-European Italic/Romance language. Both were written in Hebrew characters but the grammatical structure was more similar to German or Spanish. Whereas Hebrew is a Semitic language.

It's interesting, I was reading that Hebrew has SVO structure like English and there are no declensions and the sentence structure is very similar to English. Should make it easier to learn it once you've mastered the Alephbet. :p

It made life SO much easier for me. :love:. unlike french, i could write out an essay in english then translate it if I was strapped for time. its great. :D Subject (1/10) verbs (pick a tense, and 1/7 forms) (et) object is amazing.

ahhh... currently learning Mandarin.
As far as really want to learn, maybe Latin, Sanskrit, another Chinese language or some sort of Gaelic.

Have previously had some experience with French, Korean and bits of Japanese & German. Oh, German would be ok, too.

French or Russian for sure. I chose French because it'll probably be more useful to me.
I have English down pat, and a good amount of German.

Italian. I've always considered learning it, and would certainly like to travel to Italy and be able to speak Italian, but elected for Russian this time around when I had a choice - a decision I have been happy with.

Top Bottom