Which language would you like to learn?

What language would you most like to learn?

• Spanish

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • French

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Italian

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • German

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Dutch

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Polish

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Russian

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Greek

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Latin

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • a Scandinavian language

• A Celtic language(in this case, traditional scottish, irish etc.)

• Mandarin

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Japanese

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Korean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shanghainese

• Cantonese

• Vietnamese

• Arabic

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Farsi/Persian

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hindu

• Hebrew

• Other Americas Dialect

• Other European Dialect

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other African Dialect

• Other Asian dialect

• Total voters
hur hur i am English I ain't need no learnin of other languages lol

hur hur i am English I ain't need no learnin of other languages lol

You speak BRITISH English and, since I'm a foreigner, I barely understand your accent and your stupid slang, so you better learn Catalan or Spanish so I can understand you.

This poll has "Shanghanese", Hebrew and Vietnamense, but no Portuguese. :nono:

I tell you, Portuguese is the Spanish of the civilized man.

:mad:

IT'S CATALAN!!

You speak BRITISH English and, since I'm a foreigner, I barely understand your accent and your stupid slang, so you better learn Catalan or Spanish so I can understand you.

hur hur, i speak english without any accent. we brits made english. there is no other english. you foreigners can barely understand me. lol

French for me, I already know bits of German and I'm half way fluent (if that exists) in Spanish. Problem is i've never been a quick learner in terms of language, college level French might be too hard to learn that fast. Idk. What is everyone's thoughts on taking a language course in college that you have no prior knowledge on?

I speak English and a little French, and studied some German years ago.

If I had time, I'd be interested in Russian (my grand grandmother was Russian), or Japanese if one day I go to the Aikikai.

I would choose turk/tatar/mongol. Living in the steppe is soo cool!!!

hur hur, i speak english without any accent. we brits made english. there is no other english. you foreigners can barely understand me. lol

Ok. There's no other English than BE. From now on I'll keep on learning that non-English language that's AE. Is way understandable and international, you know?

Russian.

Already have a decent handle on the Germanic and Latin language groups. Need to diversify and break into that huge Slavic world somehow.

Besides, Russia is damn cool, except for the bits that are bloody frightening. Still, all the more reason to go figure it out.:scan::)

Or I could take up the Japanese I left off some 15 years ago. Mebbe Chinese... There are so many... :(

Russian is a bad choice then. Russian is so much different from lets say polish or serbian. If you learn russian then try to talk to someone from another slavic language, you won't understand anything. Slavic isn't like Latin languages where when you can understand one, you can understand them all.

Jew. I want to speak fluent Jew. I will get a nice townhouse in Israel and speak the Jew.

Tycoon, if you learn to speak Jewish, you;ll be screwed over in Israel, but do well in jewish parts of poland or certain ashkenazi areas of north america. only old people speak Jewish (Yiddish) either way. Hebrew is the way to go. ;)

Tycoon, if you learn to speak Jewish, you;ll be screwed over in Israel, but do well in jewish parts of poland or certain ashkenazi areas of north america. only old people speak Jewish (Yiddish) either way. Hebrew is the way to go. ;)

There is barely any jews left in Poland, almost all left to israel/north america, were killed or were taken by the soviets to siberia after WWII.

Japanese. It interests me for some reason.

I only know English and Latin, but even though I had Japanese throughout elementary school () the only things I remember is how to say "sit down" and how to count to 5, and I probably mispronounce those. I'm not really interested to learn more though.

I have a lot of Korean friends to learning Hangul would make sense, but what I've heard of it doesn't really sound all that cool to me.

I tend to view romance languages as vastly inferior bastardized forms of Latin, and don't really have much of an interest in learning them. French spellings and pronunciations seem really stupid, and the cadence of Spanish gets really monotonous when spoken by native speakers and is just dreadful when spoken by those who don't speak it well. The only romance language I tend to could possibly be more beautiful than Latin and which I'd like to learn is the last flower of the Latin tongue, Portuguese. I wish its grammar was more Latin like though.

Finnish seems very interesting, with grammar that is more declined that Latin. I think I'd like to learn that.

I don't like modern English, but it seems the further back you go the more noble and flexible the language becomes. I'd like to learn Old English.

As I already know Latin, Greek seems like the natural next step. Hebrew would be good too, and maybe Arabic and Persian (both Farsi and the ancient versions).

I speak it fairly well, but not as well as I read or write since there isn't really any one with whom to converse in Latin. I have been told my pronunciation is impeccable. Most people mispronounce it pretty badly though, so understanding it when other speak is harder.

Hah, my first three choices aren't on there. I'd like to learn Esperanto, just to make other languages easier. I've in fact started learning it myself, in my spare time. As I have very little spare time, and am usually far too burnt out to actually study in it, this is not a very fast process.

After that, it's Portuguese and Bahasa, for their usefullness. The new woman is actually Indonesian, so I'm going to be learning that whether I want to or not, even if it is only the equivalent of; "Well, gee, that was quick and forgettable." Er, I mean; "Yes, yes, you are indeed the mightiest of men, Sharwood!"

Top Bottom