Votes: 92 39.0%
  • Large

Votes: 57 24.2%
  • Huge

Votes: 55 23.3%
  • A Giganta size Mod (please post)

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters
I prefer small maps because it cuts down on micromanagement, empires are carved out faster, you come up against the AI faster, and AI turn lengths are shorter later in the game. Also I find the small sized map to be reasonably big enough for all the things that are good about a larger map, such as having a fair area to explore, and room for as many as 8 civs.

As to game speed:
For single player its usually epic or marathon and occasionaly standard speed. If I am playing OCC I will go with standard or quick.

For multiplayer quick speed is necessary if you want to play it within a day or so. If I am playing a LAN game with friends I will not set a turn timer, but over the internet with folks I dont know I prefer a turn timer set to blazing to keep things moving.

Other settings I like: No technolgy brokering, Advisor pop-ups turned off, automated settlers do not build over existing improvements, permanent alliances, and the clock turned on so I am semi aware of the passing of hours! :crazyeye:

large cuz its the one my computer handles the best vs huge which starts lagging in the end. Plus vast expanses serve nothing.

I only ever play huge maps cos I like being able to snatch up as much land and as many resources as possible without having to fight too much. I think the map size will rule out any (or that many, at least) conquest or domination victories though...

Huge and Epic. I like room to spread, time to build a huge empire, and room to mount a significant Naval force.

Large. My PC slows down too much on huge maps in the late game, especially as I like Terra maps.

I equally do standard and large, which depends on the comp I'm using. I like to pack my maps with 16-18 civs so it slows down a lot. :(

For RPing reasons I tend to choose my map size and it's properties randomly.

I usually play huge maps. Favs are archapelgo, snaky continents and low sea level. Recenly discovered hemispheres and am really enjoying thaty one too.

Standard and Epic for me, on Prince.

Combination of Computer capability and length and complexity of game dictates this!

Huge usually, sometimes I use large or even standard. Difficulty: Warlord. I never adjust the time, always liked it on standard.

Top Bottom