• Romania

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Other: Please say which

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • We don't need any more nations

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see new nations as a way to balance the game, this should be done by adding units or military operations where/when the AI is doing poorly IMO.

Is there a possibility to make your allies falling under your command? Like when playing Italy to control German Forces?

Or any way to influence behavior of your allies? It's not so important for playing Allies, because you simply outnumber Axis, but when in an inferior position like Axis player you are pretty much left alone vs the whole world. So it would be nice to have any other option to win than to simply overrun your enemies. I'm missing some strategic detail. It would be more fun to coordinate attacks in some way. Some kind of cooperation mode.

It makes no sense to improve Axis units because they weren't that superior (see the Nazi-German tanks before V/VI). But i think you want the strategic advance of communication, coordination and mobility being displayed by pure combat strength, right?

Btw cooperation between France&UK in eastern France has improved, hasn't it? They are quite annoying for me as a Hitler-Player at the latest. When playing with scripted events of course it's easy to rush for Paris and instantly turn on UK though. Still could be more aggressive, especially naval units.

I want to suggest a totally new nation to add: Turkey!

To get a first impression of my reasons it should be enough to read wikipedia about the German relations to Turkey/Osman since WWI. The allies did some great efforts to keep Turkey neutral. If Hitler had success in dragging Turkey to war on Axis side they could have opened a new front in middle east and the south of USSR. Turkey had several reasons to enter war on Axis side (see WWI and bad feelings about USSR/France/UK).

Turkey is another actor in WWII that influenced a lot by doing nothing.

Ah, wish I had thought of that, I'll see if I can add it to the poll :D
Edit: Sorry, can't. Good idea anyway.

I just wanted to make sure we knew what we were getting into for each nation unit wise:
Finland:
We have a Infantry reskin, Bf-109G reskin, a P-36 reskin, and and T-26 reskin (I still think a Vickers Mk E reskin would be better IMO). I think we would need a Panzer IV Ausf G reskin, and once Fighter-Bombers are in, a Hawker Hurricane Mk 1 reskin. A M.S.406 reskin would also help

Poland:
We already have quite a bit of Poland, but we aren't done yet. A 25TP would be nice, and more planes are needed. I believe the poles had an attack aircraft called the PZL P23, but don't quote me on that. A PZL P.50 would be an upgrade unit from the P.11, and from there on out British units would be used.

The Netherlands:
Danrell has made most of these, after 1941~ British units would be adopted.

Canada:
Has a Ram II, a modified M4. British and American equipment needed for the rest.

Australia:
See above, but minus the Ram II.

Hungary:
Most of the units are already made, but a BF-109F and BF-109G needs to be made with a Hungarian skin.

Romania: Needs reskins for infantry, all three BF-109 models, Ju-87, He-111, SM-79, Panzer IVG, R-2(Panzer 35(t)), and R-35 and/or Panzer II. Also an IAR 80 would be nice, which could upgrade into an IAR 81, a fighter bomber.

Others:

Turkey:
I have no idea about this one :D

Slovakia:
Reskin of all three BF-109 models, Panzer 35(t) would work as a light tank, and Panzer 38(t) would be a medium though it was classified as a light). Could not find the Slovaks useing any bombers, but they did have a fighter bomber, the BF-109E-7B.

Winter feature would be nice but I wouldn't want to play Germany then.:)

I second that. But I would want to play Germany . . . just to say I did it. :D

I would love to see Canada, of course I am a bit prejudiced. Most people forget about us. Dieppe, Juno Beach, Holland, France, Italy. We didn't play a small role, but we also didn't play a huge role, either; and at the end of the war we had the 4th largest airforce and 3rd largest navy in the world.

I would be happy with just seeing British units named after us, and the independant Canadian city state gifting units to Britain. :D

G.

Is there a possibility to make your allies falling under your command? Like when playing Italy to control German Forces?
I had thought of that but rejected it has being not doable with Lua, but now with the DLL, maybe (aircraft in foreign cities is a start). You'll control completely your nation + all the units of your allies. I'd like to place a small flag icon above the units, near the promotion to reflect it nationality then :)

Or any way to influence behavior of your allies? It's not so important for playing Allies, because you simply outnumber Axis, but when in an inferior position like Axis player you are pretty much left alone vs the whole world. So it would be nice to have any other option to win than to simply overrun your enemies. I'm missing some strategic detail. It would be more fun to coordinate attacks in some way. Some kind of cooperation mode.
Maybe possible. Not planned in short/medium term development thus.

It makes no sense to improve Axis units because they weren't that superior (see the Nazi-German tanks before V/VI). But i think you want the strategic advance of communication, coordination and mobility being displayed by pure combat strength, right?
I was thinking of more units as "more panzer II at start", not more units as "Elephant and SturmTiger and nothing comparable for the allied" :)

Btw cooperation between France&UK in eastern France has improved, hasn't it? They are quite annoying for me as a Hitler-Player at the latest. When playing with scripted events of course it's easy to rush for Paris and instantly turn on UK though. Still could be more aggressive, especially naval units.
U.K. should send more reinforcement in France, yes.

I would love to see Canada, of course I am a bit prejudiced. Most people forget about us. Dieppe, Juno Beach, Holland, France, Italy. We didn't play a small role, but we also didn't play a huge role, either; and at the end of the war we had the 4th largest airforce and 3rd largest navy in the world.

I would be happy with just seeing British units named after us, and the independant Canadian city state gifting units to Britain. :D

G.

I hope that Canada (and Australia btw) could be added at some point, yes.

I hope that Canada (and Australia btw) could be added at some point, yes.

Now that I think about it though, Canada was under British command.

Now that I think about it though, Canada was under British command.

No, Canadian units operated along side allied troops, but they were not under allied command, they were used in conjunction, but they were not under British command. Its like saying Hungarian and Romanian units were under German command. Same for Australia.

So, it appears Finland or Romania is next up, correct?

As I said, it only depend on which nation get a complete set of material to be added in the game... Poland is another possibility because of a few units already in...

No, Canadian units operated along side allied troops, but they were not under allied command, they were used in conjunction, but they were not under British command. Its like saying Hungarian and Romanian units were under German command. Same for Australia.

So, it appears Finland or Romania is next up, correct?

Well don't I feel dumb. Especially being Canadian and well versed in the war.

Moderator Action: Moved the cavalry discussion to the suggestion thread :)

Well what I think he means is that the Canadians were "used" in conjunction with the British as opposed to having their own front. The British and the Americans were separate militarily (each having their own Army Groups), but were joined under SHAEF. In contrast, the Canadians were used (from what I've seen) much like the Poles or the Free French who had their own divisions (with a command structure there) but were ultimately being commanded (in a strategic sense) by the British. Not trying to take anything away from the contributions of the minor nations, but they did not operate independently in the same sense as the British or the Americans.

Sorry if that's jumbled, tl;dr is that it depends where you draw the line on "being commanded by." While they had their own divisions and command structure, in the end they were strategically commanded by the British and Americans (though they may have had input, not sure).

I would like to propose that Australia is added because it is a fairly large country that could have a major effect on the Pacific Theatre. Otherwise I think it's fine, and I don't even think Greece should be used for the Europe one.

And one question, what is a major advantage or even difference between keeping it a city state compared to making it a real nation.

I would like to propose that Australia is added because it is a fairly large country that could have a major effect on the Pacific Theatre. Otherwise I think it's fine, and I don't even think Greece should be used for the Europe one.

And one question, what is a major advantage or even difference between keeping it a city state compared to making it a real nation.

Greece was very important! First allied land victory, stood out for 6 months. Also, Greece is a strategic area, easy to attack Germany and Poland from there.
Australia did win at Kokoda with little to no help!

I personally think the smaller axis powers would need to be strengthened as city states or made full-fledged nations. Romania would be an interesting choice to play as.

I think the next nations to be included should be Sweden, Turkey, and Spain.

All remained Neutral, all had relatively strong militaries, and could be an interesting player choice (when to join, who to join).

Perhaps a compromise, minor axis can be full nations, and able to make some types of units, but not playable civs, not yet, anyway.

I think the number of countries we have is meets our needs, like someone else stated we need more depth. We should finish the unit list and remove all the bugs before we move on to adding additional unplanned content.

Top Bottom