• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Which World Spells are to weak?

Which World Spells are to weak?

• Amurites- Arcane Lacuna

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Balseraphs- Revelry

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Bannor- Rally

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Calabim- Rivers of Blood

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Clan of Embers- For the Horde

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Doviello- Wild Hunt

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Elohim- Sanctuary

• Grigori- Ardor

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Hippus- Warcry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infernal- Hyborems Whisper

• Khazad- Motherlode

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Kuriotates- Legends

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Lanun- Raging Seas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ljosalfar- March of the Trees

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Luchuirp- Gifts of Nantosuelta

• Malakim- Religious Fervor

• Mercurians- Divine Retribution

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Sheaim- Worldbreak

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Sidar- Into the Mist

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Svartalfar- Veil of Night

Votes: 11 12.6%

• Total voters

Kael

Deity
For this poll please mark the world spells that you think are to weak to justify their importance.

Khazad because it's just not impressive to me, in the early game its like getting a single gold hut, and in the later game it just doesn't match up to any others.

Bannor because its pretty much just a little boost during a crusade, and too specific. It has the perk of being like Sanctuary or March of Trees for a one time mega defense, but comes too late to protect against an early rush.

Svartalfar because in Always War games it has no effect, and in regular games its more often unit suicide unless you close your borders.

Edit added:
Balseraphs spell is definitely not weak, but its a bit plain for them.

Motherload gives only a small amount of gold per mine. If you are the Dwarfs either you should have that many times that much gold already or your empire isn't big enough to get you gold. For example, with 6 cities you should have at least 600 gold and if you are milking the vault you could have a much as 3000. If you have an average of five mines per city (and thats a high average, I think) you get 300 gold, or half of what you should have anyway.

Into the mist is pointless except in multilayer. The AI isn't smart enough to realize you're massing for an attack and even when your hidden you can't cross enemy land or stay there when you declare war. It's only practical use is if your whole army is wounded in enemy territory and needs to get out unattacked, and I'm not even sure if the AI can't just kill you on accident in that case.

As for Balseraphs, well there just isn't much too it, it's nice to have but compared to others, like march of the trees which can save you from certain defeat, it just doesn't cut it.

Yeah, definitely Motherlode. Doesn't really matter where you are in the game... it's useless. I've played about 3 games with the Khazad in Shadow, trying to exploit the spell as much as possible. It never made a dent in any of my plans. You can't even reliably get 100 gold from it until about turn 200, and then it's nothing.

I'm happy with the other spells. Just a little response to some of the others... Into the Mist is great for giving yourself virtually invincible workers. The only units that can actually attack them are ones that can see hidden. The rest aren't all too powerful or weak, except for March of the Trees. That's just mean.

I'm just amazed that anyone is able to participate in this poll and the one about the strongest World Spell.

I am still playing my first game and have seen, firsthand, a total of ONE World Spell. How can I compare it to any others?

OK, I am playing at Epic speed, but still, I wonder how you can use and compare so many World Spells at this juncture> :confused:

Why ask that? Let them vote.

I've started three games (didn't get very far in any for various reasons), and I feel I've seen enough of at least a few of the world spells to provide feedback.

I've used or seen used almost all of them now. Worldbreak seems so meh for having 100 armmagedeon count when I used it. I also permantly killed hyborem with it (immortal doesn't work when he dies to this or basiums spell), which probably hurt me more than helped.

I had to vote for Revelery, not so much as its the weakest(though it does pale in comparison to some spells), its just so bland.

I voted for the Bannor rally spell, becuase it seems to only help with a few battles and can only be done with a civic that i find weak.

Also the Khazad Mother Lode spell, becuase it adds a small amount of gold in comparison to what a Khazad player should typically have.

And the Mercurian Divine Retribution spell, becuase it seems to be too specific as it is overpowered when trying to fight the Infernals but now that the Mercurians can be summoned first it is incredibly underpowered if there not summoned. So this spell depends which civs are actually in the game which seems unfair.

I voted for the Bannor rally spell, becuase it seems to only help with a few battles and can only be done with a civic that i find weak.

Also the Khazad Mother Lode spell, becuase it adds a small amount of gold in comparison to what a Khazad player should typically have.

I havent played enough games to actually vote, but I disagree a little bit with the comments above:

I just built an empire just around that new worldspell. I agree that Rally is useless against an early rush and that it ist quite limited...but than, once you have researched Fanatism Rally just works great. I just DOUBLED my army strength and will eradicate alle enemies i one great crusade. :eek:

Spell works just fine and fits the flavour. :goodjob:

It could be considered, if the demagogs might be boosted a bit. I would love the idea to reduce their base strength to, say 3 or 4, and add the Pikeman-Mechanic from Age of Ice, to join units to get a boost of 1 point of strength. (perhaps to maximum of 6-8). You could even remove the ability to use metal weapons (and raise their strength again), to give them an edge even if you lack metal (kind of an rubberband idea) That way the player can choose if he wants an endless army of suicide troops or if he wants less, but stronger troops.

Motherlode fits perfect for an already strong civ. I agree, that it might not be overly useful and doesnt have that much impact as say Raging Seas, but it definitely helps to bolster the Khazads treasury...I think the power of this worldspell is ok...

I still havent found out useful situations for the worldspell of the sidar...perhaps multiplayer surprises?!

I have not voted yet because i have not seen all the spells but i agree with Sureshot that Svartalfar world spell should be done diffrently it's a double edged knife as it is now

Calabim, because losing 2 population is usually not a big deal. And Balseraphs, because it's just too plain. I'd suggest something to do with chaos mana for Balseraphs, they should have some sort of affinity with it (freaks just give me less use for it).

Calabim, because losing 2 population is usually not a big deal. And Balseraphs, because it's just too plain. I'd suggest something to do with chaos mana for Balseraphs, they should have some sort of affinity with it (freaks just give me less use for it).

i disagree, the Calabim spell makes all opposition lose 2 pop in all cities so overall it can be a good effect especially on newer cities,
However its real strength lies in getting an extra 2 pop in all of your cities so you can increase the experience of your vampires...

i disagree, the Calabim spell makes all opposition lose 2 pop in all cities so overall it can be a good effect especially on newer cities,
However its real strength lies in getting an extra 2 pop in all of your cities so you can increase the experience of your vampires...
I understand that, but I think that it should have more of a negative effect on others.

I voted svartalfar, khazad and amurites. Svartalfar because it's useless in multiplayer, and more often than not leads to friendly civs attacking all your units. Hidden nationality just isn't that useful a thing to have in the end.

Khazad for obvious reasons. It really doesn't give much at all. Maybe change it to like, 5% chance of finding a resource in each worked mine for 1 turn.

Amurites because, simply put, it's too finicky and requires too much micromanagement. Also, mana nodes are never particularly common and so there really isn't much benefit. It's ok for getting the tower of mastery I guess , but i'd prefer just some kind of extra mana node type effect if that was the original reason for the reverting of the nodes.

I think Sidar is pretty weak because apparently Hidden doesn't give you the ability to enter rival territory, making it kind of pointless, IMHO. I think it would be okay and better suited to the Sidar if they could use their world spell more than once per game. Maybe unlimited, maybe once every 20 turns, maybe 5 times per game... something like that.

I think 24 turns of golden age is quite powerful, but not too powerful. I love the updates to the Golden Ages in BTS, no anarchy, +100% GPP, and only needing one GP for the first Golden Age.

Just an idea for the Motherlode spell -

Have all mines produce one additional commerce once the spell is cast and then give each mine a chance to lose the extra commerce similar to the way hippus units lose their Warcry promotion over time. In tandem, give all active mines a one time check when the spell is cast to spawn bonus resources at a greater than usual chance.

Top Bottom