1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by BSmith1068, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Hey guys, do you want to join a cool NES and struggle for supremacy in a classic tale of fallen empires and political intrigue? Yes, yes, you do. It's terrance's thing! Sign up for it.

2. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Hi Kol! We're still around, and NESes are still about, albeit many are running slowly. #nes, our chatroom, is still very active with worldbuilding talk and roleplaying stuff, please drop in and hang out if you'd like! :)

On a totally different note, I did some worldbuilding writing for my RPG campaign, and thought you guys might like this excerpt.

“There is a myth that a Constructor, GNGRNN, gave to a STARGOD a seed. The STARGOD took this seed and became pregnant, then perished, its mind and body consumed by its offspring. Thus, the DEADGOD gave birth to the GODCHILD, which bore all powers of both kinds. The GODCHILD in turn begat a child with a Constructor, SHGTY, and yea, this GODCHILDCHILD was born, and it was YTHVS named RG, and all who saw it knew that they looked upon their master.”

3. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

Iggy, are there references here that I'm missing??

PS happy election day, my USAmerican friends!

[Insert witty joke about making NES great again]

4. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

It is an excerpt from something that is either a holy book or a very old account from a setting I made for a group of friends with whom I play Pathfinder. So far the party has no idea if it is true or not.

5. Daftpanzer

President Paul could've been in his 2nd term right now. Think about that.

6. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Daftpanzer and erez87 like this.
  7. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

On the contrary. The prophecy has existed right before our eyes for decades, we were simply too blind to see it. I was too blind to see it.

The Golden Arches, universal sign of American cultural dominance. Two arches, standing side by side, colored gold, the ancient symbol of wealth. But what represents these two peaks? Look to the man in gold and red, bringer of wealth and war: Ronald McDonald. The Clown. The Fool.

Therein lies the final clue to the prophecy, to the two titans standing alongside who would, in the sign of the golden M, Make America Great Again. Look again to the symbol of the fool, bearing red and gold. The first an actor, the second an actor. Both Ronald and Donald were mocked and derided by the Pharisees of the age as unserious fools. Both destroyed their detractors and came to reign.

Ronald, the initiator, and Donald, the restorer. The fool, the clown, who came to rule the world. The prophecy was before us the whole time.

And the prophecy is true.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Daftpanzer and JohannaK like this.
  8. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Ia! Ia! Domhnalljeh! The Golden Trump of the Lands with a Thousand Businesses!

Daftpanzer and JohannaK like this.
  9. ork75

ork75 Chieftain

Hailed be he, of the golden crown and orange skin and great gusts of madness!

JohannaK likes this.
  10. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

I have started a new game, if by happenstance anyone here is interested

Daftpanzer likes this.
  11. Daftpanzer

12. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Daftpanzer likes this.
  13. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

Can't think when I can AUDIT THE FED!!!!

14. Daftpanzer

Seriously though, I like the look of your game, especially the map! Looks like an interesting setting. Franco-British Union for the win :D

I just wish I had time for anything right now :( (he said, after playing Civ 3 for several hours last night)

15. Daftpanzer

It's gone way beyond that now... We need to audit humanity itself. [cue dramatic music]

16. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Neo-Nazis meeting in D.C. and giving each other Hitler salutes, shouting, "heil" and all that good stuff. I hope this is getting you guys hard. People are going to suffer and die in the millions.

17. Daftpanzer

I've recently been playing my old Civilization III 'Celtic Peacekeepers' game, which I started in 2004, where now basically all of the world is fascist including the USA. It wasn't supposed to be a prediction!!!

In other news, I've finally purchased Starcraft II, which is currently downloading as we currently speak, I'm up for some co-op gaming if anyone is interested :)

The world's going to poop, so we might as well get drunk and play computer games.

thomas.berubeg likes this.
  18. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Hot diggity Daftpanzer, which expansion of SC2 do you have? I'd love to play a game with you, I'm not sure if they finally got rid of the stupid region locking.

19. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

PSA - Those of you who have expressed interest in terrance's NES, go fill out his short template!

I've been working with him on the ruleset and I'm confident it's going to be very fun.

Also, I'm still working on my NES. The map ended up being a lot more difficult than I expected...I've been pretty unhappy with it (outside the cradle) and I've gone through a few drafts to get it to where I want. But I am finally almost there in quality. So there is still an update coming.

thomas.berubeg likes this.
  20. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

Sorry for disappearing for so long you guys. College has been very time consuming, but I'm coming down the home-stretch of this semester. I also don't know how much of my time will be gobbled up by student teaching once I start that, but I'll try to make time for some good ol NESin' ;)

Also what the heck happened why can I like post know I don't like change

Daftpanzer likes this.