• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Who-1 A new era has begun!

Chieftess said:
"First post!!!" posts/threads are overrated. :p

Easy for you to say, you just close 'em. :D :joke:

Perhaps I could join, if there are any free spots.

Formula51 are you a young idiot? Who-2 for you. :D I will open another thread

Nah, I'm just a plain and simple (leafs believing) idiot. :D

I think the best way to do this is split up into two groups. The first to say they got the game and can play it will be in Who-1 then Who-2 will follow. Make sense? Hopefully it's delivered today!!! :dance:

Not a signup, but as a recent member of the Idiot Academy, I'd like to be a lurker in both games. My copy should arrive by Thursday. What better way to learn than to follow my favorite idiots muddle their way through games in which they don't know what they're doing. :p

So I'm in second one? That's ok, I'm from Europe, and really unsure about when I'll get the game.

Start the thread, so we can discuss things, and generate some starts.

I have tears in my eyes while typing this ...

Edit: And here is my battle drum:

I think the best way to run this will be to get 5 or 6 for game 1 for those who get it first then the 2nd group will be the stragglers. So no set lineup yet. Nice drummer boy there Pentium. It brought a tear to my eye too.

Gram explain to me again why you are not participating? Civ3 is just that....Civ3. :rolleyes:

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway ...
Whomp said:
This game is reserved for any of the academy members or Grumpy Old men who are interested.
I assume that academy members is anyone with an article posted in the War Academy. But, Grumpy Old men? Is that a reference to the movie or something? Do you have to be as old as Jack Lemmon or just know who he was and like his movies?

Conroe said:
This is probably a stupid question, but here goes anyway ...

I assume that academy members is anyone with an article posted in the War Academy. But, Grumpy Old men? Is that a reference to the movie or something? Do you have to be as old as Jack Lemmon or just know who he was and like his movies?
:rotfl:
That's good Conroe. We wish. The academy consists of a bunch of idiots. Think of it as a cultural thing.

Most of us cut our Civ3 teeth learning from some of the Grumpy Old Men (read Magnificent 7+1 in the Civ3 SG forum or any of Handy900's All War games and you'll see the Grumpy's)
Us idiots also learned by reading the SG's from the LOTR, LK and RBC series of games because these are simply the best players around.

The bottom line is us idiots are having a blast playing this game we love so much. Go look in the SGOTM Civ3 forum for Team Wooden Spoon or the Multi-team Demogame Team K.I.S.S. roster (in my signature) and you'll see some of the band of idiots and Grumpy old dudes we hang out with)

If you see this in someone's signature .
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

It's highly probable they're either at the idiot academy or a grumpy old man.

Nice avatar Whomp. White Sox suck. :D ;) Personally, I'm more into hockey.

Will you start the 'straggler' thread soon? I should have Civ4 by tomorrow

@ conroe - most of the idiots from the academy follow the guiding principle - one is not a complete idiot until all the required parts have been found and installed. Personally, I've got 98 or 99% of the parts, but Igor keeps trading parts for dates. :crazyeye:

BTW, everyone does know about whomp and the envelopes full of cash that go to the umpires?

formula51 said:
Will you start the 'straggler' thread soon? I should have Civ4 by tomorrow
sounds like you won't need a 2nd thread. Most of the people that have signed up won't get it til the weekend.

mine didn't come today as expected. Now I'm off to figure out why :devil:

EDIT::: IT didn't ship until today (well yesterday since it's 2 am now) My Estimated delivery - Oct 26, 2005 3:00 PM

Pentium said:
Edit: DaveShack, aren't you playing against the GOM/Idiots in MTDG? Whomp might let you in if you'll be our spy. :D

Well, perhaps it goes both ways. :mischief: Also I've gotta KISS up to someone just in case the Doughnuts get fried. :lol:

With sadness in my heart after speaking with Amazon here's my new delivery info. What to do, what to do.... :cry:
Shipping estimate: October 28, 2005 - October 31, 2005
Delivery estimate: October 31, 2005 - November 1, 2005

They dropped the charge for next day delivery at least. BTW I've asked Sirian or Sullla drop in and comment on some thoughts behind level, VC and what civs might be good to start with. Sullla's thread and website is a must read methinks for those who have not seen it.
Go to the beginning for his website.
Sullla's thread

that sucks that they couldn't just drop ship it directly from Take2 or whereever the distributers were

too bad, back atleast you HAVE an ETA.
mine is, "well, it was released yesterday in the US, i should, hopefully, be here in about 5 days. or maybe 10?" they dont really know, and with customs here "efficient" asthey usually are, im just holding my breath waiting.

*go and sacrifice a lamb to the RNGods, to facilitate a fast delivery.

Well, Wal*Mart didn't have it today (not that I expected them too...but I figured I'd check). They'll probably have it tomorrow, though.

I think I'm going to stay away from all Civ4 forums until after I play my first game. My favorite Civ3 game is still my very first, when I had no idea what I was doing! :D I'm hoping to recreate that as close as possible in Civ4.

So, this is adios for now, guys!

found this in the civ4 stories page, i suggest you take a look.
Sulla's Walkthrough game for CIV4.
its got loads of pics, and is a step by step affair.
perfect for a bunch of idiots :D
he should update it daily, so within a week he has finished a full game.

Top Bottom