• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Who-2 Keith goes to the Moon.

Will Freedom of Religion give us any benefit? I usually avoid it, preferring to stick with Org Rel for the +25% to buildings.

eldar said:
Will Freedom of Religion give us any benefit? I usually avoid it, preferring to stick with Org Rel for the +25% to buildings.
Normally I stick with OR, too, but in this game, I think we could get a third civ friendly towards us (Mansa Musa, and Cyrus and Roosevelt already are), and it's much cheaper than OR.

But the +25% is great too, but expensive. Not that we really need the money, though. We're running 80% now, and 90% we're at -16 gpt, IIRC.

Why do we need Civs to be friendly with us - we just want them to trade with us. Sure if we were thinking of a UN win we'd go with Free Religion for the relationship boosts.

I think we also want friends to help create a dogpile. We have the advantage isolation and it would be helpful to slow them down so we can focus on our spaceship path.
How likely is it that we go to space? UN seems highly probable VC with all of our friends but space is my preference. What does everyone else think?

panda boy said:
How likely is it that we go to space? UN seems highly probable VC with all of our friends but space is my preference. What does everyone else think?
space. the final frontier. a place where no man has gone before....
but can we do it?
i think were about even on our chances.

We seem to have lost track in this game. SW asked for a skip. Eldar can you pick up if SW can't? I will pick up if not.
Eldar -
Whomp -
Pliskenator -
The Grumpy Old Monk -
Soul Jive -

Okay, I'll see about getting this moving again tonight. For some reason I've been going back to some old RPGs of late (FFX, Torment), not as much Civ as usual....

Heh. So I started playing a solo game instead. Guess who didn't get to bed until 3.30am....

Another quiet set. We have Rocketry, but I've not kicked off Apollo yet. We need to get a city up to speed with plenty of :hammer: The IW city will probably be the one, but it needed a health kick before I let the big ol' unhealthy factory finish up.

Turn 275 (1810 AD)
Guangzhou begins: University
Xian begins: Market
Chengdu begins: Grocer
Macau begins: Harbor
User comment: I re-assigned quite a few builds, and stagnated some cities' growth, for health reasons. In particular - the Iron Works would've added +2 unhealthy points to its city, which was already at its health limit. We need to get Oxford Uni built ASAP as well.
Tianjin finishes: Theatre
Macau grows: 7

Turn 276 (1812 AD)
Tianjin begins: Observatory
Johannes Kepler (Great Scientist) born in Guangzhou

Turn 277 (1814 AD)
Shanghai finishes: Confucian Missionary

Turn 278 (1816 AD)
Shanghai begins: Grocer
Nanjing finishes: Academy
Tech learned: Rocketry
Nanjing finishes: Aqueduct
Xian finishes: Market

Turn 279 (1818 AD)
Tech learned: Railroad
Research begun: Refrigeration
Nanjing begins: Oxford University
Nanjing grows: 13
Kaifeng finishes: Courthouse
User Comment: Why does the logger keep losing my notes? Swapped Rockets for Rails with Mansa, and Workers are now getting set to Automate Trade Network (all that's left is to build rails and hook up new resources, really).

Turn 280 (1820 AD)
Confucianism has spread: Kaifeng
Kaifeng begins: Harbor
Beijing finishes: Broadway
Macau finishes: Harbor

Turn 281 (1822 AD)
Beijing begins: Wall Street
User comment: Revolt to Free Speech. +2 coin per Town? Sho' me da money! SHO' ME DA MONEY!!

Turn 282 (1824 AD)
Chengdu grows: 10
Macau finishes: Caravel

Turn 283 (1826 AD)
Macau begins: Observatory
Beijing's borders expand
Shanghai finishes: Grocer
Chengdu finishes: Grocer
Hangzhou finishes: Aqueduct

Turn 284 (1828 AD)
Shanghai begins: SAM Infantry
Hangzhou begins: Harbor
Chengdu begins: Cavalry
Tech learned: Refrigeration
Nanjing grows: 14
Chengdu's borders expand
Shandong's borders expand
Shandong finishes: Courthouse

Turn 285 (1830 AD)
Research begun: Medicine
Shandong begins: Harbor
Beijing begins: Supermarket
Shanghai begins: Supermarket
Guangzhou begins: Supermarket
Nanjing begins: Grocer
Nanjing begins: Supermarket
Xian begins: Supermarket
Xian begins: Supermarket
Tech learned: Combustion
User comment: Hmm, the logger lost my monologue about swapping Refrigeration for Combustion and some coin from FDR. We get +4 health per Supermarket, so I dialled some in right away.
User comment: Medicine next, for Hospitals and yet another health boost. +7 health in two techs. Can't complain.
User comment: Build a windmill on the tundra hill S,SE from Nanjing, and work that hill instead of one of the coast tiles.

Sorry everyone. It's me and I will play it tomorrow.

----------------------------New entries----------------------------
Turn 285 (1830 AD)
Whomp: Rearrange all our deals. Try to limit happiness and health for Bismarck and Roosevelt but give these to the others. Bismarck gets marble now. Get all the things we had back. Cows, dyes and wines and increase gpt from 30gpt to 44gpt.
Tianjin grows: 5

Turn 286 (1832 AD)

Turn 287 (1834 AD)
Kaifeng's borders expand
Kaifeng finishes: Harbor

Turn 288 (1836 AD)
Kaifeng begins: Observatory
Guangzhou finishes: University
Hangzhou grows: 12

Turn 289 (1838 AD)
Tech learned: Medicine
Beijing finishes: Supermarket
Xian finishes: Supermarket
Tianjin finishes: Observatory
Shandong finishes: Harbor

Turn 290 (1840 AD)
Research begun: Radio
Tianjin begins: Confucian Missionary
Shandong begins: Artillery

Turn 291 (1842 AD)
Tianjin begins: Barracks
Shanghai begins: Drydock
Guangzhou begins: Drydock
Guangzhou finishes: Drydock
Xian grows: 12
Xian finishes: Ironworks
Chengdu finishes: Cavalry
Hangzhou finishes: Harbor

Turn 292 (1844 AD)
Guangzhou begins: Transport
Chengdu begins: Artillery
Hangzhou begins: Barracks
Hangzhou begins: Courthouse
Whomp: Assembly Line is available but the deals don't work since we'd have to give up 4000 beakers to Mansa.
Guangzhou grows: 14
Nanjing finishes: Oxford University

Turn 293 (1846 AD)
Nanjing begins: SAM Infantry
Whomp: Nanking and Hangzhou need to be force fed food every turn. :(

Turn 294 (1848 AD)

Turn 295 (1850 AD)
Shanghai finishes: Drydock
Tianjin finishes: Barracks
Macau finishes: Observatory

Turn 296 (1852 AD)
Tianjin begins: SAM Infantry
Macau begins: Barracks

Summary
I tried keeping food as a focus since we are seriously healthy with environmentalism. Supermarkets aren't necessary and we can focus on more military and get the spaceship ready. Radio will give us the option of heading towards UN build which I think we could have a shot at. I don't know what to do about arranging tiles at Nanking and Hangzhou. They both have deer and sheep but default to coastal tiles. Also workers were automated before I got it and didn't know how to turn that off either. We have oil to connect and I've got two workers on it but the next player should turn off the automation. I'm not sure how though I did take a number of builds out of the queue. I also took one extra turn...oops.

Here's our current state of affairs.

Re: Worker automation. I set them all to automate to trade routes - they will connect up new resources, and build railroads, which is all there is left to do. Hence the automation.

No probs Eldar I just wasn't aware what was happening. I peeled one off to help finish a oil well.

Top Bottom