Who are the Great People?

All the great engineers are anagrams of muppet names, IIRC.
It looks like you are correct, sir. These are the ones I found:

Milana = Animal
Zoot Ghent Gear = The Great Gonzo
Ethel Agames = Sam the Eagle

Xienwolf, if you want to keep the Muppet theme for the Great Engineers, this makes it easy since appropriate quotes can be found by looking up the characters (once the rest of the anagrams are deciphered).

Zoot Ghent Gear: A male of an unknown species. Known facts: Likes flamboyant devices. Romantically involved with a chicken.

Quote: "I shall now defuse this highly explosive bomb while simultaneously, and at the same time, reciting from the works of Percy Bysshe Shelley".

Ethel Agames: Male Avian Overlord. Known facts: Pompous. Naked under his feathers.

Quote: Why, did you know that underneath their clothing the entire population of the world is walking around completely naked? Is that disgusting? And it's not just people, although goodness knows that's bad enough. Animals too, even cute little doggies and . .. .. .. .. . cats, can't be trusted. Underneath their fur - absolutely naked! And it's not just the quadrupeds either. Birds too - yes, beneath our fine feathers, birds wear nothing! Nothing at all. Abs... oh m... could someone, hand me a robe?

Milana: Male Known facts: Loud, dangerously uncontrolled. Likes beating on things.

Quote: Milana! Milana! Milana!

The name "Scion of Heaven" sounds like it belongs to a Luonnatar to me. It implies the existence of a single Heaven (ie the "true" Heaven of the One).

Bareke- Beaker: Male/Dwarven - Luchuirp "Meep meep meep meep"
Hoyden Drew- Dr. Honeydew: Male/Dwarven Luchuirp "Think of the safety. Think of the sense of well-being. And, at last, your family can be protected from the heartbreak of gorilla invasion."

if you look in the trivia thread all of the muppets are listed

Short list from WIki:

Already Done:
Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo the Great, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker, Sam the Eagle, Animal

Missing:
Miss Piggy, Janice, Scooter, Sweetums and Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem.

Not Possible (Missing key Letters):
Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Pepe the King Prawn, Johnny Fiama, Rowlf the Dog, Scooter, the Swedish Chef, Rizzo the Rat

Not much luck so far on the rest using an anagram creator online

The #20 Adventurer name, Bakabushi, is Japanese which roughly translates to "Idiot Warrior".

I'm thinking Balseraph wanderer known as much for his clowning as his adventuring.

"I'm only laughing on the outside / My smile is just skin deep / If you could see inside I'm really crying / You might join me for a weep."
-- Nicholson as The Joker

just stumbled upon this thread... cool idea xienwolf :)
hope you will complete it soon :)

I went through a few of the links Kael gave and snagged random images. FAR easier to find Commanders than anything else.... And next time I do this I need to keep a list of the Civilizations next to me, I was realizing that I am probably forgetting a few of them, and heavily type-casting the few I could remember. So I need people to give their own ideas for what gender/race/Civ some of these names may come from (and if you happen to have some art you'd like for it, that's even better!)

I figure once some pictures are snagged some quotes will follow fairly easily after that. Though going the other way around might prove more interesting in the end.

Dain the Cytherean

Somehow I have never seen this great person. What exactly is a cytherean?:confused:

P.S. : I hope they are worshipers of me.:lol:

This might have been mentioned and I just missed it, but Goodreau was know as Tamur the Merchant as a Bannor.

Top Bottom