Who are the Great People?

Kael just took the minor leader name from the adventurer list. Same with all other minor leaders.

That shouldn't prevent all the speculation, of course. ;)

Which other minor leaders are Adventurers?

Adventurers, no, but Great People, yes. Thessalonica, Tethira, etc.

I made up a lore reason if anyone is interested: she was the central part of the plot conspired by Svartalfars who were fed up with the war. It consisted in the assassination of Faeryl Viconia. Volanna was the voluntary assassin and succeeded. Afterwards, the Svartalfars were kicked out of the Ljosalfar lands with a 'thanks but you're bastards'. Instead of staying with their new leader, Volanna chose to go somewhere else and eventually become a Grigori adventurer.

I would prefer to think of her to have been frustrated at how well wrapped up Faeryl has Svart politics that she decides to leave - thinking of it as her own decision - when in reality Faeryl has, through indirect contacts, manipulated her to leave - and even implanted thoughts of the the Grigori. This has the double benefit of removing a potential threat to Faeryl's authority within the Svart court, but also a useful tool if Volanna should make her presence felt in the Grigori court. Faeryl having extreme confidence that she would be just as able to entice Volanna back to her service (whether or not Volanna would know it)

Indeed....I'd say that there could well have been a failed assasination attempt - but Faeryl would have instigated it herself in order to force Volanna's exit...

Top Bottom