Who Are You Picking To Win The Superbowl?

Who Are You Picking To Win The Superbowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As long as both teams exhibit good sportsmanship, I'll think they're both winners, whatever the score might happen to be.

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to be happy.

Ooops, I made a little edit before your post, ctd. Thought of a way to make my post even lamer, on the Sommerswerd scale for sports picks lameness.

The one to which ctd responded read "As long as they both exhibit good sportsmanship, I'll be happy."

Last edited:
You can get really good odds in Vegas if you will take "Patriots exhibit good sportsmanship." I'd call that one of the biggest long shots on the day.

The retort that I thought of to my own initial joke was similar: "so you're goin' with the Eagles, then."

But, of course, making witty retorts to my own witticisms would be in bad form.

"good sportsmanship" is subjective. Unless you mean a patriot player getting flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The retort that I thought of to my own initial joke was similar: "so you're goin' with the Eagles, then."
Hahahahahaha... so I take it you've never been to an actual sporting event in Philly, yes?

Hint: Philly fans are legendary for their bad sportsmanship... They're artists at it really...

Hahahahahaha... so I take it you've never been to an actual sporting event in Philly, yes?

Hint: Philly fans are legendary for their bad sportsmanship... They're artists at it really...

FANS aren't the same thing as the TEAM.

Judging by the colors of uniforms that looks like Steelers vs Seahawks. And since that Super Bowl was definitely fixed anyway, it might as well have ended like that.

So I guess they fixed it for the Eagles. At least they did a wonderful job of making it interesting.

So the Eagles winning means the Democrats will win big later this year in the midterm elections. :)

So I guess they fixed it for the Eagles. At least they did a wonderful job of making it interesting.
Wan't it obvious?:p I mean my wife (who knows zilch about football) commented that it seemed like "they" (meaning the NFL I guess) were tired of the Patriots winning and decided to just give the Eagles the TD catch calls...

Just keep in mind that this is a person who knows nothing about football... and this was essentially her hot-take.

TBH, inasmuch as I wanted NE to win... I think Philly earned/deserved it. They played to win all game... instead of playing not to lose once they had a lead... going for it on 4th down with a trick play instead of taking the easy FG... that is what separated them from ATL. :hatsoff:

All I hope is that this heralds a 49er dynasty, like the 85' Pats loss did.

Wan't it obvious?:p I mean my wife (who knows zilch about football) commented that it seemed like "they" (meaning the NFL I guess) were tired of the Patriots winning and decided to just give the Eagles the TD catch calls...

Just keep in mind that this is a person who knows nothing about football... and this was essentially her hot-take.

TBH, inasmuch as I wanted NE to win... I think Philly earned/deserved it. They played to win all game... instead of playing not to lose once they had a lead... going for it on 4th down with a trick play instead of taking the easy FG... that is what separated them from ATL. :hatsoff:

All I hope is that this heralds a 49er dynasty, like the 85' Pats loss did.

I was surprised when the Eagles got the call on the first TD. No doubt it was a "not clear enough to overturn," but it was certainly squishy and the Patriots generally get 90% of squishy calls. The second one was a lock. Made the catch, took three steps turning for the goal line. He wasn't going to the ground making the catch, he went to the ground because while running with the ball he got his legs taken out by a tackler. But overall there were the usual half dozen "well, he plays for the Patriots so no that wasn't pass interference" no calls, so you should perhaps explain to your wife that there isn't really any indication that the league is tired of handing trophies to them.

The pats lost a game all the experts said they were “supposed” to win, Tom Brady is entering uncharted territory in terms of age for a qb (with no more viable backups) and they’re also losing their offensive and defensive coordinators. To top it off the Jets and/or Bills have a realistic shot of finally having their own franchise QB in this QB heavy draft/free agency so I don’t think things are going to be quite the same anymore.

Eagles, as they currently stand, have a shot at becoming repeat champs. They managed to do all this without some important people, especially including Carson Wentz.

They played to win all game... instead of playing not to lose once they had a lead... going for it on 4th down with a trick play instead of taking the easy FG... that is what separated them from ATL. :hatsoff:

That pretty much sums it up. But to underscore the point, after the game Pederson
said during his presser that "I knew a field goal wasn't going to be enough"

Top Bottom