Who do you hate most?

I agree. Monty is the most annoying. Ever other AI seems to have certain characterstics you can count on. Monty, however, just seems crazy with no rhyme or reason attached to it. :crazyeye:

Nuke_Exchange said:
Motezuma. He's insane. Everyone hates him. You should too.

I totally agree with you!
One game, Monty wasn't even near me and he goes and declears war, marching his army through another AI just to war with me. GOD I SO HATE HIM!!!!

I don't think I've had a game where if he was in the game he didn't attack me.

Number 3:Monty
Number 2:Tokugawa
And Number 1:Catherine :mad:
She always catches me off guard and has more modern armies then the other 2. Needless to say I've been forced to quit in the middle ages more then once when she sent a hugeass armyy of macemen and war elepents into my territory when I still only had a few axes/archers defending my cities.

Saladin drew my rage in my last game. I was cruising to a space race victory and had a defensive pact with him when he sent Cav's into my German land and pummeled my economy. I had to revolt to nationhood and draft up a bigger army and after he crushed my infrastructure he made peace. Went police state, got my panzers and the German flag flies high in Baghdad. Never again will I leave Sally alone if he's on my border.

this depends on your strategy. i usually warmonger so monty, catherine, and toku dont bother me at all. i go for them first if possible. i do however dislike ghandi and saladin as all they seem to do is ask for free techs and rarely if at all give free techs. cant i just invite them to a free technology seminar and blow them to bits???

benjai said:
I hate that c*** Bismarack. That guy is such an annoying bstd nowadays I just take him out first before even waiting around for him to get annoyed. Has anyone ever been friendly till the end with him?!!

I have. In a domination game too (I was Napoleon). Bismarck DID attack me when i refused to teach him Code of Laws but after I declared peace, Bismarck and I got along just fine. When I attacked Huyna, Bismarck intervened and I didn't see that coming at all. Before Huyna was completely defeated, Elizabeth and I got a domination victory. I've played other games with Bismarck and I got along with him just fine.

My least favorite leader has to be Toku. I hate him with a passion. There's no way to please him -- you can't even sign an Open Borders agreement with this guy! In most of my games, he was most definitely my enemy.

My vote is for Catherine. Absolutely cant stand her. She always starts stuff and the way she slaps the view REALLY pisses me off. Her hat also mocks my soul. Destroying her is better then getting a massage from Jessica Simpson while scratching a winning lottery ticket.

Hey, how come Monty can run across another AI's border without annoying that other AI?
And if he does, why not you guys just send in your forces into that other AI's territory and destroy them while they're en route?

Mansa Musa for having all the techs. He loves having variety and will always trade them from/to other computer players.

Alexander for being such a pain in the Ancient times. Technically he's no good, but he really tries to go for an early Empire. I once had a 1,000 year war with him.

Tokugawa for being a major hindrance. He always starts next to me, there's no pleasing him, and he always attacks with fervor crushing my beautiful plantations. Once you have grounded his troops to dust, he attacks your ally and you have to intervene. After that, he will not give in and you're stuck in a war you have to win by conquest or continue until you collapse sleeping on your keyboard. He has such immense numbers of units that he can't be taken out easily, so beating him is a very tedious process.

And good ol' Monty for being such a psychotic, warmongering, untrustworthy, unlikeable person, who seems to specialize in attacking through another civ with an Open Borders pact. That has gotta be against the Geneva convention!

1. Alexander
2. Monty
3. Tokugawa

Heh. That's an interesting story:
My last game. Nice start. Lots of jungle though. Scout a little, expand a little. Neighbhour: Monty. Uh, not so nice start... :) Eh, whatever. At least we know what to expect. Monty does what he does best: declares war... We fight but that's all. Ok, time to heal and rebuild some military. Some hundreds years later, Monty wants help. (Of course he's at war again.) He's annoyed towards me, I (of course) hate him... I'm still repairing stuff. I want to tell him we're not ready for a war right now -- and it's very true. I've rebuilt some defensive force, but almost nothing for a decent attack. (If you don't count the overwhelming army of 2 (two) swords that helped me capture a barbarian city.) But, hell, the guys he's fighting have pissed me even more... (long story). And maybe someday I'll want the West Point: I need promotions on some units. So, Lizzie (I'm Elizabeth) goes to war.
It's not intresting what happed in the actual war. But what happened in my relations with Monty was amazing. He got VERY friendly. For going to war together! (And later trading some techs and goodies, but MOSTLY for sharing his wars -- like +5 or something like that.)
I've got my share of surprise attacks by others later in that game (some of them "pleased" towards me!) but never by Monty! He even voted for me in the UN!
So, I don't hate him anymore. Just like Izzy will love you for sharing her religion, Monty will be your best buddy if you go to war together. He just values different things. :D

I almost always seem to get stuck in games with Alexander or Ghengis, and Monty. In my current game, Monty just declared war on me because I wouldn't give him a free tech, and is now attacking me through another civ using open borders.

As was said so well in the movie Dazed and Confused:

"I hate that guy!!!"

Montazuma and Saladin are the worst I nuked Salad into the stone age and he was still coming after me with archers! there just crazed about war and conqureing, I play very aggressive early in game as soon as I see them I get ready for big attack.

I always play on aggressive AI and find that if you dont beeline for advanced millitary techs they kind of leave you be but as soon as you start just getting the edge they start acting up, paranoid I guess?

Tokugawa. The minute he stands a reasonable chance, he will attack, even if you were good friends just a few turns ago.

Montezuma is really annoying too.

Catherine the *****.

Last game I made two trades with her. Tech for tech and sold her a resource. The very next turn she declares war on me. Of course I am already at war Nap and Asoka. Made my life difficult.

Of course she is the hottest leader as well.

I have never got a perm alliance with Togo. He just seems to backstab too soon, no matter how generous you are.

I gotta agree about Montezuma, that guy is just infuriating - if I got a tech lead on him he goes to war, if I'm lagging behind he goes to war, if we share borders he goes to war, if he's on the other side of the planet he goes... well you get the picture :)

I do hate Motny a lot since he is so agressive but Isabella is also a big pain. If I dont have the same religion as her she almost always declares war on me.

My number 2 is Hatti only because of how he mucks up diplomacy and trade on a global scale. I played a Nuke Hatti game and dropped the bomb on him close to 50 times because I could. :mischief:

My number 1 is Isabella. I have yet to have a game with her where she hasn't declare war on me. However, in the most recent game, she made the mistake of declaring war on me just as I was planning on moving in on her. Her "invasion" lasted about three turns and when the war ended, she was gone from the map. Because she declared on me I didn't have any civ penalties. Plus I had destroyed four holy cities for Heathen Religions. :p

Top Bottom