• With roommates (random people)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • With roommates (friends)

• Nuclear family (I'm the kid)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Nuclear family (I'm the parent), married or unmarried

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • With one parent (parents divorced/separate)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • With one child (I'm a single parent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc)

• Cohousing collective

• College dorm

• Other (in van by river, nomad, squatter, under my desk @ work, etc)

• With spouse/long-term partner

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
I am the only one yet voting for living with a random roomate.
I wonder if it is because most people here don't live in very urban places?

Anyway me an a roomate share a flat in a stinky old house in slightly the south of Tel Aviv.
Big rooms, no living room.

Ideally: in hotels while touring the UK with my band.

I'm not sure I fit exactly into any poll option - I live with someone who is legally my spouse but at this point just a friend and roommate, and we intend to sell the place and split apart in the next year or so.
This is a very interesting situation.

I do!

But I also hate other people, especially random people, with a passion and no amount of $aving$ will ever justify me living with someone not of my own choosing ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again.

Random roommate 1: consumed multiple cans of Axe body spray daily.

Random roommate 2: pothead. Fine, simple possession was legally only a misdemeanor where I lived but it was still against the lease. Didn’t want to get thrown out of my apartment so I evicted him. He threatened to sue me, but I never heard from that dork again.

Random roommate 3: left his room trashed and stiffed me on his share of the rent. What an A-hole. I hope someone runs over his toe with a lawnmower.

Damn how do I edit poll (kinda childcentric want to add Spouse (or former spouse, spouselike person : no kids)
I put other because I didn’t see “living with long-term partner.” I guess that falls under nuclear family? But we don’t have kids and aren’t married :dunno:
Living with my wife. Does not seem to be a poll option though.
Where is living with partner?
OPs can edit the polls, but I just did that. The edit button is badly coloured, I need to get around to fix that.

I'm living alone. After living with my parents/mom, I basically always lived alone, besides 6 months in a student dorm.
It's nice to have your own toilet.

I am only free of random roommates this year. Before 2022, I've always lived with complete strangers (who were always some shade of feral and recently released from captivity their doting parents).

I'm weird I've never had a roommate. Only lived with family or gf. Would probably hate it though.

I lived in a shared house when I was a student and when I first moved to London for work. Can be great, can be awful, luck of the draw really.
I was also briefly in halls as a student. That was awful. I lived close to an alcoholic headbanger who had parties every night (said parties consisting of him, a few other lads and some really cheap cider after the pub had closed).

This is a very interesting situation.

It's the result of a 20yr marriage derailed by a gender transition. Don't try this at home, kids.

I don’t know where I’d fit in. I still living with my folks and working my way to save up for my own place.

Nah, I lived with random roommates through most of my twenties. I probably would still be were I not in a long term relationship. It has also helped that my life has gotten significantly more financially, emotionally, and mentally stable over the past 2 years. I could not imagine having the life that I have now in 2018.

Living with my wife. Does not seem to be a poll option though.
Is your wife not your spouse? That's on the poll.

EDIT: I see the poll was changed.

OPs can edit the polls, but I just did that. The edit button is badly coloured, I need to get around to fix that.
The poll still lacks the option for living with pets.

I consider this place to be partly Maddy's. Actually, when I applied for the place and the manager asked me how many people, I said, "Three middle-aged ladies, two of whom are cats." That may be the only time in the entire span that I knew this manager that she cracked a tiny fraction of a smile (she had NO sense of humor).

I don’t know where I’d fit in. I still living with my folks and working my way to save up for my own place.
Nuclear family, if you don't consider that to have an upper age limit.

Last edited:
Crazy cat lady option is missing.
As the forum's resident cat lady, I made it clear years ago that I do NOT appreciate the word "crazy" being included in this designation. :huh:

I didn't say you were one.. But your comment certainly sounds like something a crazy cat lady could perhaps say.

🐱

I have no problem being known as the resident cat lady. After all, I've been talking about cats and answering people's questions about cats and kittens for over a decade.

Someone tried referring to me as "crazy", though, and I don't appreciate that.

I've never really been into Alice in Wonderland.

Top Bottom