• With roommates (random people)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • With roommates (friends)

• Nuclear family (I'm the kid)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Nuclear family (I'm the parent), married or unmarried

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • With one parent (parents divorced/separate)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • With one child (I'm a single parent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc)

• Cohousing collective

• College dorm

• Other (in van by river, nomad, squatter, under my desk @ work, etc)

• With spouse/long-term partner

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
I've never lived alone, which I'm thankful for. I don't think I would have survived the experience.
I didn't think I could, at first. I'd lived with my grandparents for over two decades, and then my dad for another 10 years. I miss my dad. He never got to meet Maddy, as I adopted her a few days after he had to go into the hospital.

Being alone was really difficult at first; I'd never been in a situation where there were no other humans. That first night with just the cats...

You get used to it, though. Now I can't imagine going back to having another human here all the time.

I live with my wife and our two teenage sons. No pets: the boys need no additional assistance with making messes and eating everything in the fridge.

The poll still lacks the option for living with pets.
Yeah, I considered adding one or specifying what humans one lives with. To me, living with cats is all the best aspects of being alone while still having a soothing mammalian presence nearby that requires almost nothing but love & basic necessities.

ATM living w my partner, her 4yo daughter, our 1yo daughter & her mum lives in the house adjacent (on same property)

I'm not sure I fit exactly into any poll option - I live with someone who is legally my spouse but at this point just a friend and roommate, and we intend to sell the place and split apart in the next year or so.

Ideal living setup? Poly sapphic BDSM harem in a large home on 10+ acres of land.

Changed my vote to 'other'. The selling-the-place-and-splitting-apart has completed, and I'm now semi-homeless while progressing further toward my ideal living setup.

To me, living with cats is all the best aspects of being alone while still having a soothing mammalian presence nearby that requires almost nothing but love & basic necessities.

Since the wife is on the road most of the time its just me and two kitties, so voted Alone, which is just the way I like it. :)

D

Me, my wife and my kid (1 baby girl).

We are currently renting as the apartment we bought gets finished. Its reasonably spacious (1.500 square feet) but very ok for 3 people and we should get it fully decorated before moving in in 3 to 4 months. A little debt there, but we should get all paid up in 3 or 4 years.

We actually had the chance to get what I would consider ideal condition; a house in a closed neighbourhood; 3.500 square feet and a garden, 2 floors. It was in the conversation, but it would add at least 350.000,00 dollars on the already streched bill, probably a significant bit more, considering more expensive decorations and furniture, maintenance and taxes.

As 4 years of relative sacrifice beats a few decades, we decided on the more frugal option.

Regards :).

wife and two cats

Since the wife is on the road most of the time its just me and two kitties, so voted Alone, which is just the way I like it. :)

D
But if you have two cats, you're not alone. You just have two non-human family members who are much shorter than you.

When I first applied to live in the building I'm in now (this year marks a decade, albeit in 3 different suites), I was asked how many would be living here. I said, "Three middle-aged ladies. Two of us are cats."

Well, it's two senior ladies now, since Chloe died 6 years ago, and Maddy and I have both aged into senior status.

I live with mom. My dad had a stroke last year so unfortunately he is no longer with us. My sister moved out so it's just mom and I.

Live with my wife/life partner/lover/tough critic...love her like crazy. And two male cats, Max and Wilbur. Next April we will have together for 40 years, 38 of them married.

As to my ideal place to live? Just outside of Lahina on Maui.

Top Bottom