1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is King?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by Vandal Warlord, Aug 14, 2008.

?

Who should be our King

Poll closed Aug 17, 2008.
  1. Cyc

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Civplayah

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Abstain

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I am glad to see an end to this matter. :beer: 2 cheers for both King Cyc and Civplayah you both put the Dgame above your self interests. I will be there for the Kings feastival and there will be a bottle of Carota waiting at the table.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

:) That's one government position I never tried, you're right, my friend. Turned down a lot of nominations over the years, but I always wanted to try it. Just between you and me, Furiey, King is better. ;)

:king:

3. Cyc

Thank you, Lord Civius. I would be honored to sit at your table.

Any suggestions on a date and time? It should probably be an all day event, to cover Europe and America. I know 1889 is in Alaska, but do we have anyone farther West than that? Anyway, I'm thinking Wednesday, sometime.

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Since Civplayah is having problems with his PC I will humbly remain serving as Regent to the Crown and Clerk of the Realm. Once Civplayah gets his problems worked out I will gladly step down if he wants to be Regent.

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

All I know is that we have people in CA, FL, England, Alaska, PA, NY, Netherlands.

6. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

How about something like 6-7pm GMT, as it would 7-8 here, 8-9 in Europe and middayish in America, although a weekend day might be better than a Wednesday for that.

7. civplayah

civplayah fronter

I got my new Vista the day I came back. Although I refuse the title of regent because I feel I don't even deserve the title.

8. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I'm on a wierd schedule. I can do morning (10-11 am EST) or very late (midnight-2am) because I work nights. Also there is a hurricane on a beeline to my house. It is expected to hit land late monday early tuesday so if I disappear for a few days then it means I lost power or my house.

I wouldn't say you don't deserve it. You are the factions founder and helped get the game back on track. No one faults you for your computer crashing, it was unfortunate and you have the problem fixed now. Could have happened to anyone of us.

9. Joe Harker

I believe EST is 5-6 hours behind BST which would make it 1500-1700 GMT+1

I could do that but whether people in the western part of America and Alaska can make that time i am not sure.

10. Cyc

I might suggest something from out of the past (sorry Furiey) as a reference. In an old RPG thread, we had a wake for Shaitan that lasted maybe (i forget now) 26 hours? People would come and go from all corners of the world at all times of the days. There was no pressure. Here's a link.
    It's starts on posts 109 on page 6.

11. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Actually EST is -4.

12. Joe Harker

^^^ Behind BST or GMT? (BST is GMT +1)

13. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

No, EST is GMT-5, EDT (ie: with Daylight Saving) is GMT-4.

The UK however is on BST at the moment (British Summer Time = daylight saving = GMT+1), so if you are on Eastern Time with daylight saving you are still 5 hours behind the UK and 4 hours behind GMT. If you are not on daylight saving you are 6 hours behind the UK and 5 hours behind GMT.