Who is the most likely 2012 Republican Nominee?

Who is the most likely 2012 Republican Nominee?

• Newt Gingrich

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Tim Pawlenty

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Mitch Daniels

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Haley Barbour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michele Bachmann

• Ron Paul

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • John Huntsman

• John Bolton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Radioactive Monkeys/No One/Don't Care

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
VRWCA, out of curiosity, who did you vote for in '08? Evidently McCain was off the table because he was an adulterer, I highly doubt you voted for Obama, and when who is left? Ron Paul or Nader and I really don't see you voting for either of those.

My point is this. If you are going to not vote for someone because they broke a religious vow, then how do you reconcile King David remaining Gods annointed and favorite son even after he did the things he did (i.e. murder and adultery)? I mean the choice to not vote for someone for that reason and that reason alone fails on almost every argument, be it logical, secular, historical or biblical lines.

I mean, I love ya like a brother VRCWAgent, but I just cant reconcile this one at all.

My point is this. If you are going to not vote for someone because they broke a religious vow, then how do you reconcile King David remaining Gods annointed and favorite son even after he did the things he did (i.e. murder and adultery)? I mean the choice to not vote for someone for that reason and that reason alone fails on almost every argument, be it logical, secular, historical or biblical lines.
This is pretty rich coming from a guy that won't vote for an atheist for that reason and that reason alone.

I mean, I love ya like a brother VRCWAgent, but I just cant reconcile this one at all.

Agreed. I mean, if he were doing it recently, then I wouldn't support him because he made out of it. But if it has been 35 years, and has yet to break another vow, then I think he can be forgiven.

This is pretty rich coming from a guy that won't vote for an atheist for that reason and that reason alone.

You cant see the difference? If said atheist repents, says he was wrong, and asks forgiveness, I will absolutely consider voting for them. Thats being consistent for my part, and I will certainly re-establish trust once those criteria are met. What VRCWAgent is doing is utter pass/fail. 1 error and your done....for all time. Not the same thing that I have ever said.

Now, if your unable to admit the difference there, then /oh well.

Agreed. I mean, if he were doing it recently, then I wouldn't support him because he made out of it. But if it has been 35 years, and has yet to break another vow, then I think he can be forgiven.
He is still breaking his vow to his for wife.
You cant see the difference? If said atheist repents, says he was wrong, and asks forgiveness, I will absolutely consider voting for them. Thats being consistent for my part, and I will certainly re-establish trust once those criteria are met. What VRCWAgent is doing is utter pass/fail. 1 error and your done....for all time. Not the same thing that I have ever said.

Now, if your unable to admit the difference there, then /oh well.
But McCain hasn't repented. He has yet to return to his first wife. Plus, I seem to recall you backing Rudy who really hasn't "served the time" for his numerous known episodes of cheating.

edit: nvm

VRWCA, out of curiosity, who did you vote for in '08? Evidently McCain was off the table because he was an adulterer, I highly doubt you voted for Obama, and when who is left? Ron Paul or Nader and I really don't see you voting for either of those.
Romney, with a write-in.

He is still breaking his vow to his for wife.

Only if his first wife never broke her own vows even after he divorced her. If she remarried, or had sexual relations with someone else, he's off the hook in that regard biblically.

Legally you have no leg to stand on at all in your allegation.

But McCain hasn't repented. He has yet to return to his first wife. Plus, I seem to recall you backing Rudy who really hasn't "served the time" for his numerous known episodes of cheating.

Yeah, McCain did repent and said he was indeed sorry and regretful for the things that occurred at that time in his life.

Only if his first wife never broke her own vows even after he divorced her. If she remarried, or had sexual relations with someone else, he's off the hook in that regard biblically.
Just because your bank is committing fraud does not get you off the hook for the credit card fraud you are doing against your bank. I have no knowledge of what McCain's 1st wife is doing, but I do not know of him attempting to right the ship over the past 35 years. Even if she has sinned, it is not too late for both sides to get back to honoring their vows to each other. I believe it is mcCain's move here.

I'm sure McCain's vow did not include "until your sleeping with another man because I broke our vow do us part." He is still breaking a vow and has not properly repented. At the very least, he should not be continuing on with the adulturous relationship.

Very poor analogy Jolly and it just doesnt fit. Biblically, or legally, you really dont have a leg to stand on. Earlier you found my comments 'pretty rich' for a particular reason. Well I find an atheist commenting on proper repentance pretty rich as well. Your continued judgement of the guy is more than obvious, and (hopefully) we both know what the bible says about that dont we?

Adultery biblically also covers having pre-maritial sex. Are we going to argue that your're not qualified to be president if you broke your word to God and had sex before marriage as well? I wonder how many candidates that would disqualify?

Fortunately, we are a nation governed by law rather than a holy book, so that part is irrelevant in the legal sense and only a priority to individuals based on their religious beliefs. (And it should be. While I don't agree with VRWCA's point here, I admire that he's got a firm belief and he's sticking to it.)

And yeah, I would hope that most presidential candidates have had premarital sex.
Refusing to have premarital sex based solely on dogma shows a short-sighted inability to examine key issues prior to making extremely important commitments.

Well I find an atheist commenting on proper repentance pretty rich as well.
The Bible doesn't hold a monopoly on repentence. Based on how easy McCain has gotten off the hook from your Biblical take, it appears the Bible doesn't even have a small storefront on the concept.

Anyway, McCain is not running this time around. Time to figure out how to spin Newt as voteworthy.

Well, you've got to agree that if you are taking Newt's advice, you are probably doing something wrong. Even Newt Gingrich can now see that.

Asked, “what would you do about Libya?” Gingrich responded:

Exercise a no-fly zone this evening. … We don’t need to have the United Nations. All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we’re intervening.

During appearances that same day, Gingrich also said that he would provide help to the Libyan rebels on top of the no-fly zone: “This is a moment to get rid of him. Do it. Get it over with.”

I would not have intervened.

So, will Newt get better?

It will be interesting to see what happens when Newt has an affair on the campaign trail. Should we give him a pass after 35 weeks, 35 days, 35 hours, 35 minutes, or 35 seconds?

God can never forgive anyone.

Ambiguous archaeological evidence aside, the story of King David is a Jewish hero-myth clearly designed to glorify the name of their most famous son. It wouldn't be much good as a story if God refused to forgive his anointed ruler.

God can never forgive anyone.
Not if you're a fire-and-damnation kind of person, no.

Why are you guys equating my refusal to vote for someone for President with no chance of beginning a new life?

I wrote in Romney / Brownback. I even took a pic of my ballot and posted it here in CFC OT :)

I'm not, but then I have different criteria for deciding for which scumbag to vote. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom