Whos the victim, the Isrealis or the Palestinians?

Just asking for a flamefest...

In all technicality, the Isrealis probably are, but only if you go all the way back to 1948. The Palestinians seem to have become somewhat more of the victims over recent years...

A classic ME thread, oh how much I missed that! ;)

Anyway, (wise saying ahead):
The victims are all those who have to suffer without having done anything, the innocents.

Originally posted by West German
Want to know everyones opinion on the conflict.
Well whats your opinion on the subject? It's nice to start a thread, but it would be nicer if the topic starter shared his/her opinions as well.

I think both are at fault. This discussion/argument has been gone over on these forums too many times, and I don't feel like throwing myself into this pointless debate again.

Israel...

To the Palestinians? Well, that's too bad for them, but so long as the major Arab countries keep funding Islamic militants, I wonder -- if the Arabs care so much abut the "Palestinians" (political designation) then why don't they take them?

Im somewhere between FF and rmsharpe. Everyone who wants to live a normal life in the ME and is targeted are victims. However its usually the Israelis that want to live a normal life.

Easiest answer is that the Arab governments want to use the Palestinian issue as a conduit for terrorism against Israel. Quite frankly, the Arab governments don't give a rat's rear end about anyone in Israel, they simply want it gone. Sour grapes and dynamite belts.

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Israel...

To the Palestinians? Well, that's too bad for them, but so long as the major Arab countries keep funding Islamic militants, I wonder -- if the Arabs care so much abut the "Palestinians" (political designation) then why don't they take them?

What makes you think you have any right to hold the Palestineans responsible for acts committed by other Arab nations.

That would be like holding America responsible for the Holocaust.

Originally posted by archer_007
I agree w/ rmsharpe. Israel is the victim. If the other Arab countries really cared about the Palestinians, why don't they invite them in?

Why should the Palestineans have to leave? They have just as much right to live there as the Israelis do.

Offly negative approach rm. Everyone living there is a victim and both sides are handling things wrong, but the Israelis have 51% of my favour.

The victims? The Israelis and the Palestinian civilians. All are victims of the foundmentalistic terrorism of some Palestinians who won't stop as long they don't get what they want (the destruction of Israel and a founmentalist Islamic Palestinian country) and therefore aren't allowing peace to exist.

I agree with newfangle that both sides are handling things absolutely the wrong way but I support the Palestinians.
Both deserve to live where they are also both sides have there victims and oppressors.

Originally posted by G-Man
The victims? The Israelis and the Palestinian civilians. All are victims of the foundmentalistic terrorism of some Palestinians who won't stop as long they don't get what they want (the destruction of Israel and a founmentalist Islamic Palestinian country) and therefore aren't allowing peace to exist.

Very sound post. :goodjob:

Its unfortunate and unfair to lump palistinean civilians in with terrorists. And probably equally so to lump settlers / israeli citizens in with what is oft seen as a heavy-handed Israeli government.

My answer is simply "both". :(

There was once a land called Palestine and was ruled by Englishmen...now it is called Israel, Jordan, etc.

Something happened along the line to stop it being Palestine...

Originally posted by Immortal
Im somewhere between FF and rmsharpe. Everyone who wants to live a normal life in the ME and is targeted are victims. However its usually the Israelis that want to live a normal life.

:confused:

Does that not stand to reason, owing to the fact that a few generations of Palestinians haven't had an opportunity to experience what normal life is?

Like many others, while I have many choice words to say about the policies of various states, parties and organizations in the region, I beleive the victims are individual civilians on both sides. Both sides have heaped so much damage on the other that to play the "more a victim than thou" game is only likely to perpetuate the kind of thinking that makes a peaceful solution impossible. Both sides will continue to have victims until both change their policies.

R.III

Hmmm:

IMHO:
Israelis: A people under constant siege...And all that that implies...
Palestinians: A people without hope...And all that that implies...

No answer to the ME question...
Just ever-increasing hate, and foreign state-funded warfare...

A pitiful situation for all the humans involved...

I grow weary of the whole affair...Let them all stew in their own gravy.

The victims are those who die+their family, Israeli or Palestinian does´nt make a difference in my oppinion.

Top Bottom