1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Jul 7, 2011.

1. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Do you have my "Unique Building - Patisserie" mod enabled?

2. mrc2022

mrc2022 Capitão Rolinho

Hi there.
    This is regarding your "UI - Multiple Unique Bonuses"

You say it's incompatible with G&K and BNW but it seems to work fine.
    I've also looked up into the files it replaces. G&K have no changes to those files and BNW only changes one.
    So is this really incompatible?

Also how can I reduce from 6 uniques to 3? Or prevent one unique to show e.g. your Basilica for occupied cities

3. rltmd317

rltmd317 Chieftain

Yes I do have Patisserie enable. So I went back and looked at the details and see that it replaces the French Foreign Legion unique unit. That would cause my problem lol. Thanks for your response.

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

In the UniqueBuildingPatisserie.xml file, remove the line
    Code:
    <Delete Type="UNIT_FRENCH_FOREIGNLEGION"/>

and it should fix it for any current saves

5. drumheller101

drumheller101 Chieftain

I started playing Civ5 again after really getting into Caveman2Cosmos for Civ4 for the last couple of months.

I am playing G&K and I downloaded your UI Notification mod, but as soon as the game starts all I see is a window for the different notifications options, but it is blank and I cannot even click on the 'close' button because nothing happens when I click on it.

Civ5 was apparently updated recently, does this have anything to do with it?

6. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

7. shadowandlight

shadowandlight Chieftain

8. drumheller101

drumheller101 Chieftain

I enabled logging like I was told, and did like you said in your instructions.

I saw these two lines at the bottom of Lua.txt

[5303.300] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Drumheller\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\UI - Notification Options (GK) (v 10)\UI/NotificationOptions.lua:169: table index is nil
    [5303.300] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Drumheller\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\UI - Notification Options (GK) (v 10)\UI/NotificationOptions.lua.

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Ooops!

Quick fix, in the NotificationOptions.lua file, comment out lines 169 and 170, ie

Code:
    [COLOR="red"][B]-- [/B][/COLOR]g_Notifications[NotificationTypes.NOTIFICATION_LEAGUE_PROJECT_COMPLETE] = {item="LeagueProjectComplete", key="NOTIFICATION_LEAGUE_PROJECT_COMPLETE", show=isBNW, ui=isBNW}
    [COLOR="Red"][B]-- [/B][/COLOR]g_Notifications[NotificationTypes.NOTIFICATION_LEAGUE_PROJECT_PROGRESS] = {item="LeagueProjectProgress", key="NOTIFICATION_LEAGUE_PROJECT_PROGRESS", show=isBNW, ui=isBNW}

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

This post was hidden by the site's anti-spawn feature, which is a bit over-zealous those last days...

so...
    Moderator Action: post manually approved, and thread bumped.

11. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

Hey Whoward, quick question.

I want to play with UI - Religion Spread because I like the concept, but I also much enjoy playing with Tomatekh's Historical Religions mod because of the diversity in religions. However, I am aware through looking at the XML file that it only covers the base game religions, so Tomtatekh's religions don't have a COLOR_PLAYER title to show up on the map (I don't know where to lookin the files to find where the COLOR_PLAYER tags are so that I know which can and can't be used when giving one of the religions a spot within the XML list), but also they're not even showing up period in the list of world religions. Any tips or help? It would be much appreciated, as I've been wanting to use this mod but can't because it doesn't take into account the other (which is a mainstay in my list, and the two don't conflict in any way otherwise that I'm aware).

EDIT: And another one I found while playing the game, I really like UI - Trade Opportunities, but I noticed that it doesn't include on the list any luxuries other than the base game luxuries (which, I supposed, I should've realized). Barathor's More Luxuries and mrc2022's More City-State Luxuries (or Sukritat's original More Mercantile Mod as well, alternatively) are mainstays on my list right now, and it may be an easier fix than the above, but how would I go about getting them to be included in the list of luxuries?

A side-point, too, is that FramedArchitect's Dynamic City Naming mod changes the names of the civs on the screen, and the name list doesn't expand to account for that, and so the civ names are overlapping into the luxuries list. I'm assuming that's a relatively easy fix, though, which is why it's only a side-point, and it doesn't affect anything except visually, as it can make it hard to see the numbers for the other civilizations for the first few luxuries (like whales, which is first on the list).

EDIT 2: I noticed that there was an "Other Luxuries" button that I didn't see, so I guess it isn't a problem, though the overlay is annoying (but I can manage, and it does it for other info screens as well). Otherwise, UI - Summary Shipping, I noticed, shows the total tonnage for all the civilizations, even ones I haven't met yet, which may be something you'd want to look into in case it isn't intended.

EDIT 3: UI - Wonder Planner does the same, showing me, for example, that Arabia had built a few of the built wonders despite the fact that I haven't met them yet, as well as at least two other civilizations I have yet to meet (but already knew I'd meet sooner or later because of the Shipping tab).

12. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Thanks for the info

UI - Religion Spread is a bug, it should pick the colour of the player automatically if there is no pre-defined colour

UI - Trade Ops, extra luxuries are lumped under the happy face as it's impossible to just keep adding columns for any and every other mod out there (in general I do not support other mods at all - with the possible exception of IGE), and the civ name length can easily be truncated so it doesn't overlap the first columns of luxuries

UI - Summary Shipping is a minor "meh", but probably easy enough to fix

UI - Wonder Planner is intentional, I could never understand why the merchant that traded with the sailor that traded with the miner that supplied your citizens could remember the name of the wonder but never the country or city it was in!

Fixes for the first three won't be up until the weekend at the earliest

13. GMO

GMO Warlord

Sorry but I'm not sure how this works.

I've downloaded the DLL.

Do I also need to download each individual PickNmix mod also?

Thanks.

14. GMO

GMO Warlord

I downloaded v21 of the DLL.
    I have BNW.
    When I try to enable it in Steam I get the message that it's not compatible with this version of the mod.

What does this mean?
    Should I download another version?

Thanks.

I downloaded v22 and that works.

15. mrc2022

mrc2022 Capitão Rolinho

Howard any comment on this? I really need the help

16. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

Whoward,

Do you think that you can do a mod allowing multiple improvements/routes on a single tile? In CCtP, for example, we wanted to add power lines in order to "transfer" an Electricity dummy resource from an improvement, with the distance from the improvement dictating the amount of Electricity resources gained (in order to account for transmission losses).

If this is workable, even with the DLL, then I will be thankful.

17. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

@GMO - see posts #360 and #364 in the DLL thread (or just download V22 as I note you have done) and also post #236 which outlines how the DLL works (basically it provides additional functionality that is then used / switched on by other mods) - also, it would be better to post DLL specific questions on that thread, as you're more likely to get a response from other users of the DLL

@3335d - The whole design premise of Civ5 is "one thing per tile" - be that a unit, resource, feature, improvement, route or whatever. To change it would require major alterations in the DLL (eg storing an array of improvements instead of a single improvement) with no guarantee that it would actually render correctly (the graphics DLL uses the same data structures as the game core, but we don't have access to that source code). Because of this design decision, routes are cumulative, ie if you have a railway (route type 2) you always also have a road (route type 1), so your transmission lines would have to be built along the course of an existing railway or the workers would also take the time to build the underlying railway/road. It's all "doable" in the DLL, but you may not get the results you want/expect

@mrc2022 - there are 8 modified game core files in that mod and IIRC every one is different between G&K and BNW. Also, some (if not all) of the files are so different as to no be combinable as per the approach I take in my other "works in both" mods - hence the mod is incompatible with BNW - it may work, but it will definitely be missing functionality and/or throw errors in lua.log under certain conditions. It is way down my list of things to fix, as it's purely a cosmetic mod, and I have no plans to make a "three only" version of it

@shadowandlight - unlikely as my own list of things to mod for BNW is long (and growing)

18. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

If routes are cumulative, then I could simply make two sets of power line routes; one that negates the movement effect of the underlying road and railroad and another that does nothing to it. The former one would have 0 :c5gold: maintenance (the amount being "paid for" by the underlying dummy road and rails), while the latter one would have 4 :c5gold: maintenance. The 3D model for the former could be merely a power line, while for the latter it would be a power line with a railroad.

Connectivity could be tested for using a Lua iterator, but I have no idea how to create one properly. Is there one that could be altered to work to test connectivity?

19. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

So one would be route type 3 and the other route type 4, BUT the one which is type 4 will also have all the effects of route type 3, - have fun trying to sort the implications of that mess out!

20. lockstep

lockstep Prince

Two suggestions for your "Global - City Forest Bonus" mod:

• Make the production bonus only available after researching Mining (which allows to chop forests);
    • Reduce the bonus from 25 to 20 (same as when chopping forests inside one's territory).

Thanks for providing many great mods!