WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Did you start the game with New Random Seed enabled? If not save/load will achieve nothing. If you still have the save, reload it and check the CustomMods.log file - there will be a line starting "Settler defect percent:" which gives you the chance of "converting" the settler - it may be that the settlers just really hate your civ!

Pioneer doesn't seem to be doing what it should. it starts a regular city with 1 pop, no buildings. maybe the combination of that and religious settlers?

Did you start the game with New Random Seed enabled? It may be that the settlers just really hate your civ!

Yes random seed enabled. Already deleted that game. Tried going back this am but the only save was about 30 turns away and no telling if the same camp would spawn and if a pioneer would be captured. If the situation comes up again I will let you know and save the game at that stage versus quick save. Maybe they really do just hate me :lol:

Maybe they really do just hate me :lol:

It's not just a straight random chance - there's a lot of logic in there, so you may be as low as a 1 in 10 chance

Code:
// Approach is very important
// Opinion also matters
// Our masters sent us into a war-zone, we'll stick where we are!
// If they will found the second city (ie kudos) multiply by 1.5
// Bonus if the liberator founded their holy city
// Serious bad karma if the liberator has captured their holy city
// Use the popularity difference between the players to skew the probability

Your right. Just had another chance and on the 10th try the pioneer stayed a pioneer. Interesting though there were 2 missionaries which I was asked if I wanted to return them but with the pioneer I was never asked to keep or return it. I assume this was because I am at war with one civ and he must have belonged to them. Thank you for your responses and great mods.....:)

Check the CustomMods.log file, it'll give you the chance of the unit defecting to your side as a settler-type unit

Whow,

Dunno if this issue can easily be fixed or not but it's been annoying me for a very looooonnnnggg time! ;)

The Mod-Mod of (UI-) Enhanced Demographics has a framework flaw when a city has more than 12 Wonders. Any others "Overlap" onto the Right side Column Box.
Wouldn't it make sense to add more rows (or a custom stack, whatever!) underneath and into city box(es) to allocate reasonable space for any extra icons?

Refer to the image below for details;

Please?!? :)

wHoward your mods are great and I am following your work on the community project. What I was wondering, when you get bored and have finished the other projects is there a possibility of creating a mod that would allow you to give military units to allied civs. That way you could support their war efforts without getting directly involved like you can with city states.

wHoward your mods are great and I am following your work on the community project. What I was wondering, when you get bored and have finished the other projects is there a possibility of creating a mod that would allow you to give military units to allied civs. That way you could support their war efforts without getting directly involved like you can with city states.
Can't you just move the unit into their lands and use the "gift unit" function (in the "more options" menu where also disband is located)? Or am I thinking about an older version of the game?

Can't you just move the unit into their lands and use the "gift unit" function (in the "more options" menu where also disband is located)? Or am I thinking about an older version of the game?

Tried this morning, your right . Thanks :D

Whoward, can your Global - Truly Free Great People mod be made compatible with the DLL for the CSD and Civ Diplomacy DLL? Or am I asking something impossible by accident?!

V62 is - it's currently being tested but it's stable - and can be found from post #217 here

hello whoward. i tried this mod in a game: Promotions - AntiAir Only Defensive. some civs build a lot of these AA unit and filled up almost their hole country with it,except for the usual units and thats not so many compare to AA unit.Not every AI had so many, but it seems like they build extra units with the mod to? without the mod the AI dont have so many ground units in a game. you have the same experience with the mod if u use it? i like that the ai build alot of units so its harder to take a civ. U know where in the xml files or something i can change the values so the AI build mutch more units? i tried lower unit cost\building time and unit maintance and stuff but it seems like they dont build so mutch units in bnw as vanilla or gk did if i remember right

Hello Whoward.

Thanks for this mod. Great job. I tried to read through this thread and as I failed to find clear answer to my question, i will ask you. The tunnel unit does not seem to be able to enter the mountain. What I am doing wrong?

DLL - Various Mod Components (v 63)
Improvement - Tunnel (v 3)
Only other MOD is IGE as I was just testing different mods available through Various Mod Componenets.

Another possibly stupid question that I have is this: Are there some changes to the game that work automatically just by installing the DLL - Various Mod Components MOD or all require their specific MOD to be downloaded as well? I want just a few things (defo not the stacking ect) and I admit the XML file was rather confusing to me when I read through it (I know, I am noob with these things)

Thanks for answer

Hey, Whoward note that the rows in "AIWarmongerAdjustments.xml" are already present in the table "Defines", so they must be updates instead of new entries.

Greetings!

I have a problem - I can't install DLL Various component dll. When I load MOD panel in Civ V, DLL various components can't be checked, claiming that it is not compatible with this version of the game. I hovewer, have latest version of game - 1.03.18, so what is the thing?

Otherwise, on paper, this look great!:goodjob:

edit: Ok, I am stupid, but which is actually latest version of game?

Minor updates to a few mods for 1.0.3.276 compatibility - see here for what was uploaded today

• DLL - Various Mod Components
  • DLL - Various Mod Components - 34 Civs
  • Global - City Bombard Range
  • Improvement - Tunnel
  • Maps - Improved CS Luxuries
  • Maps - Improved Small Landmasses

Top Bottom