WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Hi whoward!

First, thanks, as always, for all you are doing for Civ V modders.

Then, one question: I use your 34 civ Dll in my Lord of the Rings MOD. I-ve set the main civ with the WorldBuilder, and the minor ones (from 23 to 34) incode, with LUA (PreGame.AddPlayer() function).

It works perfectly... except one thing. In diplo screen, it shows for all the new civs (added with AddPlayer()) that leader screen WAS NOT LOAD, although the XML with <FallbackImage> is loaded in the database as all the rest of civs, and the 2D .dds images are set to VFS=true. That is, for the standard number of civs, diplo works. But those added with AddPlayer, it doesn't load the DiploScreen.

Do you know anything about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Khose

Do you know anything about this issue?

I know of it's existence and that's about it. However, I'm pretty sure some of the scenario modders (Gedemon?) have either a work-around or possibly even a fix. Suggest you repost the above question into the main C&C forum where it will get more visibility to those in the know.

Preface: I'm hoping someone else who has had this issue will skim the mod list and recognize the conflict before I spend anymore hours disabling mods a few at a time, restarting, new games, cache clearing, debug log reading, etc. I don't actually have any specific indication it has anything to do with WHoward's mod set, but a quick "nope, looks fine" will at least help me focus my efforts elsewhere. Please let me know if there's a more appropriate place to post.

Actual Issue: Air Strikes don't work.

Hit S or the button, mouseover target, everything looks fine, big red arcing arrow. Click. Nothing. It's like it was cancelled.

This has been persistent over my last several games. I've been progressively removing mods for each new game, and then I get to Flight and discover that, alas, it wasn't fixed this time either. So today I got serious about testing.

Primary test scenario:
Start in Information Age; drop a settler on the oil; crank out a few planes and bang on some barbarians.

* If I start a new game without mods things work fine (with or without Enhanced UI DLC/Mod).
* If I do the above with mods enabled I get my symptom.
* I've also tried starting in Ancient era and using IGE in various different ways to give me planes to test with, and still get the symptom.
* I've started a new Information Era game without IGE and the symptom persists, with mods enabled.
* I've cleared the /cache folder & the /ModUserData folder, one at a time, one then the other, the other then the one, both at the same time, etc.
* I went through and deleted a bunch of un-used mods from my /Mods folder.
* I've enabled debugging according to the wiki (and while I'm not familiar with these logs I've done more than my share of watching debug logs scroll over the years). Nothing stands out in general, and there are no messages other than "InGame: OnInterfaceModeChanged" in Lua.log during the Airstrike attempt.

I've tested without some of these mods as well, but I'm including a "more than complete" list in case there's some strange scenario with stale caching, or who-knows-what.

These three in particular were removed first (before all the cache clearing, etc) as they seemed the most relevant:
* Units - Subs Ignore Borders (v 3)
* Units - Subs Immune Under Ice (v 2)
* Units - Super Carrier (v 9)

Non-WHoward Mod List:
Spoiler :

City Limits (v 4)
Ethiopia Color Fix (v 1)
Great Admiral Aquaculture (v 1)
InfoAddict (v 22)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
Lumber Mills on Jungles (v 1)
Music Changer (v 1)
PerfectWorld3 (v 1)
Quick Turns (v 10)
Race for Religion (BNW) (v 4)
Really Advanced Setup (v 9)
Reseed! (v 11)
Small Continents Deluxe (v 100)
Strange Religions (v 9)
Workable Mountains (v 1)
Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)

WHoward Mod List:
Spoiler :

Buildings - Lighthouse Near Sea (v 2)
Buildings - Storage Yard and Stockpile (v 1)
DLL - Various Mod Components (v 45)
Global - Allies Block Blockades (v 2)
Global - Archaeologist Dig Sites (v 2)
Global - Barbarian XP Level 6 (v 2)
Global - City Forest Bonus (v 2)
Global - City States No Allied Skirmishes (v 1)
Global - Civilians Move After Purchase (v 2)
Global - Coastal Waters Only (v 1)
Global - Commander Influence Borders (v 1)
Global - CS Liberate After Buyout (v 1)
Global - CS Unit Upgrades (v 2)
Global - GA Happiness (v 1)
Global - Grateful Settlers (v 2)
Global - Local Generals (v 2)
Global - Naval Nearest Water (v 2)
Global - No Conquered Allies (v 3)
Global - No Followup From Cities (v 3)
Global - No More Civilian Traffic Jams (v 1)
Global - Passable Forts (v 3)
Global - Pro-rata Buildings Purchase (v 2)
Global - Remove Ghost Routes (v 2)
Global - Venice Keeps Resources (v 1)
Goody Huts - No Auto-Mapping (v 2)
Goody Huts - Tech Refund (v 7)
Improvement - Farm Replacement (v 1)
Improvement - Tunnel (v 3)
Policy - Free Warrior (v 9)
Promotions - All Siege Units Indirect Fire (v 2)
Promotions - Crossovers (v 5)
Promotions - Flagship (v 1)
Promotions - Heli AirRecon (v 6)
Promotions - Jet Long Range Recon (v 3)
Promotions - Terrain Crossing (v 3)
Religion - Recurring Purchase Notify (v 1)
Tech - Satellites Reveal Cities (v 9)
UI - Auto Map Pins (v 4)
UI - City Happiness (v 16)
UI - City Production (v 14)
UI - City Production Queue Enhancements (BNW) (v 4)
UI - Destination (v 3)
UI - Diary (v 18)
UI - Enhanced Demographics (v 6)
UI - Enhanced Rankings (v 13)
UI - Gold Alerts (v 7)
UI - Great Work Manager (v 10)
UI - Map Pins (v 16)
UI - Overlay Antiquities (v 1)
UI - Overlay Barbarians (v 8)
UI - Overlay City Limits (v 8)
UI - Overlay Continents (v 8)
UI - Overlay Luxuries (v 2)
UI - Overlay Resources (v 10)
UI - Overlay Road And Rail (v 9)
UI - Overlay Wonders (v 7)
UI - Promotion Tree (v 14)
UI - Religion Spread (v 13)
UI - Small Resource Icons (v 4)
UI - Summary Clock (v 10)
UI - Summary Luxuries (v 13)
UI - Trade Opportunities (v 26)
UI - Trade Routes Enhancements (v 5)
UI - Unit List Enhancements (v 9)
UI - Upgrade Tree (v 8)
UI - Wonder Planner (v 12)
Units - Cheap Workboats (v 2)
Units - Herdsmen (v 10)
Units - Paratroop Enhancements (v 3)
Units - Pikeman to Musketman (v 2)
Units - Population (v 7)
Units - Starting Scout (v 1)
Units - Visible Trade Units (v 1)

Try remove Global - No More Civilian Traffic Jams (v 1)
If i rememer correct is the problematic mod.

Try remove Global - No More Civilian Traffic Jams (v 1)
If i rememer correct is the problematic mod.

Thanks for the info. I'm merging CSD v23 in the next couple of days and tracking down a "code escape" from that (which is causing everyone to vote for you in the WC) so I'll add this to the list of things to debug.

I suspect the problem is around the fact that because air units have a combat of 0 (being ranged units) the core game code has a tendency to think they are civilians (also a combat of 0), so I'm guessing it's trying to stack the aircraft on the targeted tile rather than attacking it!

Thank you! No More Civilian Traffic Jams does appear to have been the issue.

Started a new game without it; IGE some jet fighters in my 1-pop city and some barbarian archeologists; airstrikes aplenty.

Finding that it's this mod is somewhat bittersweet, as it's one of my favorites and feels, for the most part, like this is how the game was supposed to be (with only military units having the 1UPT rule). Making roads with multiple workers is a pleasant experience with the mod, as opposed to an infuriating bit of tedium without.

However there are a couple other issues with it that I've come across, while you're looking at it:

No More Civilian Traffic Jams:
* Other Civs can settle cities under my combat units.
* Can't capture a city owned by Civ A if there's a civilian from Civ B in the city; without going to war with Civ B.

However there are a couple other issues with it that I've come across, while you're looking at it:

No More Civilian Traffic Jams:
* Other Civs can settle cities under my combat units.
* Can't capture a city owned by Civ A if there's a civilian from Civ B in the city; without going to war with Civ B.

Suggest you report these on the main No More ... thread

I've found and squashed the aircraft attacking cities issue (it'll be in v49), I'll leave the other two as they are not really bugs, just differences in opinion as to how the code/rules should work

WHoward is there a patch we could apply for air strikes while waiting for V49? Thanks......

The only way to patch the DLL is to rebuild and re-release the DLL, so not really :(

What would you think of having forts built on a resource provide those resources to a civilization the same as if a city was built on the resource? What made me think of this when I discovered coal, I had already built a fort on the resource. I now have to built multiple forts and man them in order to get access to the coal as well as other resources that were the original intent of the fort.

I should state I am using Fortress Borders which allow me to control one space around the fort. This has no impact on your mods. Kind of a nice simple mod, keeps AI from building cities where you don't control but don't want their cities and allows access to resources you would not normally have.

I'd like that as well, I'm also using Fortress Borders and sometimes I have to build on a resource to gain access to the ones I want (like coal when there's none around me) so getting the resource you built on would be very nice.

Is there any way to reorder the UI-Summary mods on the top panel into a sequence a user prefers. If not, what decides which one is displayed first from left to right. I do use EUI if that has an effect on the ordering.

For example, SummaryBarbarians_SummaryBarHook.lua

Code:
LuaEvents.SummaryBarAddin({
  id="Barbarians",
  [B][COLOR="Red"]priority=4[/COLOR][/B],
  text="TXT_KEY_BARBARIANS_LIST",
  short="TXT_KEY_BARBARIANS_LIST_SHORT",
  tip=OnGetTooltipHook,
  click=OnClickHook,
})

Thank You for the code snippet. If I understand, the priority would be ascending order that is... 1,2,3,4,etc... where 1 is the far left and higher priorities to the right. Did I get that correct?

Just finished trying the code. My assumption was backwards. Everything is ordered right to left so priority=1 is the far right. Posted this so others would know. My apologies for the back to back posts.

Everything is ordered right to left ...
Because the bar grows from the date/turn/help/menu entries towards the middle, not from the end of the resources

Top Bottom