Why is North America richer than Latin America?

I've heard the term "Germanic peoples" or "Germanic tribes", which include the Franks, used frequently enough as a catch-all term for the Germanic-speaking peoples in pre-Medieval times.
Ah - "Germanic-speaking". So if the French don't speak a language in the Germanic sub-branch - and, last I checked, they don't - they don't qualify as "Germanic", do they?

"Germanic" - the word Cheezy used - is only a linguistic term. There is no such thing as "Germanic" blood. There is no such thing as a "Germanic" race. There is no such thing as "Germanic" culture - and if there were, the Salian Franks wouldn't have subscribed to it, let alone the French.

Unless you're discussing elves or Wookiees, "race" doesn't enter into the equation.

Contextually, it wasn't a joke. And even then, the French weren't part of the Aryan mythos, by most formulations of same.

I was unaware that anyone took Godwynn's "inferior French-Canadians" remark seriously, and thus any response to it seriously.

They do it in Scotland and Northern England, too. It's the mark of a civilised/barbarous people, delete as you see fit.

What does that mean?

It means he's not very good and you shouldn't put too much weight on his opinions. Also he gets invoked by some new poster here every couple months or so...he's like Gavin Menzies in that respect.

It means he's not very good and you shouldn't put too much weight on his opinions. Also he gets invoked by some new poster here every couple months or so...he's like Gavin Menzies in that respect.
They censor curse words, and then let you say something like this about a guy? :p

Gavin Menzies is a god. No one is comparable. He's the one discovered and told us the truth about China and the flying ships, as well as the [redacted]

At this point, it seems to be becoming a question of who doesn't put gravy on fries. The freaks. :mischief:

Wait but Jared Diamond actually backs up his words with proof and logic, that's a terrible insult. Also no one uses Gavin Menzies to teach, whereas Jared Diamond is actually used in classrooms.

They censor curse words, and then let you say something like this about a guy? :p

:lol::lol:

Gavin Menzies is a god. No one is comparable. He's the one discovered and told us the truth about China and the flying ships, as well as the [redacted]

Hilarious

Wait but Jared Diamond actually backs up his words with proof and logic, that's a terrible insult. Also no one uses Gavin Menzies to teach, whereas Jared Diamond is actually used in classrooms.

More a testament to high school teachers' inability to recognize hack writing than they see it, rather than veracity of Diamond's good scholarship, really.

This sounds interesting, but can you give me actual reasons why Jared Diamond's theories fail?

Top Bottom