1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is sexuality not allowed in the game, but violence is A-ok?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Laura, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

As was pointed out there were many things already in C2C that fit what Laura was on about, just not many in the new Prehistoric Era then added. Don't forget Zappara was from the Baltic region, Finland if I remember correctly, people from there have a different "world view". Heck even in Australia we look at the US of A as being a little "prudish" or backward on some things.:D

I probably said I called myself a Buddhist to keep the American (mostly US of A) missionaries off my back. :lol: At the time I lived between a Mormon family on one side and a Jehovah's Witnesses family on the other! Plus at that time I knew a lot of Buddhists, they have a great sense of humour.

Harrier likes this.
  2. tmv

tmv Emperor

That is one point (and I think the psychological connection is still strong with our stone-age brains). The other one is that the connection to procreation is the very reason for the taboo, I think.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That plays a role, yes. Going back to social structures and how it plays a role, it's much less likely to create inner conflict if the Father is clearly known so 'hanky panky' complicates and can erode the bond in a social group and thus disintegrate trust and cohesion and challenge overall survival. But then the species motivates to explore other genetic opportunities so as to diversify and attempt to find the strongest possible next generation, thus it seeks to enforce that successful competition be rewarded. I could go on and on... the point is that there are a LOT of self-conflicting factors and motives in the programming we have in our minds regarding sexuality because it IS about species propagation and strengthening, adaptation and survival. It's so damned complicated and leads to tremendous opportunities for embarrassment which few of us get through life without experiencing. It can, alone, be the breeze against our houses of cards politically and can topple empires, while also being that which forms eternal bonds that ensure success for families and nations alike. It is not a small matter.

And then on top of all that there are diseases to contend with. There's no simple rules that can be established regarding this subject. Most of the time, our minds find it easier to avoid thinking too deeply on the matter.

4. tmv

tmv Emperor

And those "involved" in such a manner are incredible vulnerable against outside attack. I think that is the reason why even wild animals usually try to get some privacy first.

Fun fact: I have read somewhere that in such "open" societies you usually have two different words for "uncle", because the nearest male relative that you are sure about is you mother's brother.

Raven Destroyer likes this.
  5. Harrier

Harrier Deity

With the USA, you have to be careful. Many years ago, I made what I thought was an innocent post. The backlash I got was unbelievable. To this day I still get some spam I can not stop. .

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That and it can invoke the ire of the others in the social collective because they are given to feel a strong sense of competition for the affections of desired mating partners. AKA, it can start a very major fight simply because someone else is gettin' along with the one you wanna get along with.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Dang this thread is like a dog shaking a dead skunk. The funk goes every where! :shake: And it's 5 year old funk at that!!!:rolleyes: Let the dead skunk lie in peace will ya?!:nuke:

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I know it was a subject that wasn't even allowed to be discussed on TV in your generation. I watch classic TV shows a lot... they steer clear of it like the plague. Things have changed greatly on that level my friend and its a good thing it has too because we people have needed to understand this rather than ignore it like its something of an embarrassment just to have it be discussed.

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Please stop trying to "educate me". And please stop acting like I'm deaf dumb and blind too. Very patronizing and very disrespectful as well. Watching "old TV shows" is Not a good base to stand on.

I apologize T-brd. I'm just tired of lectures at my age.

Now I wish there was an Ignore option for thread notifications!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  10. Acularius

Acularius King

THere should be a 'Unwatch thread' option near the top. It's pretty small though and rather unnoticeable.

11. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

How do we request that a moderator close this topic?

12. Enchanteur

Enchanteur Warlord

It's true than prostitution is considered as the "oldest job in the history". I don't know about reality of this during prehistoric age, but there is something nice to do with that.
    And for LGBTPZQDPD rights, it could be a good weapon for destroying others enemys from the inside as do criminality, and as do usuals methods of subversion of the basics of a society (family in this case). As a whole, things called "progressism" and used in the past by KGB officers as a method of destabilisation, and remarquably well used now by "others" powers.

13. tmv

tmv Emperor

:thumbsup:

14. Septimius

Septimius Warlord

Heh! Quite the zombie! Actually older than the Walking Dead series XD

I honestly have a problem building the harem everytime, but that low production price and one gold is just too damn important.

Also great thread! Please let it die in peace :D

15. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Moderator Action: Necromancy is not permitted on CFC. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.