Why is Siam always the biggest empire in my games?

Grapa

Warlord
Every single one, even with Random Personalities enabled. Siam is always huge, and always loves to pick off and destroy everything around it. It's either Siam, Iroquois, Russia or Egypt. Yet China, Songhai, Spain and Greece almost never have big empires. China had a whole continent to itself and placed THREE cities the entire time. Three! Finally Germany just sailed on over and took the rest of it before destroying China.

It's weird.

Yeah, theres been a lot of talk of Siam always dominating. It's because of three factors in my opinion:

1. Their Unique ability gives them bonus' to city states, so not only will Siam get more food per city state, it's ai will typically buy more than other civs, getting even greater food and therefore become exponentially power.

Now, even though like you said you had random personalities on, it still doesn't stop Siam from getting the flat bonus, without buying up all the city states.

2. Their Unique unit is extremely powerful, especially when steamrolling other AIs.

3. Their Unique building encourages a lot of science growth, synergized with their UA, they typically have a tech lead over other AIs, and when it comes to AI combat, out-teching is everything, especially when they crack their above Unique unit out quickly and dominate their neighbors.

In short, no other civ has so many synergies, especially at the AI level. Siam is the reason alone I never do random civs, and the one and only civ I never include into a game. I don't mind the challenge, i'm just sick of the Siam superpower every game.

Each leader will have a preferential policy and those that choose liberty will expand faster than those that choose tradition.

The most powerful empire in the game should be the United States, their UA should give them 50% more output of food, gold and production. By 1940 we get a 500% production output for military units mixed in with the best promotions and a huge deficit that slowly eats science away.

Why does eygypt allways dominate? They always seem more expanisive in my games, its bizzare. There ua and uu if anything would make eygypt be smaller and less expansive

I take back what I said about Spain. They're absolutely massive in my current game. I blocked off Ramkhamheng's territory so now he's really tiny. :crazyeye:

Never seen it in person before, though I have heard of it. For some odd reason, Siam usually ends up being my first target when I'm going for a domination victory. As for Egypt, I've never seen them dominate before. In fact, they're insanely isolationist in the games I play, and that's usually how I play as them. Wonder spamming FTW.

In my last game Siam had only two cities but they were very big.

You're racist for asking this question.

??

OT: I never seen him do that good. One time he did decent, but was really overshadowed by a Germany taking his whole super continent to himself. In my current game he was just a one city nation while not being nearly as successful as being a one city nation as the Iroquois, who held number 1 population for the longest time and still hold 2nd. Siam recently plopped some cities on a nearby island and the edge of his empire but nothing to lift him from the lowest ranking by far in the game.

I've noticed this too. England usually doesn't have too much of a tech lead, but she always overexpands and produces an undefeatable army if not dealt with quickly.

What? After reading these forum for the past few months, I think it's safe to conclude everybody's computer seems to run the AI differently.

England is always expanding way too fast and never improving cities fast enough, but the Queen certainly fails on the military side of things. I've yet to see her put on a good show. I just conquered her as Augustus Ceasar. Around turn 250 she had maybe 3-4 military units. I took all 3 of her cities in about 10 turns.

Realy, its all random how the civs act. Sure there is a "basic" set of flavours for each civ but they change at random to keep the game fresh.

Top Bottom