Why is Vichy France included but not Free French forces led by Charles de Gaulle?

Nolan08

Warlord
It's not only historically accurate, but I think it would solve the problem that I experience frequently, and that's a deadlock between the Axis and Allied Powers.

Free French Forces did not tip the scales of the theater of war in the East, but they were extremely influential on the Western Theater of WWII. In fact, they were just behind Russia, America, and the United Kingdom in active military personnel during the war.

If you want to add the free french just go into world builder in about 1942 with regular french forces outside normandy for a simulation or make paris culturally flip frome german to regular french and add a few extra tanks, artillery, and improved/advanced infantry. I have tried this multiple times to simulate the free french forces as they recaptured the country of france

After the fall of France in June, 1940 the Free French controlled only French Equatorial Africa. While until 1942 they fought in the Ethiopian, Egyptian and Lybian campaign and succeeded in liberating Syria and Lebanon from Vichy France in 1941, their initial territory might be somewhat difficult to represent on the main map (they also had no capital, as De Gaulle "resided" in London).

Can't France just be vasallized by the Axis rather than form a new civ. Unfortunately, France's colonies get cramped, especially in Indochina and Syria, by giving them to a new civ (Vichy France).

I see the "Free French" a bit like the "Poles", who formed units under allied commands. I may add them to my unit lists.

As to borders. Borders in Civ a Cultural strength borders not polictical.

As to being a Vassal, that is possibility. But like the South-East Europeans it is better if they have some form of independence. e.g. one of them, I believe swapped sides later in the war.

Top Bottom