Why Most Americans Consider Soccer Girly

Football is girly? That comes from the same people who wear helmets, body armour, protective gear, etc. etc. etc so that they won't break a nail.:lol:

Football is girly? That comes from the same people who wear helmets, body armour, protective gear, etc. etc. etc so that they won't break a nail.:lol:

Would you like to try to play that game without pads?

As you can see, I'm an extreme lurker, but I peruse the forums at work from time to time and just had to post on this topic and wanted to reply to a couple o things.

To those who don't like the breaks in action of (American) football or baseball, soccer often has breaks. Free kicks after fouls, throw ins, etc. During these times, the defense and offense will get to set up a play. This makes for interesting strategy. Football just happens to do this every play.
The strategy and the playcalling are what makes football fun for me.
Civ is like that too, a turn based strategy game.

as for the baseball world champions, MLB teams have played NPB (Japanese) teams in exhibitions pretty regularly and I want to say they have beaten them most of the time but I'm not sure of that off the top of my head.
There has been an Asian championship in the bast few years where the league champions from Taiwan, S. Korea and Japan plus the Chinese national team play a short tournament. Japan has won every time so I would like to think the MLB teams can beat them but it would be nice to see the winners of the Asian championships play the "World" champions of MLB.
However, I don't think the MLB player's association would go for it.

The MLB invites the rest of the world to play, but they decline, so....
Anyway, most americans probably consider soccer girly or kiddie because most stop playing it after middle or high school.

Soccer is girlish? Don´t let our national german women´s team hear that. Two times wordchampion and two times European Champions in a row. And what do they say? A true lesbian plays soccer because it is everything but girlish. But maybe if we go far back in history, you could be right. At one point in history the descion had to be made: To play the sport with hands or feet. The Dandys from Oxford, who liked to have clean hands, voted for feet only. The result of the debate was the following: the sport divided into nowadays sport soccer and rugby. So don´t blame us for loving this sport, blame the dandy´s from Oxford.

Soccer is girlish? Don´t let our national german women´s team hear that. Two times wordchampion and two times European Champions in a row. And what do they say? A true lesbian plays soccer because it is everything but girlish. But maybe if we go far back in history, you could be right. At one point in history the descion had to be made: To play the sport with hands or feet. The Dandys from Oxford, who liked to have clean hands, voted for feet only. The result of the debate was the following: the sport divided into nowadays sport soccer and rugby. So don´t blame us for loving this sport, blame the dandy´s from Oxford.

I thought it was their lack of space for playing the other Football code, you know, rugby?

:lol::lol::lol: that's true. i always have to lol when i see these wimps

No, it´s okay to wear this stuff. Just imagine how much weight the average football player puts on the scale. 150 Kg and more. And the average soccerplayer? 65 kg? To be a good footballplaer it helps if you have the statue of a grizzlybear. To be a good soccerplayer you rather look like Ronaldo
(He looks like a malemodel but is willing to put his head where it hurts). In football you only need one player who can read and speak. Advantage football.

Top Bottom