Why would the governor work tiles like this?

DigitalBoy

Emperor
On occasion I've seen the governor assign population in such a way that resulted in less overall production, but this is the first time I've seen something quite like this. The governor ignores riverside farms in favor of river-nonadjacent farms. That's just less commerce for no benefit whatsoever. Dropping the slider to 70% for some reason causes the citizen automation to work the riverside farms again. Dropping it to 60% makes it swap back to the non-riverside farms.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
You have the focus set on production, the hammer is lit up in the minimenu. Thus the gov goes for the most hammers and most 'productive' tiles, which is why the full loaf is farmed but not the slice and two hammers.If you want food focus, set the emphasis on food via clicking the loaf in the minimenu.

You have the focus set on production, the hammer is lit up in the minimenu. Thus the gov goes for the most hammers and most 'productive' tiles, which is why the full loaf is farmed but not the slice and two hammers.If you want food focus, set the emphasis on food via clicking the loaf in the minimenu.

That is not what he is talking about. It is the three tiles with three food and nothing else (two north and one west) being worked instead of two of them being the two east tiles with three food and one commerce each.

I don't know why the governor does this but I have seen it many times. So, I always check cities when they grow and never trust the governor to get anything right.

I have the :food:-icon lit up nearly 100% of the time (also, sometimes :commerce:). Then the governor does a decent job.

Most annoying in my experience is when it overrides what you've set it to. Usually for me that is: I set :gp:, but it works a mine instead or something. Or vice versa, perhaps even worse: when it works a :gp: instead of a tile when I've set it for :hammers:, and then my :gp: pool gets muffed up!

I'm often disappointed unless I micromanage each time a city grows. I definitely enjoy the notification setting when a city is about to grow / grows (think that's part of a mod?), but when you start to get a lot more cities those notifications blur. What would be really helpful is a setting that would pull up a city whenever it grows, just like when it completes building something. Because, yeah, it's mystifying to me when it does explicitly not what you've set it to do.:wallbash:

Babysit your core cities, set the rest to wealth and keep hitting the space bar :scan:

I definitely enjoy the notification setting when a city is about to grow / grows (think that's part of a mod?)......

That would be BUG Mod.

Top Bottom