Win Rate Data - Please post your games' results here!

Agreed - I'm fine with the current theme, I just wish it were better implemented.
I prefer, for example, JFD's version of Egypt where you can a production rush every time you capture a capital. It wouldn't be balanced in CBP I think, but it's a more consistent bonus.

Most UAs/UUs/UB in the mod ARE overcrowded, I don't think it's a particular problem to Egypt. It comes from balance issues. (Compare how simple they are in vanilla vs CBP... you have three times the lines of text.)

Note to the boss: I have no logs -sorry!-, but completing the Manhattan Project first did not grant me a nuke (I already had a public school). Neither did completing the Order policy granting %GP generation and a Great Engineer give me the GE.

Just throwing that out there.

I'll see if I can condense the Egypt UA text a bit. Meanwhile, the Spaceflight Pioneers policy is untouched by the CBP, so not sure why that didn't work for you. I don't actually know which tenet you are talking about (As the %GP generation one gives you a GP of your choice, not a GE).

G

Civ: Brazil
Victory Type: Culture
Relative Rank: standard ( king)
Had Research Agreements active. Played Std speed on Communitas map. Used CPP 2/17 Beta and ExCE.
Outcome: walk in the park, all the AI were friendly with me and wanted open boarders

Had some Jungle Tiles around and only settled 3 Cities. No one really settled near me, so no boarder tension. Took Tradition into Aesthetics and only had time to take some Rationalism. Fell behind early on in Science, kinda came back in w/ School of Philosophy. Physics is really nice with the +2 Culture to Brazil Wood Camps. After that I beelined the Chichen Itza. Grand Temple, Cultural Exhanges, a natural GA, and Rationalism Opener kept in a constant GA till I was Influential with everyone.

Attachments

• 2016-02-22_00009.jpg
    2016-02-22_00009.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 2016-02-22_00007.jpg
    2016-02-22_00007.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 2016-02-22_00012.jpg
    2016-02-22_00012.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 2016-02-22_00013.jpg
    2016-02-22_00013.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 2016-02-22_00014.jpg
    2016-02-22_00014.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 2016-02-22_00017.jpg
    2016-02-22_00017.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 68
I'll see if I can condense the Egypt UA text a bit. Meanwhile, the Spaceflight Pioneers policy is untouched by the CBP, so not sure why that didn't work for you. I don't actually know which tenet you are talking about (As the %GP generation one gives you a GP of your choice, not a GE).

G

Just verified - Hero of the People: GP% rate increased by 25%. GE appears near your capital. Tier 1.

Either way, I didn't get a GP of my choice either!

(I'm playing with the latest beta modpack, btw. If that changes anything.)

Just verified - Hero of the People: GP% rate increased by 25%. GE appears near your capital. Tier 1.

I tested it 5 seconds ago and it worked exactly like it says it should work.

Modpack? That's probably it. I don't know why the modpack breaks some policy freebies, but it does. Also, keep in mind that Lynnes takes away the popups for 'choose your own GP' and replaces them with static things. I'd let him know that it is not working properly.

G

Modpack? That's probably it. I don't know why the modpack breaks some policy freebies, but it does. Also, keep in mind that Lynnes takes away the popups for 'choose your own GP' and replaces them with static things. I'd let him know that it is not working properly.

G

OK, thanks!

Not sure what you mean by "standard", can you please use one of the categories I detailed in the opening post?

Request: can you add a "CBP Version" to the required info? That'd help me a lot (sometimes bugs/quirks appear here that are already fixed).

G

Civilization: Portugal
Victory Type: Culture
Relative Rank: Competitive (Immortal)
Outcome: Walk in the park
Version: 17/2

Probably my most peaceful game ever. Dureing the whole game, I had only one war with a major civ, which was only phony (however a CS ally of my enemy came very close to capture a city).
I spawned in a corner of a large continent. A mountain range and a CS blocked me nicely from all the rest, so I decided to turtle in my corner rather than expanding into the middle. I only had room for 7 cities, wich is the lowest number I ever had i civ. Later I took a CS as my 8th city. It had a Feitoria, and with a GG I could grab the Feitorio of a neighbouring CS as well, so it was a very nice city.
The rest of the game was a huge lovefest - At times I had declaration of friendship with all 11 other civilisations. I had the money to make constant research agreements with all of them. Since my traderoutes were never in danger (I lost like 3 during the whole game) I got a boatload (about a dozend) of GAs, which were all chashed in for luxuries. Also I put Feitorias in every possible place, so I was literary drowning in happines.
After the great artifact grabbing, all civs except two were passively overwhelmed, and GM bombs took care of the two culture runaways.
The funniest thing of this game was that, although half of the civs were on my continent, I was the only of us to found. So my religion spread over the whole continent, without me even trying.

2/13 Version

Human Vassalage on. RAs no tech trading. Resources revealed. City distance back to 3. Huge 18 36 Shuffle (Pangaea). Marathon speed. No time victory. France changed to the Palais building from Enginseer's mods in an SQL plus the text he was kind enough to write for me to get rid of the Chateau. Nap only got to build this building in the tundra cities I let him keep tho.

Aztecs
Domination Victory, or close enough. 18 is too many, and I really really want to try these new CS quests. Plus I haven't even had a chance yet to try the remade flavors from a week or so ago. Sejong put up an overall game strong enough that I owed him a proper elim, the 3 or 4 civs I passed by to trek to him really didn't.
Emperor (Is between difficulties a choice? Compat if not)
Walk in the Park

As I said in the pantheon thread, I built up a ton of faith from God of War and the UA, and used Zealotry to acquire all the units I could ever need. When did Zealotry get changed such that every unit costs the same? Kinda weird having Jaguars and Heavy Skirms at the same price. Six upgraded Jaguars that eventually had every promo and a medley of ranged units (so excited mounted archers are good again!) picked off empires one by one, while Knights and such defended my core.

Floating Gardens (made sure to put all my cities on rivers, if the AI filled in an empty space, hey, free Imperium Culture for me), Dominance policy, and the Scholarship belief kept me neck and neck with Korea in science, and decently ahead of everyone else. With vassalage back to being not that complicated to get, one decent city razed and a capital take, I never had happiness issues. Gonna play a peacefulish game to try these quests and then its another go at Immortal mostlike.

Older Games I remember enough about winning to try reporting
*played these sometime over half a year ago +/- a bit when I had a week of free time and it is at least a version that old if not one I had installed previously before this and just never tried playing.

Game: 1 - first attempt playing mod
Civ: China
Map: Pangea, Huge, 12+ civs, 30+ city states, Marthan, Emperor
Rank: Easier, tended to play immortal/deity in base game but was first time playing mod
Victory: Cultural
Outcome/info: Walk in the Park. Their UA and a good start position + Progress combined with a strong early religion the +food per citizen and the +all yields on growth gave me the largest single city and several other cities larger than most players capitals. Was quite pleased with the UA and really enjoyed my first game of the mod.Could have won any victory type I chose to. Also there was a bug where I was getting excessive amounts of great diplomats every 1-3 turns so I had almost every embassy and every city state as mine.

Game: 2 - second game attempted playing mod - still learning
Civ: Arabia
Map: Pangea, Huge, 12+ civs, 30+ city states, Marthan, Emperor
Victory: Diplomatic
Outcome/info: Compatible, even with still learning the mod It was easy just not as easy as the china game. I really enjoyed desert roads and trade route optimization I was able to set up. Couldn’t get 1-2 of the civs for culture victory and was able to win from the excessive amounts of great diplomats every 1-3 turns so I had almost every embassy and every city state as mine. Could have guaranteed a science victory as well.

Game: 3 - third game attempting to play mod - mostly learned so was fairly easy at this difficulty
Civ: Carthage
Map: Continents, Huge, 12+ civs, 30+ city states, Marthan, Emperor
Victory: Cultural
Outcome/info: Walk in the Park, their UA + the right religion traits (+all yields on growth + gold on new city following+buy great people with faith) + progress + opener for industry I had more gold than i could Spend even when max reducing cost for buildings and buying units in almost every city almost every turn. The second and third strongest civs were the ones that managed to steal 20+k gold from me a few times. I was founding cities with missionaries EVERYWHERE on the map, fighting wars against 2-3 players at a time to take and raze their cities to ICS my new ones. Throwing bought units at city states to get allies. In the process I built up enough tourism to win after trouncing the last 2 players I hadn’t been able to overawe with my tourism.

Games 4-XX
Played a lot of starts that I never finished - kept being busy and new versions would come out and I’d update the mod and be unable to continue older games. Nothing noteworthy other than mayans and poland still kinda OP and ethiopia is kind of amazing!!

February 13 version

Game: XX+1
Civ: Arabia
Map: marathon Deity game on huge pangea map size with 15 civs and 40 ish city states
Victory: Diplomacy
Outcome/info: Challenge *** Had a very resource heavy starting location (**Note I restart on bad starts if I don't like my start location.) But even so I was recovering from behind the first ½ of the game. I stole workers, leveled up units on city states, found a few good huts, focused on city state quests and historic events. I tend to focus on getting a religion asap and wonders to do with great people/religion which themselves synergies quite well with the UA. Over the game I got just over 200 historic events which means 40 extra or at least faster gained great people. Felt like every tile around my capital was a GPT by the end. Aesthetics + archaeologists spam + freedom +great person spam chain was ridiculous and snowballed very hard in the last ½ of the game. Had every city state in the game at 400+ standing And won a diplomatic victory (I generally turn tourism victory off since it's too easy and I always focus culture with my play style). Could have won any victory type - I was ahead in science and nuked every non vassal/allied city in the game a few turns from my guaranteed diplo victory. I have never had that much culture in a game before. I had everything but Autocracy, industry, and piety maxed but i had an opener and 1-2 in each of those. Overall I like it alot but it does feel strong and it can snowball quite hard in the later game. But that being said it was a TON of fun and I felt like I was playing my own minigame inside the game. Also things to note - Mongolia and Japan friended me early in the game and had been denounced by EVERYONE else for warmongering including each other by mid game. Japan conquered Huns and England and Mongolia conquered China (lolz) and Russia (more lolz) and they were the top rated civs most of the game. I was the opposite side of the landmass from both of them and managed to have a defensive pact/declaration of friendships with one or the other most of the mid game and into the late game which kept me from getting in many wars so I was able to focus on buildings/expansion/archaeologists. The Iroquois declared war on Mongolia at some point in the later game and (me by proxy) and after losing HARD to Mongolia they let me vassal them :)

This was fun, complex, challenging, and had an amazing emergent unique gameplay situation based on the AI behavior/positioning/etc. This is probably the best single player civ 5 game I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Thank you soooooo much for all your work guys.

Will add an Aztec deity marathon game write up here after I go check some reloaded saves from my last game and was never able to finish my Deity Venice game but would have lost and will likely write that up too.

I’m Emperor Level on BNW and after testing several games, I’ve learned I’m also Emperor Level on CBP. My first few games were Prince/King because I was learning the new system. All these civilizations were randomly chosen and I usually play Communitas (sometimes Tectonics or PerfectWorld), Standard or Epic speed, Standard or Large map. Always with raging barbarians and Barbarian Spawn Increase mod.

Game #1
Civilization – Venice
Victory Type – Domination :c5war:
Relative Rank – Easier (Prince)
Outcome – Walk in the Park
CBP Version – 1/23
Additional Info – This was my first game of CBP. Venice was really easy at this level, even though I didn’t really know the new CBP rules very well. It was a walk in the park throughout most of the game and I was easily the most powerful civ in the game. Even though I had been very peaceful, all the AI thought of me as a warmonger and they were constantly declaring war on me around the Industrial Era and onward. I was in the lead throughout the game, so I’ll call it a walk in the park, but trying to protect all my trade routes while constantly at war in the Modern Era was a chore.

Game #2
Civilization – The Inca
Victory Type – Defeat :c5unhappy:
Relative Rank – Easier (King)
Outcome – Defeat (AI Poland won)
CBP Version – 1/23
Additional Info – I was playing this game with raging barbarians on Quick speed. I found the barbarian hordes were unfair because both of my neighbouring CS allies were overrun with new hordes of barbarians that appeared with 1-2 turns left in the quest. I had >200 influence with both when they were overrun (mostly from killing barbarians during the horde quest, but also had good relations prior to that). Later I sent in armies to liberate both CS but only had ~70 influence with them. Then Poland sent in his envoys to take away my allies and they declared war on me so I was fighting both CS that I had put so much effort into earlier. After the wars ended, my cities were undeveloped from so much focus on fighting and I fell way behind. Poland eventually won a science victory.

Game #3
Civilization – United States of America
Victory Type – Cultural :tourism:
Relative Rank – Easier (King)
CBP Version – 1/23
Additional Info – After the disaster of game #2, I found this game really easy. From now on I’m permanently moving up a difficult level because I know how to play the CBP (reasonably well, anyway). The Huns, Celts, English and Germans shared an island with me, but none of them attacked me until the Industrial Era. I did get into wars with The Inca and Babylon on the other continent and beat them. Then England declared war on me despite being way being in technology. Eventually I made peace with everyone and won an easy cultural victory.

Game #4
Civilization – Songhai
Victory Type – Diplomacy :c5citystate:
Relative Rank – Compatible (Emperor)
Outcome – Challenge
CBP Version – 2/17 beta
Additional Info – I crushed India and Greece early in the game and built lots of CS alliances through quests, (especially the barbarian horde kind) and liberations. Eventually I made CS alliances my key focus and won a diplomatic victory. I found the Mandekalu Cavalry extremely powerful in the horde quests. They often wiped out barbarians in one shot, and doing that repeatedly gave me huge CS influence, culture and science.

Game #5
Civilization – Indonesia
Victory Type – Defeat :c5unhappy:
Outcome – Defeat (AI Morocco won)
CBP Version – 2/24 beta
Additional Info – I started on a large snow/tundra island with Mongolia and England (PerfectWorld large map with 10 civs). There were lots of CS on the island, especially in the southern snowy parts. I decided to build lots of academies, holy sites, manufactories and towns on my tundra and snow tiles to keep them useful. Plus my nutmeg, cloves and pepper were often in the tundra, which turned them into semi-useful tiles. Elizabeth was going to put a settler right in the middle of my civilization so I declared war on her and killed the settler (the diplo penalty wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be). I burned two of her cities and expanded my empire a bit. Genghis declared war on me, so I made peace with Liz, and then he and I had an epic thousand-year war. I liberated 4 snow-bound city-states (treacherous fighting – only 1 tile per turn for most units on that terrain), then conquered 2 of his cities. Everything was going well, but then when I met the civs that were on the other continents, I learned that Morocco had a higher score than Mongolia and myself combined. Endless warfare with Genghis made it hard for me to catch up to Morocco, and the Mongols continuously refused to negotiate peace. For what seemed like hundreds of turns, I lost track! I really enjoyed playing Indonesia though. I wish I had played Epic rather than Standard because my units were often obsolete by the time they reached the front lines of battle because of all the slow, snow tiles. I didn’t get to use my Kris swordsmen as much as I would have liked.

Game #6
Civilization – The Huns
CBP Version – 2/24 beta
Additional Info – Raging barbarians and “God of War” pantheon are almost an OP combination – I was the 2nd civ to get a religion and I wasn’t even trying. If I get The Huns again I’ll try a different pantheon to see how it compares balance-wise. I built 3 horse archers, 3 horses, while my original warriors recruited about 8 barbarian arches, 4 brutes and 3 axemen. My army steamrolled Ethiopia, then Spain declared war on me and I crushed them ruthlessly. The steamroller continued on and on and it was never a challenge.

Civilization – Netherlands
Victory Type – Cultural :tourism:
CBP Version – 1/23
Additional Info - Epic speed, communitas map. I was bottom of the barrel until mid renassaince, when my polders started to take off. Thought it was very strange that my neighbor Elizabeth decided to backstab me with a denounce, making herself many enemies, and yet waited until I had a strong army to declare war on me. I was making too much gold and culture. I had finished Progress, Aesthetics and Industry by early industrial era.

Civilization – Mongolia
CBP Version – 1/23
Additional Info - Epic speed, communitas map. I dominated Buodicca, managed to snatch two workers and a settler form her in the ancient era and forced her into vassalage. Mounted archers are incredible, however i noticed that Curaissers don't get the unique mongolian promotion when built or bought from cities, only my veterans had it. Probably a bug.

Civilization – Japan
Victory Type – Didn't get to choose.
Outcome – Defeat.
CBP Version – 1/23
Additional Info - Epic speed, communitas map. Spawned with Rome as my neighbor, they were spamming wonders, forward settled me even though I declared war on them early to prevent it, I couldn't fight the masses of legions they tossed at me. Gave up after losing Kyoto. The Samurai ability didn't seem to help much, it was pretty rare to see it give more than 10% CS, very underwhelming.

Civilization – Polynesia
Victory Type – Cultural :tourism: .
Outcome – Walk in the park.
CBP Version – 1/23
Additional Info - Epic speed, communitas map, managed to get the rock of gibraltar and the great barrier reef in the classical era which is huge, plus lots of ruins, but i imagine that's common for polynesia.

Okay, finally got my first CBP game (and actually my second ever) done from start to finish (played lots of games on vanilla and CBP, but every single of them were unfinished).

Civilization - Korea

Victory Type - Science

Relative Rank - Easier (Chieftain, tried very low difficulties so I can get used to the changes)

Outcome - Walk in the Park

CBP Version - 1/23

Map: Communitas, Large (12 Civs, 24 CSs, Low sea level)

Other settings: Epic pace, Time and Diplomatic victories off, No vassalage

Additional Info - I was leading in science throughout the whole game. Tactic was to plop as many academies and manufactories as possible. I completed that task, but my neighbour Maya were plotting on me, so I decided to take 3 of their cities and leave them with only 3 left. But, after they asked for peace treaty I thought: hey, why not wipe them out completely? So I took their 2 remaining cities on our continent and after a while their last city on some small island. When I took all of their cities on continent, some civs like my sworn friend Austria got pissed and started war with me, but didn't do anything significant, so we decided to stop this nonsense and became friends again. Brazil declared war on me as well, but really just sent one single knight against my army of guns and cannons. However, after wiping Pacal out of that world, most of civs and CSs started to hate me. Later I decided to destroy Rome's city which they put right beneath my empire (they were on completely other continent). After declaring war to Rome, almost all of City-States and my very, VERY close friend Boudicca (Celts) declared war on me at once. Boudicca was my ally against Pacal all this time and we shared many interests, so I was pissed. I just decided to protect my empire and after building bigger army I managed to save my lands and Celts (my biggest threat with the biggest army) asked for peace. I agreed since I wanted to play peacefully the rest of the game. This war took me around 3-4 hours to end! I even managed to capture Glasgow while Celts took one city of my own. Late game was quite peaceful, since I tried to maintain my army so I would be feared. In the end I achieved science victory.

]Civilization – Indonesia
Victory Type – Science
Relative Rank – Compatible (Deity)
CBP Version – bêta 2/24
Additional Info - Epic speed, communitas map. Raging Barbarians
Lucky game, one of my neighbours was Venice so more room to colonize. strange starting location, desert in the West, Desert+little island in the East, Strange narrow peninsula in the south, so my first cities were settled to the north right next Aztec player, so i prepared for war, well used time, cuz few turns later aztecs DOW me. With terracota army + statue of zeus build for the Aztecs i was really on the defensiv but i had a lot of horses, and in this ancient/start of classical war horsemen did the difference for me! After a lot of units dead for him i could make peace with aztecs even if i think he could win the war on the long term !
then he declared the war on polynesia and was crushed totally ... so no more aztecs and even more rooms to settle !
The UA and UB is impressiv i could really early on spam cities with and maintain positiv happiness.
I end the game with 17 cities and none of them was captured (or razed then ressettled) Just f*cking 17 natural cities ! I was in peace the whole game (giving some pepper or luxury to my neighboor to bribe their friendship if necessary but not to much better selling them !)

Just at the end of the game i could not declare the war on venice (i wanted to try my nuclear missile :'( ) Any idea why ?(i was unable to click on declare war)

]Civilization – Egypt
Victory Type – Cultural
Relative Rank – Compatible (Immortal)
Outcome – Walk in the Park/Compatible
CBP Version – bêta 2/24
Additional Info - Epic speed, communitas map. Raging Barbarians
Description of my game :
Strange start, only 1 ruin found but 3 cities state found first (religious cultural + maritime and i could be friend with them for few turn cuz they were friendly)) so early belief + policies and faster lvl up on my capital !
Then with the new lovely quest system 2 cities states wanted to go war on each other and i really had to try my UU :D so a lot of recompense for me (and boost production in my capital). Then i was quite difficult in the early game cuz arabia and askia DOW me (but i managed to never be at war with them at the same time) i survived and then in the end of the classical make me snowball even if i could not win the war.... just by killing units with the UB i was on perma Golden Age from the start of the mediaval till the end of the game, that was quite absurd....
we were 4 on our continent and Attila in the opposite corner did the job for me by DOW arabia and Askia so i could have some relief even take some cities (Puppeting them for no culture malus). and when we were only 2 left on the continent (attila and me) we had peace for a time, until he DOW me but i was a little before in tech, and becuz i was at war since the ancient era i had some units with a lot of experience (pikeman with 2 healing promotions+ march + cover2, few skimisher with +1 range double attack +march) and i really did the difference.

2/24 Version

Human Vassalage on. RAs no tech trading. Resources revealed. City distance back to 3. Large 12 24 Shuffle (Continents). Marathon speed. No time victory. Ice Free Coasts.

Dutch
Culture Victory
Emperor (Compatible, particularly because I rarely play Progress)
Challenge, esp since the glitch I mentioned on git helped me more than hurt. Btw it happened only once more out of like 20 after I posted.

For quite a long time I played mostly nice and peaceful. Had to go to war a little because I started inland. Picked Ashie because I'm used to him being an easy target. He still wasn't a terror, but he put up a solid fight this time at least. I got Assur eventually, but it took til getting range on my archers.

At the mid Ren I think I could have played peaceful and won the way that's now been stamped out-growth to science thru Grocers. And maybe I should have, to practice. But what's the value of practice when the game has been fundamentally changed? And I really wanted to try Sea Beggars, and I had Cannons before anyone could do anything about that. So I conquered everyone left on my continent of 8 besides Ethiopia. Left him well alive (even liberating his cities) because he'd gone missionary crazy and hadn't gotten me a second follower belief yet. Mandirs are quite nice, but I wanted another. Sorta worked out for him too-he got to pick that Knowledge through Devotion Reform the AI loves so much before the Basil builder. Also, immersively, if a civ succeeds at giving me their religion, I like to let them live if I can.

When all these wars were over, from the UA, Machu, Industry, and so on I had more gold than I knew what to do with, esp since most of my cities were puppets. Just waiting for it to get stolen really. That's honestly my least favorite part of this great mod, 15k just disappearing in an instant like that instead of some number based on gpt. Allying every CS is what I did before Ashie took 15k and Ahmed another 10k. Neither was relevant at least.

Slowly influentialized everyone, quicker when I got archaeologists. But it seemed like I would have to go to war against Pacal, he had waaaaaay more culture than the rest, so I started building up a frigate force to go with the awesome Beggars that tore thru Denmark. But then I sent a musician over and it literally did 115k. No exaggeration. Bug? They did get reworked recently, and I did have a ton of culture and tourism, but that's an awful lot, even with Marathon scaling. Sent me from 35ish percent to 108 percent and that was game. I was ahead of him at everything anyway, so if this was a mistake, I still would have won eventually probably. Gonna have to see if I can find some Johann Strauss II on Spotify later, listen for as long as I can manage in thanks. I'm sorta learning how to do SQL stuff, I wonder how hard it is to replace all these bland olds with actual great musicians. Kanye, Kendrick, Taylor, and so on.

Another thing I did this game for the last time: Opened Statecraft to steal the Forbidden. Not putting off Ideologies just for the 20 points.

Quests were super delightful btw! Esp enjoyed the permanent happiness ones, can't wait to truly warmonger with those.

Civilization: Mongolia
Victory Type: Conquest
Relative Rank: Harder (Deity)
Outcome: Challenge
Version: 17/2
Speed: Marathon
Mapsize: Huge

I had a very nice starting location, and thought a moment about just playing a peaceful game, but who am I kiding? Mongols, right? So the usual archer rush on my next neighbour, which was harder on deity but still doable. However Harald used the opportunity to grab one of my cities while the army was away.
Still, once I had finished my first victim I turned against him, and he had no way to beat my experienced archers. Then I worked my way through the rest of my continent. Just the turn after I conquered the last city, a civ from the other continent contacted me. Perfect timing!
Again I pondered the idea to just fill all the emptiness on my continent and end it peacefully, but then I got a big war bribe. Turned out the civ I declared on was allied with another and had two vassals. All right then.
There was one tense moment when my fleet moved right next to Ghandis, which was three times as big, but for some reason he didn`t attack. Two turns later I owned the seas, and on land while there were a lot of units and cities to grind through, was never a real challenge. Also, having Honour and God of war gave me a lot of value from all the carnage. I got 6 great prophets before industrial, and 6 great writers after that, plus faith buildings in many cities. I just got a lot of faith this game.
In the end I managed to shortcut to the end by getting two capitals from the peace deal.
The AI performance was quite disappointing. It had huge numbers of units, but didn`t use them. As long as I held my units together, it just wouldn`t attack. Any stragglers were immediately killed, but as long as I kept my units in formation, they were safe. Might be a bug related to this version, though.

Top Bottom