[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 3 years hearing people complain that Civ VI has Disney artstyle, Firaxis finally had enough and will add Donald the duck as leader, in an act of defiance. He will be a warmonger. In exchange, Disney will release their new animated short, Ed Opens the Civilopedia, about a boy who did something really naughty in a livestream.

That's my prediction. I've spoken.

This is the Way.

After 3 years hearing people complain that Civ VI has Disney artstyle, Firaxis finally had enough and will add Donald the duck as leader, in an act of defiance. He will be a warmonger. In exchange, Disney will release their new animated short, Ed Opens the Civilopedia, about a boy who did something really naughty in a livestream.

That's my prediction. I've spoken.
And Donald will only be shown from the waist-up in his diplo screen, even though he doesn't wear pants anyway so what does it matter, :crazyeye:

My money is still on Q1 2020 - I'll be out of the country for 3 months without my gaming laptop, and unable to play it.

I still would like to believe an announcement is forthcoming before Christmas.

I cannot believe that Firaxis will not have us something to talk about and cheer us up during the holidays.

i think they are watching humankind to see how it will fare up against the civ series and phoenix point to see how it will perform against xcom series. we will only hear from them if they see them as serious competition. If they are not stacking up well enough then i fear we are stuck in limbo ( or in speculation land of the pink clouds )

To be honest if all we got was a 'stay tuned for an update in the New Year' now that would tide me over quite happily. I think a lot of us feel like they probably *are* working on something, but it would be good to know that for sure, even if we don't know what it is or when it will come.

ETA: honestly at this point, even if they said 'sorry guys, that's it, no more content for Civ VI', I'd take that. It would be disappointing, sure, but at least we'd know.

To be honest if all we got was a 'stay tuned for an update in the New Year' now that would tide me over quite happily. I think a lot of us feel like they probably *are* working on something, but it would be good to know that for sure, even if we don't know what it is or when it will come.

ETA: honestly at this point, even if they said 'sorry guys, that's it, no more content for Civ VI', I'd take that. It would be disappointing, sure, but at least we'd know.

That would also hopefully mean they'd soon release all the stuff the modders have been hoping for for ages, so still good news.

i think they are watching humankind to see how it will fare up against the civ series and phoenix point to see how it will perform against xcom series. we will only hear from them if they see them as serious competition. If they are not stacking up well enough then i fear we are stuck in limbo ( or in speculation land of the pink clouds )

Wel, humankind make it a bit difficult for Firraxis:
- Lanch additionnal content before humankind launch: people might wait to see how HK is doing before buying CIV 6. And any negative review toward CIV 6 will even accentuate this...
- Launch it after HK: people might buy HK for the hyppe, and not want not buy another game for some time (not everyone has that much money to burn...)
- Not launch anything in 2020: accentuate the need from player to buy HK because CIV 6 is stagnant.

In fact, since HK might be the first real contestant in the historical 4K theme in quite some time, Firraxis might be slightly rusty in reacting toward competitors :rolleyes:

To go in the opposite direction with a bit of more positive speculation:

We might be getting a 3rd expansion in the Q1 2020 AND a final DLC pack of alternate leaders prior to the release of Humankind.

Why would Firaxis divide between Civilizations and Leaders and then not take full advantage of it? For the benefit of modders only? I'm not quite buying that.

Still, America, Rome, Arabia, Egypt, Germany, China, Russia... doesn't it feel odd to everybody for France and England to have an alt but not Germany or Spain? Greece but not Rome or Egypt? India but not China? And no Alt for America? What are the chances of that?

Then there's the double leader feature they brought in with Eleanor. Just top of my head someone mentioned in another thread Kublai Khan for Mongolia and China.

There's also Charles V or Isabella I for Spain and the Netherlands. Remember the board? IT WAS NEVER A MISTAKE! She was Queen Regent and a pretty decent one at that, and it was she who did a lot of the governing in Spain, not Charles.

:queen:

Agreed. I'm not sure why at this point they wouldn't tease something if they were indeed developing XP3 or at least DLC.

Could it be that they were planning a third expansion but Humankind's sudden announcement scared them off? I don't really know the first thing about marketing and game development...

Anyone else checking civ6 on twitter at 16:01 CET just in case of not missing someting good?

(my hopes are bigger tomorrow do)

Could it be that they were planning a third expansion but Humankind's sudden announcement scared them off? I don't really know the first thing about marketing and game development...

AAA game development with a huge publisher like 2K doesn't turn on a dime like that. I also cannot understand the logic of what you're suggesting in general.

These things are planned far in advance. Work on GS began before R&F was finished.

In fact, since HK might be the first real contestant in the historical 4K theme in quite some time, Firraxis might be slightly rusty in reacting toward competitors :rolleyes:

FXS have just ensured that its flagship strategy game is available on PC (Win/Mac), three major consoles, iPad and iPhone (why not Android tablets though?). I don't think this can be described as "rusty". "Anticipating the competition" would be more like it. Now Amplitude will feel additional pressure, if HK lives up just to part of the hype.

if i were firaxis i would try to get a big headstart. Another expansion in 2020 would probably put civilization 2-3 years ahead of HK. Going to buy humankind anyway to support this genre. But if i would start without civ 6. Would be best to buy the game with 3 years of development behind it. Instead of taking the risk+frustration which comes with a new title.

AAA game development with a huge publisher like 2K doesn't turn on a dime like that. I also cannot understand the logic of what you're suggesting in general.

These things are planned far in advance. Work on GS began before R&F was finished.

if i were firaxis i would try to get a big headstart. Another expansion in 2020 would probably put civilization 2-3 years ahead of HK. Going to buy humankind anyway to support this genre. But if i would start without civ 6. Would be best to buy the game with 3 years of development behind it. Instead of taking the risk+frustration which comes with a new title.

Thanks both. As I said I don't know the first thing about how these things work. It sounds unlikely, then, that Humankind could have affected development of an expansion already in progress (if they were planning one at all we have to assume work on it was underway before GS came out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom