• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Wiz01- My first SG (Regent)

Lemme know. I don't want to play the next set and someone else did the same. Again. :blush:

Were you only banned from OT? Good to have you back, anyway. :)

I think you can play the next part of turns, after zorven.

Anybody realised that Aztec border in the save gorm posted? It should be checked.

Come on Zorven! You're up! :D What does a girl have to do to get a set of turns around here? :lol: (don't answer that)

Zorven should be posting the save today. If he doesn't, we'll see if SE should play the save gorm posted...

Yeah zorven said he'll take his turn today (monday) He must only be able to play while he's at work ;)

sabo10 - you're right. I have my own business and took my computer from home to use here. Anyway, I will start playing in a few minutes.

Ok...done. It was harder than I thought to just pick up in the middle of a game and trying to do everything perfect so as not to dissapoint you teammates. Anyway, let me know of my dopy moves.

Preturn:
Change Osaka from Pyramids to Settler. We are losing 1 gpt at 80% Science and we only have a treasuary of 5. Reduced Science to 70% for +1 gpt - adds 3 turns to Writing, now due in 18.

IBT:
Tokyo: Worker --> Temple

1790 BC:
Tokyo worker NW to assist in building mine.

1750 BC:

IBT:
Kyoto: Settler --> Warrior

1725 BC:
Send Kyoto Settler to site between Tokyo and Osaka. Warrior defeats barb camp NW of Leipzig in the Tundra for 25 gold.

IBT:
Zulu wants are Warrior out of their territory - ok.

1700 BC:

IBT:
Kyoto: Warrior --> Warrior
I see a Settler/Jag Warrior pair across the bay from Ulundi.

1675 BC:
The Aztecs are a backward people. They have only 2 cities and no techs that we don't and only 10 gold.

IBT:
The Aztec pair settled. Germany now has a city NW of Tokyo.

1650 BC:
Move workers at Tokyo to hook up horses.

IBT:
Kyoto: Warrior --> Spearman

1625 BC:

IBT:
Osaka: Settler --> Settler

1600 BC:
Edo founded - starts Temple.

1575 BC:

IBT:
Barbs show up N of Kyoto and S of Osaka. Kyoto: Spearman --> Spearman. Irrigation of Cow at Osaka completes.

1550 BC:
Kill one Barb, one on deck.

IBT:
Zulu are building the Oracle. (Germany is building this too, but not sure if they started during my turns)

1525 BC:
Changed Science to 100% to get save 2 turns, income goes from +1 to -3 per turn.

1500 BC:
Kill barb.

IBT:
Kyoto: Spearman --> Settler. Zulu's found Holbane 2 tiles from where I was sending our settler.

1475 BC:
Drop Science to 70% to still get Writing in 1, income at +1. Founded Satsuma where our settler stood.

IBT:
Discover Writing, set Science to 80% for Map Making in 20 turns. Income +1.

1450 BC:
Workers at Tokyo begin road to Edo. Worker at Osaka begins road to Satsuma.

IBT:
Osaka: Settler --> Barraks. Tokyo: Temple --> Worker.

1425 BC:
I decide to end it here. We have a Settler/Spearman pair in Osaka and will let the next in line decide where to send them. I forgot to change the laborer in Satsuma to a forest to speed up the Temple. The screenshot includes the city sites I was thinking about. The 2 in the SE would get us a coastal city and either incense or iron within the city range.

The Save

We are not aimming for any wonders? Osaka was made for wonder prebuild.

If we kept prebuilding the pyramids, we could have switch to the GL if we decided to. :( Oh well. I guess I'm next then. I'll try to play tonight, K?

Yeah, wonders should be built, at least GL, IMHO. Osaka should propably change from rax to Pyramids or Oracle.

It's SE's turn.

Good playing, zorven. :)

If we build on the more southern city site, we could also keep the Zulus away from the Iron site + we would get incense. I suggest that spot.

From now on, maybe we should play only 10 turns/ DP. What do you think? Is it a too short period? What is the turns/ DP used in Sgs usually?

I think 10 turns per player is normal. Also, If we want GL, then we should switch our research from Map Making and start the pre-build, but that is up to the next player ;)

Also, just to let you know what I was doing, I was setting up Kyoto to produce settlers, Osaka to build military, and Tokyo to build a few workers.

Sorry to be a bother, but are we doing 10 or 15 turns? I don't want to eat into someone else's playing time. :)

10 turns is a good pace. We should prebuild GL while researching MM. MM is higher priority. Without additional contact, GL wouldn't do us any good.

Also, we should settle the southern iron city as we could use the iron. Try to build war instead of spears so that one of us could pick a fight once the iron is online. Do not road the iron unless we have at least 6-10 wars to upgrade. Cheaper to build wars than swords. My 2 cents.

Yeah that's why I thought I built Osaka, for a wonders prebuild. I thought we could go for pyramids or GL although it sounds like we're ahead in techs so the GL won't do much, but if we build it we could at least turn our science to zero until education and get some $$$$ :)

Just to chime in: the number of turns per designated player is completely up to the team playing the game. Normally it is set between 10 - 20. The defacto standard seems to have settled at 10. In the later stages of the game, it is not uncommon to shorten it even more, as there is sometimes *too much* to do to be able to play 10 turns in a reasonable time. ;)

Zorven didn't post a save. :( I can't start without it.

edit: sorry, I'm a ******. I found it. Ugh..

Here's my (correct) turnlog. I hope it is up to snuff for you guys, but I can't promise much. :blush: :

1425 BC: Warrior in mountain W1. Moved settler in Osaka to hill E of incense. Moved spearman to same spot. Moved warrior in mountain W of Hlobane, S1. Moved warrior at hill N1. Barb sneak attacked, we killed it.

1400 BC: N1 to attack barb camp. Killed barb, got promoted to Elite, and got 25 gold. [dance] Warrior near Germany goes NW1. Worker team S1. Warrior by Hlobane SE1.

1375 BC: Kyoto builds settler. Start another one. Kyoto settler goes to warrior on iron N. Worker team starts road. Fortified warrior on iron. Worker SW1. Warrior by Hlobane S1, by accident. Meant to go SE1, but my hand slipped. Reloading is illegal, so I couldn’t. :(

1350 BC: Worker build road. Warrior near Bapedi E1. Warrior by Kong. goes NW1.

1325 BC: Tokyo makes worker starting pre-build of Pyramids. Worker goes to wheat. Worker team goes S1. Warrior by Konig. NW1. Warrior near Zululand goes S.

1300 BC: Worker team starts road. Worker on wheat NE1. Warrior near Germany E1. Fortified Spearman. Warrior near Zululand S1. Germany demanded writing. I told them no, and they declared war!! :mad: :cry: Warrior killed oncoming barb by Germany. Barracks done in Osaka, starting archer. Temple in Edo done starting warrior.

1275 BC: Cut back science to 60% because we were losing 2 gold per turn. We need that money for armies. Worker by river irrigates. Established embassy with Zulu. I tried to get them into and MA, but nothing doing. :( Worker by Osaka S1. Built Kagoshima. Starting warrior. Warrior near Kong. S1. Warrior by Bapedi N1.

1250 BC: Settler in Kyoto done, starting warrior. Settler to southern coastal plain by iron. Warrior enters Kong. Woker by Satusuma builds road. Warrior by Bapedi N1.

1225 BC: Warrior NW1. Worker to build road. Fortify warrior in Kong.

1200 BC: Kyoto makes warrior, starts archer. Warrior to w, Kong. Warrior by Bapedi, NW1. Built Nara. Starting swordsman.

Good. :) I'll check the save, more comments later. Is it already my turn? Oh boy, oh boy... So no more comments, only a terrible players turn log...

So, here's my timeline:

1200BC: Switched Osaka Archer to Oracle. Switched Tokyo Pyr to Archer. Hmm... SE, why did you build Nara where you built it? Just asking, no offence...

IBT: A German Archer appears near our war near Konigsberg. Edo builds war, begins another war, 5 turns.

1175BC:Moved war in Edo toward Tokyo. Killed German archer near Konigsberg. Worker pair near Edo SE to build road to Satsuma. Worker near Satsuma E to build road to Kagoshima, new city and Incense. Warrior near the Zulu town Bapedi moves southward to explore new areas yet unknown to our magnificent civ.

IBT: Our reg but brave war is killed near Konigsberg by a German war. :( Tokyo finishes archer, begins war.

1150BC: Worker starts irrigating wheat N of Tokyo. Our mighty army, which consists of two wars and a arch, moves toward the German border. Settler moves automatically towards settling spot. War on a mountain W of Edo moves also toward German border to scout for German attack troops.

IBT: Nothing.

1125BC: Our mighty army is reinforced with a war from Tokyo. It is not needed for MP there. Planning military assault on Konigsberg: if we get it, we'll get also ivory, and the city spot isn't that bad either. Check Aztec trades: They know the Babylonians, but they'd only trade for Writing. I refuse. Trade RoP with Zulu for 14gp+ Contact with the Babs. Lets hope they don't RoP-rape us... We are a little ahead of the Babylonians, they don't have Wri.

IBT: Kyoto builds Archer, starts settler. Edo war, war.

1100BC: Our assault troops approach Konigsberg. They have a spear waiting for us. Arch from Kyoto moves NW. Setler reaches city site. Science up a notch to 70 %. Breaking even.

IBT: A German war from Konigsberg attacks our war. We win, and our war becomes a veteran. :)
1075BC: Our arch attacks the spear in Konigsberg. We win! But there is another one aiting for us... Attack with anotehr war, but we lose. The spear is now only 2/3 energy. I build Nagoya.

IBT: Our war scouting near the german SE border is attacked by a german vet war, but we win. However, another war nears our war. Tokyo builds war.

1050BC: The Germans would make peace, and they would pay 36 gp for it. They have Poly, but refuse to trade it. I refuse. I attack Konigsberg with our arch and war, but we lose. :( However, we have a reinforcements force coming up. (arch & 2 wars)

IBT: Edo builds war, starts rax. Kagoshima builds war, war. Our war near he Germen border is again attacked. Again, we win.

1025BC: War from Edo moves toward Tokyo. War from Kago goes towards Nagoya. War belonging to new attack force moves W and discovers a German Archer.Arch and war move NW.

IBT: German arch attacks our war, we lose but arch is also down to 1 hitpoint.

1000BC: Our archer attacks it, and we win, arch is appointed elite status! :) Our war at the German border plunges deeper into the German area.

IBT: Kyoto builds settler, starts war. Satsuma builds Temple, start war.

975BC:We research MM, start Lit, due to 14 turns. Attack force moves to Konigsberg. Next DP may decide what to do with the settler in Kyoto.

Save will be in next post, if this browser doesn't make attachments.

I just wanted to give you my perspective on some city placements. Maybe I have a point, maybe I don't.

Nagoya: I would have put the city one tile north (blue X), this would allow me to have 2 plains and a bonus grassland (black squares), all on a river, within the city radius instead of sea tiles.

edit: oops, the blue X spot would not get you that bonus grassland, but it is still a better spot. Where that warrior is standing would also be a good spot.

Kagoshima: I would have moved at least as far west as the red X. The current city radius (pink squares) are almost all desert and hills. Moving to the red X would give you much better terrain, be on a river, and we would still get the incense within the city radius.

Nara: I would have settled on the red X. This would give you the game resource, 2 grasslands, still have the iron in the city radius, and be on a river. Putting the city on Iron will keep you from ever being able to improve the hill & iron with a mine, thus you have lost the potential shield production. A tundra has a base production of 1/0/1, so by putting a city on it you have already improved the production to 2/1/1.

Top Bottom